4M4Life.com

Orange Box Help

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
Orange Box Help
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
i got the orange box for my comp finally, but after i installed everything, i tried playing portal, when i started the new game, and i had to get out of the relaxation room, the game froze and a pop up came saying "hl2 has experienced an error" and all that, so i tried playing Team Fortress 2, when i entered a server and i had to go through those chalk board stuff giving info about the server, after the last "Continue" the game froze, crashed and that same pop up came up, anybody know why this keeps happening?
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

black death

Re: Orange Box Help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
good job shin, you just bought a 60 dollar product that will now cost you a grand.

Offline pilot

• Pilotofdoom0
    • http://www.facebook.com/npraglin
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:30:09 PM »
is portal really that good!?  what is portal about? is it an online game? what do you do in portal?

Ya know pilot, even though i make fun of you a lot.. i actually admire you
honostly..

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
portal is a puzzle game, type that into either google for explanation or youtube to see the game

and stfu BD

black death

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »
 [hehez]

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
Can your system handle Orange Box? Theres a website out there where you can check your specs against minimum requirements.

[kata]

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »
easiest fix, buy it for the 360 or PS3. As for the compy problem, I dunno. I had issues running the original Half Life on my old computer cause I didn't have a decent video card. my current one can handle it just fine. Might be a systems spec issue.
Don't wanna live, don't wanna be the E-M-P-I-R-E

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:23:10 AM »
god dam it not again.....

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:03:35 PM »
awww, time to beg my parents for a new computer XD

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:06:15 AM »
yeah you need a DAMN good computer for alot of these modern PC games

and the graphics card is more inportant than the CPU speed, Lately you need a GEFORCE 6800 or better,

myself for my compaq i want a GEFORCE 8500, which only costs 130$ and will have 512 Megs of DDR2 ram and a 400 MHZ processor for a PCI express slot,

but lookin at all the system requirements for most PC games nowdays if you dont even have a Geforce 5200 FX with 256 MB DDR mem (70$) at best buy your gonna be like this on your comp [ms]

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
i HATE these new requirements, always a new computer like every 5 years, and now, my computer is randomly shutting its self off....

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
Every 5 years!?

Son if you didnt Buy the HOTTEST Computer that ever existed 5 years ago it usualy pans out to be 2-3, and its been Like this since the dawn of computers, but i could try to help you more if you tell me Your computer Details

Processor Make and SPEED
Memmory Type and how much
Graphics card make & model and amount of memory
Mother board Make & Model # if you open your computer case and read it (usualy between the PCI slots)

once you tell me this information i can Help you do anything Like tell you what you need to buy and or Find the latest updated Drivers for all of your computer components depending on what you have it is possible to fix your program Loading issues with the latest Video Drivers and latest version of direct X.

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »
lol, ok ok,

processor: HP?
speed: where the hell do i get that
Memory Type: o_O'
How Much: uhhhh
Graphics Card: came with computer?
Mother board: ummmmmmmm..

dam it, i forgot that run action where you do a diagnosis on your comp where you get everything...something diag.....

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »
it would be, Start Run "dxdiag"

and that would just tell me your graphics card Make and Modle and version of direct X

now that information would be useful.

you Say its a Hewit packard, On the Side or back of the Computer it should have a hewit packard Serial Code and MODEL #, Punching in the Model # on the Hewit Packard webpage will Give you Full Computer Specs
Including the Brand and make and Model of the Mother board
Brand make and Model of the Processor,
Graphics card, Amount and Type of memmory
now you can get this information from your computer, but how to do that will depend on what Operating System you have, Is it Win 98, Win ME, Win 2000, Windows Xp or Windows Vista?

Hope to be able to help sooner or Later your Computer Expert master [tkoold] [bun] [sailor]

now that im thinking about it, For the most part you should get some of your system information from
Start, Settings, Control Panel, System. but im Still Getting Accustomed to XP & Vista so it may vary a little from that.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
 DOOMED [dev2]

[kata]

Offline pilot

• Pilotofdoom0
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 12:33:38 AM »
lol, i got a new lap top for christmas, it is blazing fast!!

memory: 3gig
hard drive: 160 gig
processor: dual coar
video card: i dont know.. but it has great graphics!

it also has a built in microphone and stuff

and it is good enough for mostly and pc game, like the big ones, like WoW, and america's army

honostly..

