4M4Life.com

X-Files

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
X-Files
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »
Now, I've had the X Files in my life for the majority of my years, would spend each new episode on the couch eating peanut butter crackers with my pop and enjoying whatever swamp monster or alien agenda that was being presented, but from watching the last season(9) of the X Files it seems that Chris Carter is bad at ending stories.

During the "Mulder and Scully" years, the writing went above and beyond the standard character development and episode plot-lines. After the pilot received some success and a first season was issued, Chris Carter(the creator) did a little trick that works wonders for a visual series; combining the actors with the characters in terms of habits/personal habits and/or characteristics. This blurs the line between actor and character, is also risky due to the nature of drama within Hollywood agendas and personal agenas(but thats another topic).

The amazing aspect of the X Files is that the writing flowed perfectly with the synchronization of the actor-to-character. As Gillian Anderson became more in touch with Scully, we'd see episodes that were really focused on Scully's story/agenda. The same goes for Dechuvney and Mulder. Mostly this occurs during seasons 2 and 4.

{SEASONS SYNOPSIS}
Season 1 was the setlist of episodes that would sell the show to allow for multiple seasons. its the boiled down, raw, X Files where the events that occur will be mentioned throughout all seasons. Towards the end, there began an underlaying plot of an alien agenda within the government, something which destroyed characters in the initial season.

Season 2 was the most crucial season to solidify the X Files in order to tell the story of all continuing seasons. This season created the legendary format of stand-alone, alien-conspiracy agenda, and comedic(B-Movie) format which would define each season here-after(so long as it was Mulder and Scully on the case).

Season 3 had a lot of episodes, not many are memorable compared to the other 'classic' episodes that occurred before and after its airing. Mulder and Scully at this point are deadlocked together.

Season 4 breathed new life and new ventures into the X Files, many 'classic' and 'iconic' episodes aired during this season. The Smoking Man is a household name at this point in the show, with some episodes dedicating time into the man behind the conspiracy.

Season 5 marks the middle of the series, still keeping the momentum of season 3-4 episodes using the season 2 format of serious/funny/stand-alone episodes which created an enjoyable episode regardless of order in the season.

MOVIE 1: First X Files movie hits theatres, ironically was made before season 5 but is lead up to during season 5. Perfectly ties to alien agenda plotline without doing "too much" to influence the series.

Season 6 had "Jose Chung's From Outter Space" the best self-aware X Files episode. More classic 'stand-alone' episodes aired. Drama concerning the Alien Agenda plotline has skyrocketed in the previous season and continues to develop over the next two seasons.

Season 7 plotlines are matured heavily with supporting characters, and some characters are removed from the show(but in the same spirit of earlier seasons) Alien Agenda plotlines are the focus of this season.

Season 8 marks a strange limbo that will ultimately conclude the series; Mulder is off and on, a new agents take the stage, and the alien agenda plotline is dashed and scattered. Most of the season is dedicated to developing characters who will only be around for one more season before being forgotten in the final movie. Forced character relations and character 'demons' as well as suspicions between the characters.

Season 9 all hope is lost. Its obvious the show will end this season. Writing is sloppy in order to by time to end worthy characters, and haphazardly attempts to create more character development for one season old main characters that won't get another season to grow. Alien agenda plotline has completly fallen to shit at this point. The previous plotline dead, the new agenda is poorly portrayed and has little to do with the actual characters of the show. Shit is made up on the fly continuously. Most of the season leans on the Mulder and Scully years openly.

MOVIE 2: Years after the series ended, the second movie proves that Chris Carter wasn't washed up, but that new shows needed to be aired on FX network. The movie does not try to focus on the alien agena because such an attempt would be fruitless as a new season would be impossible. Its an extended episode that is really well done. Mulder and Scully get some further closure that is written well into the storyline of the show concept.

I'm glad I sat down and re-watched the series in order, as I missed a good amount of episodes over the years I watched it on TV.

Mulder and Scully are the best main agents solely because the show was made for them, Dogget and Reyes had to be worked into th show and thus are inferior.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: X-Files
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 12:47:01 PM »
First few season were the best to me. I stopped watching xfiles after the movie. I watched a few here and there but hard to remember so long ago! What year was season 9? I saw the first movie a few months ago on tv, wasn't bad at all. Was cool to watch them in action again.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
2002 was season 9

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
almost 10 years, wow

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »
One of my favorite shows of all time, no questions asked. I recall seeing the first movie with my brother and cousin, each of us being avid fans back in the mid/late '90s. My brother started buying the seasons on dvd last year, and they certainly stand the test of time as one of the best cult shows of all time.
Awesome Points: 585

http://wesker.flashcartoons.org

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*Minor Threat*`·¸.´*****
*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48:06 PM »
Yeah it does, they had a great creator/director from beginning to end!

[kata]

Offline Xicor

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
I've seen every episode of every season of the X-Files, and I'm blown away at how awesome this show is. The first movie was pretty good because it was on the subject of aliens. The second one sucked. Sorry, but it was horrible.

Also since the aliens are apparently suppose to colonize the world in 2012, I heard there might be a third and final movie of the X-Files coming out in 2012. Is this rumor correct? Or just fan-based hopes and dreams of the show not to end?
Awesome Points: 83
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_10_07_09_5_27_21.jpeg[/refle]
[refle]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/jejs07/GogetaandVegito1.png[/refle]

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »
I dunno, when I rewatched it, even tho the show is old, there are still plot lines left unfinished with dates such as the mentioned 2012. Would be cool, so long as Chris Carter wrote it, it will be good.

[kata]

Offline Xicor

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 12:46:55 PM »
Yeah you're right. As long as Chris Carter writes it. Dang, he made (wrote) 9 GREAT seasons of The X-Files. I couldn't stop watching the episodes. It was sad to see William, (son of Mulder and Skully) be adopted by other parents. That baby was a BEAST! lol

Oh and it's been about a month since I've been on line. Sorry if replying to this topic is "old."
Anyway, happy posting.

~Xicor
[refle]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/jejs07/GogetaandVegito1.png[/refle]

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »
nah its not old so long as you contribute to the discussion, which you DID! Smoking Man was my favorite character, he knew what was going on and did the best job at preventing it.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:58 AM »
my favorite character was always skully

she was the glue

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »
her transition in the last season was horribly rushed when Mulder wasn't in the picture anymore

[kata]

Offline Xicor

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:10:46 AM »
Skully was a fox! lol You here about a possible X-Files movie coming out in 2012?

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
another one?? i probably wont see it in theaters but wait for it on redbox

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
For sure!