4M4Life.com

S K Y R A Z O R

Re: S K Y R A Z O R
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
Ian simply followed her. Her endearing charisma, almost childlike, bringing a small smile to his lips. A part of him was very happy to be able to be around a person like her and to experience camaraderie again. Another part of him, however, was afraid that his budding friendships would dull the edge of his tuned fighter instincts. He was constantly arguing with himself that he needed to retain his sense of humanity or all he had done would be for naught, while his other side claimed that he must push them away or he would never be able to complete his mission and gain his long overdue vengeance.

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #381 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
"Hmmm! We can't seem to locate it." Rena said as she quickly spun around to look at Ian. "Why do you wanna go anyway?" Rena asked Ian. "I mean, they probably don't have anything for us to do anyway. It's not like they would trust us fully all of a sudden when we JUST joined Wrath by working under Din. I still find it strange he let us do that and that he trusts us." Rena said quickly. She apparently was somewhat bipolar and is either very quiet and reserved and then very talkative and active. "Am I talking too much?" Rena asked Ian, not letting him answer her first question yet as she left her large sword over her shoulder.

« Reply #382 on: June 02, 2009, 07:18:10 PM »
"No. It's comforting in a way." Ian said, still wearing his slight smile.

A little companionship couldn't hurt that much...

"I've been on my own for a long time. It's nice to have somebody to talk with." He said. "And as for Din, he probably wants us as his subordinates to gain power. If he has a loyal faction within the organization then his power and authority will increase. Maybe not officially, but it will. And I'd like to be there so I can learn more about what is going on within the organization and how it will affect us."

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #383 on: June 02, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »
"For power? You think so? I'm still surprised by how young he is to be such a high ranking member of Wrath. I wonder if he's really capable of erasing an entire city in an instant like they say..." Rena trailed off.

"Anyway, I'm just here because I want to make sure something like that doesn't happen..." Rena added.

« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2009, 05:13:53 PM »
"I don't doubt that it is possible for a man to achieve that level of power. Though I'm sure it is very rare. I also would like to prevent something like that from happening ever again. Hopefully whatever power and influence we might gain from this organization can be used for good. To protect people, so that nobody will have to suffer the pain of losing somebody they care about." Ian trailed off. He cast his eyes down for a moment while he composed himself. He looked back up to her again. "Anyways, we should keep looking, they've got to be around here somewhere, right?"

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
"Hmm... Well, I'm glad we share the same ideals." Rena said smiling. She seemed to have not been paying much attention and lost grip of her sword as it slipped out of her hand and fell backwards over her shoulder causing a loud metallic clamor to echo every which way. "EHHH!" Rena quickly picked up her blade and held it closer to her and looked to Ian. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. So sorry. I didn't mean to make such a racket!" Rena apologized quickly, her speech was relatively fast while she was nervous.

"Let's just get going, though I bet they heard me make that noise..." Rena said as she lead the way again but much quicker this time.

(( NESTEC, hurry it up! ))

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »
Fay stood up to see what the noise was outside. He poked his head outside the room, looking down either hall. Upon seeing familiar faces, he called out to them.

"Rena! Ian! They're about to brief us, won't you join us?" Said Fay, waving slightly, before retracting his head from the doorway and returning to his seat.

Fay waited patiently for further instruction, gathering what he could sense.

« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2009, 10:22:59 PM »
The sudden sound had startled Ian, he had not been expecting it at all. He had been surprised enough that he had almost flipped one of his daggers into his hand again. Instead he held his hands up in front of him, palms out.

"Don't worry about - " Ian was saying and was cut off by the voice of Faye as he popped his head out of a door and informed them of the briefing before ducking back in. Ian turned his attention back to Rena again. "Well, I guess that's one way to find the meeting."

He led the way into the room with a slight grin on his face yet again. Being around the young woman was making him feel more truly alive than he had in years.

((Somebody please describe the room I just walked into, I have no idea where I am.))

« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
Ian stepped into the room and took note of the many people situated and seated within. Not seeing an open seat near anyone that he recognized he simply walked around the table and leaned against the wall behind Fay. He was hoping that Rena would come and stand with him, that way all of Din's new subordinates would be roughly together putting forth a unified front.

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:49 PM »
"Wahh!?" Rena said, making a strange sound as she saw Fay open a door to show them it was not very far away from them. Her mouth was held open for a moment, feeling quite stupid she didn't find it.

"Alright." Rena said after a moments silence and followed Ian inside. She stood next to Ian and then gave Fay a wave. "Hey Fay! Hehehe."

