4M4Life.com

"Go To College."

AnimeFreeze

"Go To College."
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
This morning I was taking the usual subway ride to school, When a man entered and testified that he had just left the hospital from having a bout with pneumonia  and had lost his job. He needed spare change for something to eat, His testimony was sincere and he had even admitted that he was so desperate that he had come so low to become a begger on the train. He had started to walk across the train car looking into the people's empty faces, Wallet and Purse alike were not open, A train with 30+ plus people, Not one person had offered him at least some spare change. I took the duty to at least give this man a dollar. When he received the money he looked back at me with a confused look as if saying to himself "A child?", A 14 yr old gives him money but not an older person? With a heart felt thank you he gave me some advice. "Go to college." It was not the first time I heard this. I have heard it many times living where I am. But it made me think, That it actually is some very good advice. But it also made me think, Why doesn't everyone go then? And the answer hit very close to my situation...One variable in life can affect someone's life, such as, A child full of potential living in low income housing could get First honors all his life, And still not go to college to care for his aging parents and brother's and sisters. It also made me think about the stereotype's and thoughts people get when looking at some in lower class then them. Like how an idiot with rich parents can go to a good school, and a good college, and get great paying jobs then call themselves hard workers.  Hard working is supporting your family and giving up your dreams to care for your parents. Shoo, Think twice, Just think twice, I would write lost more but I forgot half of it and a good TV show is on.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: "Go To College."
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
only goto college if you know what you want to go for

i waited until i was 20, after giving it alot of thought i wanted 1 of two things

1. start my own web company
2. work making 3d cartoons

after taking a class on 3d i realized that it was boring, so i went to webdesign school, i now own my own company and work for a law firm too (doing marketing and webstuff)

dreams can come true, but once you reach them. then what? make new dreams

now i want to

1. act
2. write books
3. own animation studios (tv cartoons)
4. travel around the world

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
Congratulations you just learned a life lesson

+10 on Knowledge
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
nobody should just goto college just to go and say you will find out later, then you will waste your time and money

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 01:13:06 AM »
I spend 2 years in the college system, constantly failing my classes not from their difficulty, but from boredom of taking general classes and having no goal or direction. I wasted a lot of money trying to 'find out' what I wanted to do in college and then finally decided to take a break to get some life/resources under my belt.
Worked on getting financially independent from my parents and a vehicle to aid in my travels.

Taking a year or so off from school has let me evaluate what I want in life, and different options that are available out there in the world.

Personally I wouldn't say "Go to college" as my message to todays youth.

"Get ahead of your finances" Is what I reccomend. There are so many non-degree jobs out there that can make you wealthy or just pay the bills. The majority of US businesses are home-based(like Kinjo). 100 years ago there weren't many corporations or companies, everyone was self-employed.

Savings accounts, retirement packages, stocks, etc are what deturmines how your life is down the line. Debt can easily limit your freedoms and choices, so be skeptical and don't splurge when you get some free cash. Investments pay off like crazy.

Bottom line, your Work Ethic determines where you go in life, and a clear financial slate helps you to remain free to work towards your goals.

[kata]

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »
the FW speaks

+50 Knowledge

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »
very good insight fw

your a prime example of what i said about just going to college without knowing what you want to do with your life

its best to wait before jumping into college after you explored the world and what you might want to do

investing is great, when i get extra cash i put it way and get a 5% intrest return on it... soon ill do more investing

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
I'm actually not sure of what I want to be or do in college...

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 09:05:58 AM »
u still have time to figure it out!  [sheep]

Offline TwitchLord

• I am Ganon!
  • Fear to enter DredzBop for the TwitchLord lives!!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
me i would say I've wanted to be a psychologist for a while now but i don't know if I'm right for it. so now i play the waiting game. For when next year comes i may have my answer. The one other thing i may want to be is marketing because you can choose to make something of your own to apply to anything and everything but I know i'm going to college it may not truly define where you go in life but at least ill be able to say i took the chance to better my self, to gain knowledge and try to find a better life on this dirt ball.   

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »
Its good that you have some ideas, start poking at them and see if they are what you're looking for!

[kata]