4M4Life.com

Awakening of Time

Offline Soloxius

• H̻͡E̒ͤͦͨ C͐ͩ͗̚O̿Mͪ͊ͫ͊͌̓ͮĚS͌͗
Re: Awakening of Time
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »
He blushed, smiling warmly, as he looked at her. Her profile was nothing short of beauty itself, to him. "You are? I'm glad." He interlaced his fingers with hers and steered the ship long into the night...
15 Awesome Points and counting...

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*   Everyone  *`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline Daggron13

• If your lost, look to the wind for guidance.
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
"Oh, Just when I was about to get some sleep." Daggron yawned lazyily up in the crows nest.
("Aren't they beautiful though?" Kelly said in his head)
"Heh Just another form of a weapon." Daggron said covering his eyes with his forearm.

((HEY I"M SO SORRY!!! =w= i was on vacation and my parents wouldn't let me use the internet on a "family trip" ))
Let the wind be your guide.
The light deceives,
The darkness corrupts,
Heaven and Hell have betrayed us,
They harm all who live,
But I fight back.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
Saul nuzzled Kyla's neck some more. "And why are you so looking forward to this trip just now~?" he asked her coyly.

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
"Because of you." she answered quite simply, staring away as the night grew into morning and the darkness turned to light.

((lame post is lame))
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »
"Because of you."

Saul blushed red, burying his face into her shoulder shyly. His hands warmed a tiny bit as his emotions flooded forth from his mind. "A-ah... th-that is a bit of nice news..." he said. He lifted his hand and concentrated slightly, firing another fire work. This one produced an odd blast, somewhat shaped like a heart. His hand returned to hers on the wheel.

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »
She watched the firework explode in the sky and curled her fingers around his, "What happened to all that attitude of yours, hot shot?" She grinned, "Lose your courage all of a sudden?" She watched calmly over the horizon, 'This is nice.' she thought inwardly.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2010, 02:12:17 AM »
"N-no! I, uh..." he blustered, somewhat indignantly. "I just... What do you mean, 'lost my courage?'"

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2010, 02:26:09 AM »
"I dunno, guess you really are like fire... sometimes the flames are out of control, and sometimes they are just calm warm embers." She answered softly.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
He whispered in her ear. "Warm embers that you keep close when you're cold, heh." He thought he heard a rustling sound coming from the crow's nest, where Daggron was supposedly sleeping/keeping watch.

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #309 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »
The sun could just faintly be seen peaking up over the horizon; soft hues that reflected into the ocean appeared in the still dim lit sky, when a building could be spotted in the distance. It was massive in size, gloomy and dark even from a distance, with large stone towers surrounding it, faded from view by a thick mist. It in place on a strange piece of floating land, that seemed to be man made and placed there for the soul purpose of keeping the distant shrine afloat. Kyla's eyes met with it for a quick moment, "We're almost there." she stated flatly, "Wanna make one last firework? Preferably loud enough to wake the rest of em but pretty enough to end the night off with a boom?"
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #310 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:56 AM »
Saul smiled and kissed her cheek once more, softly and longingly. "Sure thing." He stood back from her, withdrawing his heat into his hands, forming a small fireball in his palms. He threw it up into the air with a grunt, then returned to his place behind Kyla. The ball sailed into the air and hung in place for a moment. "Boom," Saul whispered in her ear.

The fireball exploded loudly, a shockwave shaking the ship from bow to stern. Small glittering fragments trailed down into the water, hissing as they were extinguished.