Din watched as his new Private Guard gathered together. They seem to really trust each other. Probably more than myself. I guess that's better than nothing. Din thought to himself as he sat in his seat next to Enyo and Myra with a rather bored look on his face.

Enyo yawned but then quickly recovered with a quiet, "Excuse me."

Myra sighed. Maybe I shouldn't have brought these two. They're on vacation and perhaps they did need the time off... Myra thought as she studied Din and Enyo's tired expressions.

Offline Nestec

• "Live like tomorrow is not a promise..."
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

"My apologies for the wait," Arion finally began, his voice not very powerful, but mysteriously piercing nonetheless. As his voice rang, his icy eyes trailed over the faces of the men and women in the room. "I appreciate your patience."

He waited for a brief moment, as the large screen on the main wall of the room suddenly flashed to life. It glowed a luminous green, then dimmed to a gray screen on which a map was displayed.

"As many of you may already know, our destination is the city of Sakura," Arion continued, nodding to add clarity to his words. "If you look here, you will see the lay-out of the town." He extended his right arm to gesture towards the map on the screen. The eyes within the room followed.

"The city is structured somewhat like a cross, with its branches being almost as long as the neck. The port, from where we will enter, is located at the base of the cross. From there, the market stretches out, which is lined with shops and bargaining centers."

Arion traced the neck of the cross with his hand, then used his finger to circle the joint of the three branches and the neck.

"Then the town splits off into three districts: the East, the West, and the Central. The East District is where the average civilians live. The wealthy homes and the town hall are located in the Central District. And the West District is where you can find Sakura's military quarters."

He glanced around at everyone in the room, making sure he still had everyone's attention. Then he continued.

"Our purpose here is to investigate the entire town in search of mass-destructive weapons, which Tsunami speculates to exist in the form of Core-Capsules."

Arion tapped the screen with his right palm, and it changed to display a strange-looking, metallic sphere. It was silver-colored, with dark red orbs entrenched in various spots on its surface.

"This is a Core-Capsule. It is highly explosive, able to decimate an entire city within seconds. This is what we are trying to find. There may be one, two, any number of these hidden. We cannot stop looking until the entire city is searched."

A coil of anxious whispering and murmurs encompassed the room, as the soldiers all spoke amongst themselves. From what Nimbus could hear, they all sounded pretty overwhelmed, and somewhat confused.

Arion brought up his hand to slowly stroke his chin, and to Nimbus it almost looked as though he was fighting back a smirk. "Are...there any questions or concerns?"

"Yeah, I got some concerns!" the red-haired soldier spoke up almost immediately. "Why the hell would Sakura have a weapon like that!? It's the most peaceful city in the nation! Not to mention the fact that their military is much too incompetent and weak to operate such a weapon."

The soldier with glasses joined in, his mouth spraying spit into the air as he forced his words out. "Yeah, and where did Tsunami get this ludicrous accusation anyway?!"

General Pedallus and Cassandra hushed their companions, although they shared similar concerns.

Arion waited until it was absolutely silent to give his response. "Do you doubt Tsunami's intelligence agencies? We have our sources, you should not worry about that," he explained. "Although we are not 100% sure that such a weapon is being hidden in Sakura --" The bald soldier let out a loud scoff at this. "--we certainly have legitimate grounds of reasoning for our claim. Information which is none of your business." 

The red haired soldier was about to shout, but he met the highly-serious eyes of his General, and submissively sat back calmly in his seat.

Nimbus leaned over to Mizu to whisper, "Tsunami sure can put on an act. You guys are just a bunch of crooks, aren't you..."

Mizu whispered back, "We're not crooks. We're simply willing to do whatever it takes to achieve our goal. In this world, there are many people that want to get in our way. We have to fight, even if it means lying to get what we want."

As the audience quieted down, Arion tapped the screen once more. It flashed back to the map display. "Well then...Are there any more questions or concerns? I would like everyone to fully understand the situation."

(( Okay, is Shinamori still in this RP or not? I think I might wanna take over his RpC for the next couple parts of the story. ))
: :  N E S T E C  : :

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2009, 01:13:16 AM »
((Scheming. I like it. C: I'm curious as to what may happen.))

