4M4Life.com

The Garbage (OOC+)

Offline Nestec

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • "Live like tomorrow is not a promise..."
Re: Elemental Evolution.
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

Hotaru let out an enormous sigh, struggling somewhat to keep all the information gathered in his mind. Going to temples...fighting beasts...collecting stones...vanquishing evil...saving the world. None of it sounded real to him at all. In fact, it began to seem to him like everyone was merely blinding themselves with a piercing ray of vain hope. He didn't want to be a pessimist -- especially since it bothered Aiko when he was like that -- but he couldn't find it in his heart to be hopeful. Could it have been that all the turbulent, stormy years in the slums of Kakrio dealt a painful, permanent blow of darkness on his life?

Aiko began to think to herself, letting her mind journey the situation. Like Hotaru, she felt that none of it all seemed real. She and Hotaru had plunged far too quickly down a mysterious path of peril. It almost seemed ridiculous to be leaving Kakrio to embark on a world-saving mission. Would the gods even allow such miniscule beings of poverty to become such heroes?

Hotaru raised an eyebrow when Sesu gestured towards him to suggest his "pure heart". Pure heart? This man is incredibly naive...humans are innately rotten...even me. I don't believe that any man is pure enough to save the world...

Although Hotaru had to admit that the monetary-reward was immensely tempting (he and Aiko would be rescued from the hells of poverty!) , he could not help but feel that putting himself into great danger was not worth it. Even if the world was saved, what would change? Hotaru felt that the rotten world was almost better off being fated to destruction.

Just as his mind was about to hit the wall of decision, and as he was becoming convinced that he did not want to have anything to do with the quest, he felt Aiko squeeze his hand. He turned to look at her, and her luminant eyes shined up at him as if she knew what he was thinking -- in fact, she probably did.

He sighed, glancing down at the ground. He decided that he would stay for the time being. At least, until he was completely convinced that he was not committed to the quest. Aiko would be the only reason he was willing to stay.
: :  N E S T E C  : :

Offline Nestec

Re: S K Y R A Z O R
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »

(( Lol, I love Fay's sparkly and enthusiastic attitude. ))

Offline Red

• Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »
(( Yeah... We sort of need Fifth to post, him or Angel. ))

Lynx was busy studying the others in the room now that he arrived. He was watching Hotaru and Aiko, though at the time, he didn't quite know who they were. They appeared quite discouraged and rattled by all this heavy conversation. They were also the youngest ones in the room besides Ren who was with Shiv.

Lynx Yawned loudly to attract attention in the room and then strode over to Hotaru's and Aiko's table. "Hey. Where you guys from? You're not thinking about leaving, are you? Just think about the riches you could obtain from this place after you finish this assignment. Why pass up this opportunity?" Lynx asked very directly. He assumed by their appearance that they were quite poor and he also assumed where they were from already. Lynx was trying to convince them to stay and encourage them to be positive.

"Yeah! Money! Teehee!" Ren shouted from across the room.

Shiv sighed, feeling quite embarrassed for the lot of them.

"Isn't that right Shiv?!" Lynx questioned Shiv from across the room as a follow up on his question towards Hotaru and Aiko.

"Wah? Oh right! Yeah, who wouldn't want all that money? I would sure love to be rich. Hahaha!" Shiv replied to Lynx with a very sarcastic laugh.

"You see? Shiv is a clever guy not to turn this chance down." Lynx said to Hotaru quickly.

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:06 AM »
((I'm fine with that. And yes, he's quite the fellow, ain't he? C:))

Offline DNAngel

« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2009, 11:15:41 AM »
(( Uhmm... I would like to suggest to group everyone together and then just skip to us already being on the ground? It would save us a lot of trouble. Besides, this is a lot of people to look after. ))

((fine with that))
~Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call.~

Offline DNAngel

« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »
Angel thought about Sesu's reply carefully.  There was something in it for them after all, plus Glory would always be of use.  Then again, no one would know about it, so it wasn't so much Glory as it was Honor.  But at this point anything that would pay him was good.  It wasn't that he needed the money, but he liked a day's honest work.  In this case, three months of honest work.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you," Angel said pausing to look around, "But I'm staying, this is what I do and always will be."
~Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call.~

« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
Oro looked at the others and crinkled his nose at the individuals in the room. Oro nearly choked on the words that Kiyoko said and almost threw up at what Sesu said about their newfound dutys. Shifting and crossing his legs Oro grabbed his sturdy jaw and glanced up at Sesu.