Offline Daggron13

• If your lost, look to the wind for guidance.
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2010, 12:03:54 AM »
Daggron opened one eye when the huge explosion took place.
"I guess we are about to reach land..." Daggron said to himself as he lazily stood up in the crows nest. He looked toward the oncoming island.
("Oh doesn't it look marvelous? it's so breath taken!" Kelly said in Daggron's head)
"I better get ready we don't know what kind of things are on that island so I think I'd better get geared up." Daggron looked over the edge of the crow's nest.
"Watch out I'm coming down!" He yelled as he jumped off landing with a roll. "Awesome heh that has got to be one of the best ways to start off your morning!" he said to Saul and Kyla "I'm going to go get geared for the island... We never know what's going to happen." he said walking up to them.
Let the wind be your guide.
The light deceives,
The darkness corrupts,
Heaven and Hell have betrayed us,
They harm all who live,
But I fight back.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2010, 02:27:05 AM »
Saul gave Kyla another kiss on the cheek and a hug, and released her from his warm embrace. He nodded to Daggron. "Right, I'll do the same. We need to be ready for anything... though I get the feeling we'll be receiving a warm welcome."

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2010, 02:17:05 AM »
((Daggron, as a side note, realize that the seal is more or a cathedral on the water, and not so much of an island, also, tell Pryce he's a jerk, and happy belated birthday, he's never online, and because of that he didnt even get my secret birfday sprise that FW okay'd if he came around))

Kyla glanced back at Saul for a lingering moment, before back the immense building. "Well, I guess we better start docking."

As the words were spoken, Tamasa made an appearance, "We've arrived." She said apathetically. "Good, now we can really get started."

The boat was docked along the edge of the seal, as mist surrounded their feet and made seeing anything at a distance difficult.

"We better stay close, I don't think it will be easy finding each other in all this fog..." Kyla mentioned to the group.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #314 on: August 09, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »
Saul stuck close to the others and held up a hand, a torch-sized flame springing into place at his fingertips. He split it in half, placing each flame on his shoulders carefully. The fire obeyed his command, sitting in place comfortably and not eating up his cloak. He walked out in front. "I'll take point, unless you think you can blow away some of this fog, Daggron."

<The night of the Awakening, 1 day ago>

Joey woke with a start. The back of his right hand was itching furiously. He looked over at the clock, it was just 12 midnight. "What on earth is happening?" he said aloud, taking a look. Small fragments of light were converging on his hand, prompting him to give a startled cry. Tevya, the blacksmith who lived in the next room over, and also Joey's master, came in sleepily. "Oy, Joey, keep it down will you? I'm trying to sleep! What's the matter, anyhoo?" he said, cracking open one eye. Joey, horrified, held up his hand. "I.. I think my hand is burning! I need water!"

Tevya eyed the symbol forming on Joey's hand, and his eyes widened. "...this... this is..!" He turned to his young apprentice. "My boy! You are... a Holy One!" Joey, flabbergasted, went into the bathroom to try to douse the "flame" on his hand. The water felt cool, but the warmth remained. He glanced at it again. It was an odd symbol, one he'd seen before in old textbooks at school as a child. "I'm... a h-holy one?" he asked. He snapped his fingers and cried out: a flame had sprung to his fingers. He began crying furiously as he doused it in the water repeatedly, and hid in a corner.

Tevya walked in, eyeing the boy nervously. "Wh-what's wrong, m'boy?" "F-fire... I c-conjured fire!" The old man's face saddened. "...really? That's... fate is a cruel mistress, then. But we mustn't tarry. You need to be off to the Isle this instant! I'll pack your bags make some provisions for you." Joey simply nodded, still staring at his fingers in horror.

« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2010, 04:31:02 AM »
~Day of the Awakening~

Walking at a slow pace, Marissa stared ahead of her, having passed over the border between Keigwin and Forsythe. ‘Mmm… The world seems much different now... more cold. But I won’t get anywhere thinking on it for long. I made the decision to leave and find my own way in the world and… well… it’s time to take responsibility for that decision! Still… it’s a little unnerving not to have a home to go to… I suppose I should find a spot to display the necklaces I have, and use that time to make more.’ The umbrella at her side sounds off at each tap against the ground, sending a chill through her chest, and making the ache in her right leg renew itself with each step. Even the sensation of the smooth stones against the scarred flesh on her thigh and shin, though soothing in quality, brings a heightened sense of irritation to the ruined skin.