Fay was shocked at the reactions of the soldiers. Their thoughts raced, filling Fay with a feeling that Tsunami's situation was getting shadier and shadier. He had already deduced that Tsunami must not have been up to any good having observed the interrogation of the King and Queen of the Spring Nation, and the kids being prisoners when he had first... 'arrived' on the ship. It did not surprise him that what Arion was saying wasn't entirely honest, although he could be sure about one thing: Tsunami was looking for something, and he had to find out what that something was. Perhaps Wrath knows Tsunami's true intent? And further still, could Wrath have similar goals, or perhaps wish to stop Tsunami themselves, should Tsunami's intent be ill..? I must look for answers. If I can catch Myra or Din alone, I shall inquire about it. Fay thought about the events unfolding, and made mental plans. I may also want to ask the soldiers to find out what they know... Perhaps I can learn more from both sides.

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »
Din sat in thought... He didn't really have any questions, but he had a lot on his mind. More than half of his Private Guard were all sharing similar goals as they had discussed earlier in his room. All three of these individuals wish for peace... Din thought as he studied his three new recruits, Rena, Ian, and Fay. I need to assess their abilities before I do anything more with them. Perhaps when we return to headquarters...

(( I need to look over old posts and see what everyone knows so far... Such as who knows what about Tsunami and Wrath and what they are going to do... Ugh, that's like six pages back or something... ))

((EDITED: Alright, it seems like Fay, Rena, and Ian all know what Wrath does, but they lack the knowledge of what their goals are. Din isn't a general or First officer so he doesn't know, only Myra knows a little. Rena and Enyo both know Din's goals since they had a talk at some point about it. Ian and Din were to have another talk when they could... Let's see, Ed knows almost nothing much like Nimbus. Lol. And apparently, the Wrath officers half of Tsunami's plans... I think that's enough recap. We've been on the airship for about eight to ten pages. Waiting on Fifth to post with Maxui who is with Djin and waiting for whenever Sonic wants to post who is with Ryubi. And who knows where David Green is. Lol. ))

Offline DNAngel

« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2009, 02:27:22 PM »
Ed eyed Arion quietly.  Such a small, yet powerful explosive in the hands of nation that claimed to peaceful reminded him of the stories he had learned growing up.  He wondered if it was possible that there wasn't explosives in Sakura.  Afterall if there were, every one of them in that room could be heading to their untimely and unfortunate death.  An entire city?  Destroyed by the power of something so small, yet so devastating, he thought.

Briefly Ed grasped his dual sword hilts, their was always a time for action.  But it would be suggestive to think that such an event would occur while they were there, perhaps the worst of it all was that Ed knew sooner or later they would have to face their opponents in battle, and that included the one he knew he could not defeat just yet... his Brother.
~Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call.~

« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »
Ian took it all in, instinctively coming to the realization that Arion was not telling the truth, or at least not the entire truth. He was not sure what he thought of that. He supposed he would have to speak with Din on the subject, since he was, for all intents and purposes, his commander.

Offline Nestec

« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2009, 06:19:08 PM »

(( Red, I read your PM, but I can't respond to it. Now, even AOL isn't letting me operate my PM controls... ))

Observing the hushed silence which ensued, Arion slowly nodded, concluding that there were no more questions or concerns. Or at least, if there were, no one was willing to express them aloud.

"Very well then," Arion said. He turned around to look at the map on the screen. Nimbus could see him glance down at his hands, his fingers moving as though he was counting. "There will be fifteen of you total, searching the three branches of the town. I will search the market strip and the port."

Arion took a moment to scan over the group. Mizu, who knew Arion quite well, could tell that he was focusing intensely.

"There will be three groups -- five people in each. General Pedallus," he said, to which Pedallus raised an eyebrow. "You will lead a group to search the West District. Bring with you... Enyo, Rena, Ed, and Rowan (( the red-haired soldier))."

"Understood," Generald Pedallus responded.

"Captain Solius," Arion continued. "Your group -- which shall consist of Mizu, Nimbus, Din, and Ian -- will search the East District."

Nimbus nodded his approval, quite satisfied with being grouped with Mizu. However, his heart took a small dive when he realized Din would also be accompanying them. 

"Captain Cassandra..." Arion said, addressig her with an incorrect title (the SSF only had one captain and one general). "You are assigned to search the Central District. Fay, Myra, Quentin and Hector (( the bald and glasses-wearing soldiers)) will follow you."

Cassandra glanced first at her General, then back at Arion. She nodded, folding her arms.

"Alright...You all understand where you are assigned to search? I hope there are no concerns with the groupings..." Arion said, his tone suggesting that he was expecting there to be some discomfort among the groups.

