4M4Life.com

E=mc2

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
E=mc2
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
More evidence that Einstein was right about light speed
The cards keep on stacking up in favor of Albert Einstein being right about the speed of light: It's looking like its limit is approximately 300,000 kilometers per second, or the "c" in the famous equation E=mc2.

The ICARUS experiment at the Gran Sasso laboratory in Italy reported Friday that tiny particles called neutrinos did not surpass this commonly recognized speed of light as they traveled from the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland to the Italian underground laboratory.

That's what the established laws of physics would predict. The result wouldn't be special, except that it flies in the face of a measurement from 2011 that challenged the foundations that Einstein had laid out.

Last September, scientists at OPERA - which stands for Oscillation Project with Emulsion-tRacking Apparatus - had found that neutrinos from CERN were arriving at Gran Sasso faster than the speed of light. If the particles really did exceed the established speed of light, scientists would have to completely rethink their understanding of how the universe works.

Since then, however, additional details have emerged to call this finding into question. In February, CERN acknowledged that faulty wiring may have produced the faster-than-light measurements.

Today's news isn't the end of the story, however. Four Gran Sasso particle detector experiments - BOREXINO, ICARUS, LVD and OPERA - will all be making new measurements with beams from CERN in May to give the "final verdict," CERN Research Director Sergio Bertolucci said in a statement.

Theoretical physicist Brian Greene, at Columbia University, told CNN in February that the faster-than-light measurements would probably not hold up to scrutiny. There's already a lot of experimental evidence suggesting that no particles can travel beyond that universal speed limit of light speed.

“They need to have completely independent confirmation by a separate experiment, ideally using different experimental methods," Greene said. "And if that were to happen, that would make many of us sit up in our chairs, or maybe even fall off our chairs."
http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/16/more-evidence-that-einstein-was-right-about-light-speed/?hpt=hp_c2

Kinjo Note: How cool would it be to travel at light speed. I love reading about Einstein and other geniuses like Tesla, Hawking, Franklin, and Edison. Makes me wonder, how did they become geniuses and where do I sign up.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Re: E=mc2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
yeah Traveling the speed of light is our only hope of Universal space travel... Whats crazy is, even then we need to Far exceed the speed of light to travel to other likly worlds of life if they really do exist, Maybe we could find it on the internet i mean everything exists on the web

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:11 AM »
what i find funny is that i bet the internet might not always be here, it will be replaced with something new & better

astro projection maybe mixed with holographic computer systems connected to a universal web.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
if they Re make the web it wont be better.... Because now that they know what people who used not to have power and popularity were able to do with the web if the web is remade they will create mechanisims that make the web less free more controlled and self serving.