Finding a courtyard amidst the city streets, Marissa smiles at seeing a circular fountain with a wide lip and sits down slowly on the edge of it. Opening her white backpack, she pulls out a bundle of dark purple velvet cloth, and lays it against the stone. Setting out a few necklaces, simple ones made of black cord with a few brightly colored beads to either side of a wire-wrapped stone, polished and smooth, though a few quartz crystals appear in her work. Setting them out carefully, Marissa leans her umbrella next to her while a couple of people stop to stare at her work. Shy as she is, she does not speak to them, but watches them carefully, while choosing beads to make a few more necklaces as she waits, taking her time in wrapping a few choice stones.

The day passes with not more than a couple of people purchasing her jewelry at a meager cost. Packing her wares away at sunset, she gives a soft sigh. ’Now all I have to do is find a place to stay… I suppose I should have thought this through better… Perhaps I should simply look for work gardening tomorrow? Or… it’s better not to think on such things for too long… a walk away from these buildings might help ease the stress.’ Gathering up her back and standing, stretching her left leg once, she moves onward through the streets in search of a grassy area to recline and look up at the night sky, stomach rumbling harshly. ’Oh, hush now stomach… we’ll get something later.’Finding at last a place covered with grass, rather than pavement, Marissa pales a little to notice the incline of a low hill throughout the patch of green. “Oh my… Well… I’ve come this far… “ she murmurs softly to herself, a few small beads of sweat clinging to her brow as she walks to this incline, and slowly makes her way upward. Stopping to stand still and rest several times on her way up, Marissa collapses to the ground upon reaching the top, panting and dripping with sweat.

Rolling slowly onto her back while shaking the straps of her backpack from her shoulders, she lays looking upward into the now dark sky, smiling faintly at the twinkling stars above her. “I… I made it,” she whispers, a feeling of pride washing through her while her fatigue overwhelms her aching body, particularly her right leg, being stabbed through repeatedly with sharp pain, coursing through the scars and even, seemingly, through her bones themselves. Her vision blurs and her eyes close, leaving her in a deep sleep before long.

~Midnight/The Awakening~

Shaken suddenly from her dreamless sleep, Marissa throws her eyes open wide, finding the world quite still, despite being convinced that a tremor had just moved the ground beneath her. “W-what… where am I…” she whispers, her voice sharp with panic as she sits, head reeling. Putting a hand to her forehead she focuses on calming the pounding in her head, imagining a clockwise spiral as her mother had told her to do, slowly moving to ease the pain. Opening her eyes, she gives a gasp when she sees around her several small pebbles and loose clumps of dirt raised into the air, most close to the ground, though some as high as the level of her eye, all moving in a clockwise circle around her. “A-ahh…!”

A strange feeling seems to waft through her, moving from the ground beneath her through to her head, a sort of humming and then the presentation of thought. Unlike anything she’d ever experienced before, a notion presented itself in her mind. Hard to understand at first, the feeling frightened Marissa, inspiring within her the desire to stand. With a burst of motion, the ground beneath her bottom raises itself into a hill, throwing her upward onto her feet, and jarring her injured leg with intense pain. “N-NO..!” she screams, both startled and angered by these strange occurrences, whirling around to see the raised ground that had been beneath her before. Her eyes widen in shock, and she reaches out to touch the mound where a smattering of grass still clung to the dirt.

The moment her fingertips touch the uprooted soil, her body feels almost immobile, almost as though it were a part of the ground itself. A thought presents itself in her mind as she sees the back of her hand illuminated, finding this odd, but almost natural. ’My body feels so different… like I’m filled with… no… that’s not right… like I’m made of rock… so heavy… hard… but I… I need to focus… will myself to move… I… I will you to move…! Move!’ With a sudden jerk, the feeling fades, though the ground around her, the soil and rock beneath her feet seems almost a part of her, like a large, usually immobile body part. Standing still, she focuses on the soil to her left, focusing on lifting it upward, like lifting her arm. After a moment, like a numbed limb, the dirt raises into a small mound. Pleased, if confused, she focuses on the dirt to her right, gaining a similar result with a little less trouble.