" Ok one thing that i will ask you, why haven't you Sesu tried harder yourself to get this Van character? Why haven't you the head monk of the Guardian temple not tried harder at stopping this guy in the first place? I find it quite alarming that you would put us in harms way before you put yourself. That is very unmonk like now isn't it?" Oro looked at all the people as he said the final words of his long winded question. " This isn't child's Play and you must realize that I will not be moved in the facts that I am being put into harms way for something that quite frankly I don't care anything about.

Oro shifted in his chair a little then he looked at the snowy haired girl and closed his eyes once more taking in all that was just said. Oro slowly plucked at the strings of his heavy lute Bloom Gold making a deep humming noise.

Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
Re: Ryuketsu.
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2009, 01:12:48 PM »
(( I think we're waiting on Fifth. I went through and deleted Nestec's posts besides the three or so that Krystal interacted with Fifth. I guess it helps show more of Fifth's character and the fact that there are MANY applicants to this tournament. It isn't uncommon to run into people like that. Feel free to make up new people on the spot. ))

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »
((I'm fine with that. And yes, he's quite the fellow, ain't he? C:))

(( I think he's growing on Cassandra. =P ))

Offline Nestec

« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Hotaru looked up quickly at Lynx, somewhat startled by the man, with a look on his face as if someone had splashed a bucket of water upon him. He then turned to Aiko -- he wasn't very good at talking with strangers.

Aiko smiled, quickly recognizing her boyfriend's timidity. She took a small step, so that she was closer to Lynx than Hotaru was.

"We're from Kakrio. The Lower District," she answered, somewhat proudly, although it was certainly not a fact to be proud of. "And no, we weren't going to leave."

She caught Hotaru's eye, and gave him a wide smile.

"Hotaru and I are willing to risk our lives for this world, a world which we ourselves have not even fully seen. Saving innocent lives is what matters most to me right now," Aiko declared. Then she nodded, as if to give an air of finality to her words.

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »
Sesu stood silent to Oro's words. He didn't quite know what to say. Monks were not bred for battle, how was he to defeat such a powerful foe?

Tsumi stood up and pushed a chair out of his way to walk over to Oro. "First things first, you don't talk to the Head Monk of the Guardian Temple that way. And second, monks such as him are not meant for battle. They only know healing magic and light magic, how is Sesu to do battle with a powerful foe? Sesu did say that he not only was taught how to use their magic now, but already had powerful dark magic he was concealing from them. Someone who is able to hide such powers from trained beings in light magic is almost unheard of. Sesu is able to see through all of us and our abilities right at this moment with his power." Tsumi boomed. "Now isn't that correct Sesu?" Tsumi asked Sesu.

"Indeed it is so." Sesu replied.

"You see? And not only that, but you should care about what's happening here. What are you going to do sixty days from now? You'll die." Tsumi added to his defense for Sesu and the Guardian Temple.

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »
(( Nestec, Aiko said no, we WERE going to leave. Shouldn't it be weren't? ))

Offline Nestec

« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »

(( ::scratches head:: ...uh...w-what are you talking about...that's what I put... hehehehe....um...lol ))

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »

(( ::scratches head:: ...uh...w-what are you talking about...that's what I put... hehehehe....um...lol ))

(( Just making sure it didn't confuse anybody. ))

Offline DNAngel

« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »
((great))

« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:52 PM »
((test))
Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »
Oro's face grew grim and he smiled at how bold Tsumi was for walking over to him and saying such things. Oro simply stood up and slightly pushed Tsumi to the side and walked over to another corner and sat waiting for further notice.

"Well the head monk of this Guardian temple shouldn't be such a daft fool then, and you should watch yourself. Making rash advances like that could be dangerous to you health." Oro shot Tsumi a hard look and then he looked at the room with his hands on the strings of Bloom Gold.The noise that it was making was a high pitched screech that pierced the air like spears.

(( Oro is a very to the point character so don't take him seriously in the start of this he will evolve into someone that is something different in the end. Him being from Kakrio he has developed a shell that is hard to get through.))

« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »
Le'scott eyed the man with the hammer and he quickly ducked low into the Falcon stance he showed Aure earlier. Le'scott looked at Adam,Xander and Aure then back at the brute infront of him.

"I think that it's time to show this fool what's what, and lets make it quick because he doesn't look too happy." Le'scotted eyed Xander who already tried attacking the human wrecking ball once. "Xander look here..."

Le'scott was watching the man and the heavy weapon that he held. The weapon was huge all that they had to do was to get him to attack one of them and the other would move in and strike. He surely would be off balance after swinging that at one of them.

"Now you see Xander that weapon is exteremly heavy, there isn't any way that he can attack us both let one of use attack him getting him off balance while the other makes the killing blow."

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
Lynx sighed and looked to Tsumi who looked back a Lynx. They felt somewhat the same.

"Well, I suggest we continue to the next step as soon as possible despite whoever is staying or not." Lynx stated his opinion on the situation.

"Ah, yes, that is indeed the wisest choice." Sesu replied. "The other monks are waiting outside to start the ceremony. Let us not keep them waiting."

Sesu led the way outside the inn with Lynx followed closely behind him. "So, what's this ceremony called by spell book?" Lynx asked as Sesu open the door.

"The Clarity of Life." Replied Sesu with a smile.

"Sounds like a high level light magic spell, but it's not like I know much about magic or anything." Lynx replied as they exited the inn. Shiv and Ren followed next with Tsumi following after, though giving Oro a good stare before leaving.

"Ceremony! Ceremony! Teehee!" Ren shouted as she made her way outside and did several kart wheels.

"Ren, please pay attention..." Shiv scolded Ren.

"Otay!" Ren replied with a salute and ran to his side.

Outside the Guardian Temple monks had a giant glyph drawn the the stone pavement with white chalk and then that chalk was outlined with blue chalk. The glyph looked like an eight pointed star but much more complicated with circles and much smaller glyphs drawn into it. The monks were gathering in a circle completely around the glyph except in one spot where an opening was to let everyone enter the glyph.

Sesu led the group to the glyph and he stood in the middle of it. "Each one of you, excluding Aiko... Stand in the center of one of the eight star points. At the very tip of that point, you will see a bracelet with eight jewels on it. I will explain what these are for later, just pick them up after the ceremony is completed." Sesu instructed.

Lynx entered the glyph and stood where Sesu instructed, directly in the center of one of the eight star points. "Man, I hope this doesn't hurt or anything, this looks kind of complicated." Lynx commented.

Shiv took the star point next to Lynx and gave him a look. "Light magic will almost never actually harm you, don't worry. Plus this glyph is more fancy than actually efficient... I guess that's the Guardian Temple's style..." Shiv explained to Lynx. Shiv apparently knew a lot about magic which impressed Lynx a little.

"Hehe! Yep, Shiv knows everything about magic. He's a water mage!" Ren added in happily as she took the star point next to Shiv. "But I'm in training..." Ren said quietly, trailing off in embarrassment.

"Ahem." Tsumi cleared his throat as he took the star point then next to Ren, leaving four star points remaining...

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »
The scimitar senshi continued to slash at Adam. Adam dodged to the right and then spun his scythe horizontally continuously to parry a barrage of attacks from his enemy. Adam took a jump back and used small swings similar to Aure's to keep the scimitar senshi at a distance as he slowly inched back to Aure...

"Gahh! Quit running!" The scimitar senshi growled as he continued charging at Adam's apparently declining defense.

This guy is getting really worked up... Adam thought to himself as he continued backing up towards Aure.

Aure too was having a tough time, the double-edged sword senshi was for sure the most skilled of the group Aure had concluded. Aure looked to her side to see Adam nearing her and seeing the situation he was in too.

Is he trying to lure him over here? Aure asked herself. Adam's actions were quite perplexing to her.

The double-edged senshi studied Aure intently. What's she up to? She's been continuing the same pattern of four different attacks twelve times now. It doesn't seem like she's trying... He thought to himself. He looked to see Adam nearing Aure and his comrade attacking him ruthlessly. What?... Could he be...?

"If you guys aren't coming then I am!" The giant chained-hammer senshi roared and charged at Xander while still spinning his hammer in his hand by the chain attached to it. Within ten feet of Xander, he launched the giant hammer from his hand at Xander with great speed.