(( If I'm not mistaken, Nimbus also knows some of Tsunami's plans. And I believe Arion told Ed, Nemo, and Reios that Tsunami is looking for something. ))

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
Fay eyed the members of his group and nodded in approval. Perfect. Myra appears to be in my group; perhaps this would be the key moment to speak with her. I also seem to be lead by the beautiful Cassandra!, he thought, leaning back in his chair and smiling. Things seem to be looking up; perhaps it's luck!

((I'm waitin' on it, hahaha. C:))

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »
(( Pfft, LOL. ))

Myra sighed. I guess Tsunami was planning on using all of us while we were here... Myra stood up. "Alright, get with your assigned group and get acquainted! I won't accept any whining or fighting." Myra announced to her subordinates, though she did not specifically say who since she would like the fact that they work for Wrath to stay relatively quiet among the SSF.

Din stood up and at the same time so did Enyo who was staring at Din every moment that passed.

Ugh! I'm not in Din's squad... Enyo whined in thought.

"I guess I'm with lady Enyo. I'll be seeing you around later then, Ian." Rena said cheerfully to Ian. "Good luck with your group."

(( Uhmm... I would like to suggest to group everyone together and then just skip to us already being on the ground? It would save us a lot of trouble. Besides, this is a lot of people to look after. ))

Offline Nestec

« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2009, 01:59:57 PM »

(( RP-Romance FTW. lol ))

(( Alright, I'm skipping to the arrival in Sakura. And I suppose Ian can speak with Din after they split up in Sakura. ))

The Sakura citizens at the port all seemed to slow down whatever they were doing so that they could observe the massive airship lowering from the sky and into the lodge. AirCapsule pilots halted mid-takeoff, and airship engineers scattered to make sure the AX-07 made a safe landing. From the main window at the nose of the airship, Arion stood peering out at the people.

As the port got suprisingly quiet, voices whispered to one another, somewhat wary of the force of Tsunami which was about to greet them, and which they were expected to warmly welcome.

"I can't believe the Queen is allowing those bastards to barge in here like that," one man said to his co-worker engineer. "Although that is an impressive airship...They really don't belong here."

"Yeah, really. What the hell are they looking for anyway?" the other man grumbled. "They just want to put their noses in everybody's business."

A young teenager clad in long black shorts and a dark blue hooded cloak manuevered his way through the crowd to stand at the base of the airship. He pulled back his hood to reveal a head of messy, sand-blonde hair. His eyes, though wide and green, seemed to display a dark demeanor, filled with morbid grimness. He wore a large gold collar around his neck, which was somewhat loose and a little too big for his neck.

"If I were you, I'd watch my words in the presence of the Ocean Nobles," the boy said to the engineers, referring to Tsunami by a more mystic, unofficial title.

As the walk-way (( I still don't know wtf it's called...)) stretched out from the airship to the hard steel of the port, Arion and Mizu emerged from the main doors of the AX-07. As they walked out, the rest of the group followed behind them, with Pedallus and Solius being the very last to reveal themselves.

"Greetings, people of Sakura. Please do not mind us; our visit will merely be temporary," Arion called out to the people of the port. When their attention had not shifted away from Arion and the rest of the party, some of Sakura's security officers commanded the engineers to get back to whatever they were doing. Eventually, everyone continued their business, and the group finally reached the grounds of the port. The walk-way retracted back into the airship once more.

Nimbus and Mizu both scanned the town in a silent daze. It was definitely a beautiful town. It was not quite as bustling and colorful as Blume, but it radiated an air of tranquility that stood to give off an image of the town's magnificent peacefulness. The trees were very tall, and they bloomed with pink, round leaves which together nearly covered the view of the sky. Even the air seemed to give off a pink hue, and an atmosphere of passion was flowered from the land's visage.

"It's so...beautiful," Mizu whispered, more to herself than to Nimbus. He nodded.

"Yeah, but it's a little too much pink," he commented, a remark which thankfully for him was ignored by Mizu.

(( Umm...I'll give someone a chance to make a remark about the city, I guess. I hate making huge posts...lol ))

Offline DNAngel

« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »
From an equal-viewed position of the airship Ed watched out on the city below.  The height of the airship gave a wonderful view of the city stretching for what seemed like a couple of miles long.  It seemed peaceful despite there obvious reason for being there.  It was true that Sakura was beautiful.  Though knowing is as beautiful as home, Ed thought concertedly.

Ed was already thinking ahead to the arduous staring and behind the scenes talking towards them and ship going on down below.  He knew if someone came to his home like this he would not relish in their arrival but nonetheless he understood why they must do it.  If the didn't find the explosives, the city along with its residents would be in great and irrevocable danger.
~Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call.~