Looking at the three small hills in front of and beside her, Marissa furrows her brow upward. “I… I didn’t mean to make such things happen. Perhaps… I should fix it… oh, I hope I can…” Closing her eyes and focusing on the piles one at a time, she imagines each of them flattening back into the hill, smoothing the ground as it had been before. When her eyes open, no evidence of the unnaturally raised ground remained, though the grass seemed ruffled. Opening her mind to the strange feeling more fully now, an understanding floods her mind. “… I have to move. There isn’t time to waste.”

Grabbing her bag, she flips it onto her back, feeding her arms quickly through the shoulder straps, and grips her umbrella’s handle. Making her way down the incline of the hill to the streets, she winces at the pain in her leg, and the lethargic feel to the muscles there. The stones rubbing against her scars, however, incite a new sensation. Using her mind to focus on the pebbles that she’d wrapped into her fragile brace, she imagined them as though they were a part of her leg, moving in the same way that she needed her leg to move. When the movements themselves seem to become easier to make, though the pain doesn’t fade in the least, the improvement causes Marissa to breathe a sigh of relief as she heads steadily into the streets of Forsythe.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »
Joey moved urgently through the town, passing by each dark window and each closed door with a nervous determination to reach his destination. He was startled a few times by stray cats prowling the night for food, but kept going. Not everyone can keep going forever, however...

He stopped at a bench near the town gate to rest, panting lightly. He looked at his hand again carefully, noting the dull glow rising from the backside. He left it laying out on the bench as he rested, even as his mind was filled with images of the fire he now apparently had control over, each one more frightening than the last.

« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:23 AM »
     Leg aching smartly, Marissa walked through the city streets, a sense of purpose driving her forward though her stomach churned with every step taken with her right leg. Forcing herself to think of her goal instead, she continued on past many a building in the dark of the night. Concentrating hard on the movement of the stones in her leg brace, a few pebbles on the street continue on with her for a few steps, swept up in her obsession with the motion. As she nears the gate to leave town, she is startled to notice, suddenly, the presence of another. Her eyes are drawn to the young man sitting on a bench, particularly to his left side before realizing with shock that the back of his hand is glowing, the way hers did.

Moving toward him, Marissa keeps herself at a slow, cautious pace, wondering how he’ll react to her approach. “Sir… sir, are you alright?” she asks, closing the distance to about ten feet before pausing, waiting for permission of some sort to come nearer.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2010, 04:23:11 AM »
Joey looked up lazily at the sound of the woman's voice. "Am I okay? ...yeah, I'm fine, just resting for a long trek." He held up his right hand. "I'm traveling to the Isle of the Gods. Apparently I'm one of the saviors of the world..." He looked her up and down. His gaze stopped on her brace. "That's... beautiful."

« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2010, 04:35:52 AM »
     Grateful that the man seemed to have responded so well to her presence, Marissa came closer to the bench, using her leg as gently as possible, before sitting next to him. Looking down at her own hand, the soft glow emanating from it through the fabric of her green, fingerless glove Marissa turned to him. “One of the… saviors… I… oh my…”

With a shake of her head, Marissa redirected her attention to the man next to her. “Beautiful, you say?” she asked, looking down at her right leg, holding it out just a little, wincing in pain. “A-ah… thank you… I made it… when I was recovering from an accident.” The scar tissue is barely visible from under her brace in their close proximity. "The Isle of the Gods, you say... yes... that is where I am going... p-perhaps... would you mind traveling with me?" Her head began to reel as the realization struck her sharply, the meaning of the strange occurrence on the hill and the glow of her hand... even the urge to rush to the Isle. '... how ironic... a cripple, and a chosen savior...'