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
wow is not a high end video game any more it is still just one of the most popular, Because wow came out like 2 and a half years ago you only need a 32 meg graphics card to run run the machine,

technically for the most part a 64 meg Graphics card can kinda get you by, but the defining difference in the Most current Graphics cards is that they not only have 256-512 Megs of memory but it is of the fastesr make of memorry say DDR, DDR2 & DDR3 the latest...
also THESE graphics cards have CPU processors of their own and with todays video games if your graphics card does not have its own CPU you will still be able to play the game but on LOW Detail only, if you want the High resolution High detail and everything the game was meant to be Looking better then ANY CURRENT 360 & PS3 game you need a Geforce 8500 or better All these graphics cards have 400-800 MHZ processors of their own to handle Graphics and only graphics Along side of the computer processor in their its insane what i have, i have a GEFORCE 8600 GT and it has 256 Megs DDR3 memory and a 500 MHZ processor it auto detected HL2 the orange box with the Highest Resolution 1280x1024 and all on Highest Detail and let me tell you the graphics are INSANE i never had seen anything like it, Same with wow, i have 1024X768 Res on wow with all Details Maxed out and it is SMOOTH with 70 FPS [jive] prior to putting in the card i did not even achieve 70 FPS with all details on LOW and 640x480 resolution :P

Offline pilot

• Pilotofdoom0
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:01:56 AM »
wow is not a high end video game any more it is still just one of the most popular, Because wow came out like 2 and a half years ago you only need a 32 meg graphics card to run run the machine,

ok, it may only need a 32 meg graphic card, but it requires 1gig of memory, if you dont have that, the you will have like a 400 ping... and you would lag every single person on wow maybe... and yes, wow is a giant giant giant game, it is ranked one of the biggest rpg's on the world...along with runescape

honostly..

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »
Lol, the Game may run Slow as you say but i doubt the amount of memory has Much to do with the "PING" the Ping is your connection responce time from your computer to your Internet provider and then back to their game server, primarily the PING is controlled by What type of Internet you have, and how many "Hops" the data stream it has to make from network to network to get from your computer to the game server.

If you only have Dial up internet, then Usualy your ping will be around 350-500 NO MATTER HOW GOOD or BAD your computer is.

Most games Since 2003 need a 300 Ping or Less to Function in a NON LAG playability, as the games only get more complex and have to send more data back and fourth it only becomes More inportant to have a High amount of KB bandwidth and "un" High Speed Internet. but again PING has nothing to do with Hard ware...

next time you play wow Select a out of Region Server and see if you can connect to a Japanese WOW server and activly play on it without Lag.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 10:41:07 PM »
Lol, the Game may run Slow as you say but i doubt the amount of memory has Much to do with the "PING" the Ping is your connection responce time from your computer to your Internet provider and then back to their game server, primarily the PING is controlled by What type of Internet you have, and how many "Hops" the data stream it has to make from network to network to get from your computer to the game server.

If you only have Dial up internet, then Usualy your ping will be around 350-500 NO MATTER HOW GOOD or BAD your computer is.

Most games Since 2003 need a 300 Ping or Less to Function in a NON LAG playability, as the games only get more complex and have to send more data back and fourth it only becomes More inportant to have a High amount of KB bandwidth and "un" High Speed Internet. but again PING has nothing to do with Hard ware...

next time you play wow Select a out of Region Server and see if you can connect to a Japanese WOW server and activly play on it without Lag.

technically for the most part a 64 meg Graphics card can kinda get you by, but the defining difference in the Most current Graphics cards is that they not only have 256-512 Megs of memory but it is of the fastesr make of memorry say DDR, DDR2 & DDR3 the latest...
also THESE graphics cards have CPU processors of their own and with todays video games if your graphics card does not have its own CPU you will still be able to play the game but on LOW Detail only, if you want the High resolution High detail and everything the game was meant to be Looking better then ANY CURRENT 360 & PS3 game you need a Geforce 8500 or better All these graphics cards have 400-800 MHZ processors of their own to handle Graphics and only graphics Along side of the computer processor in their its insane what i have, i have a GEFORCE 8600 GT and it has 256 Megs DDR3 memory and a 500 MHZ processor it auto detected HL2 the orange box with the Highest Resolution 1280x1024 and all on Highest Detail and let me tell you the graphics are INSANE i never had seen anything like it, Same with wow, i have 1024X768 Res on wow with all Details Maxed out and it is SMOOTH with 70 FPS [jive] prior to putting in the card i did not even achieve 70 FPS with all details on LOW and 640x480 resolution :P
it would be, Start Run "dxdiag"

and that would just tell me your graphics card Make and Modle and version of direct X

now that information would be useful.

you Say its a Hewit packard, On the Side or back of the Computer it should have a hewit packard Serial Code and MODEL #, Punching in the Model # on the Hewit Packard webpage will Give you Full Computer Specs
Including the Brand and make and Model of the Mother board
Brand make and Model of the Processor,
Graphics card, Amount and Type of memmory
now you can get this information from your computer, but how to do that will depend on what Operating System you have, Is it Win 98, Win ME, Win 2000, Windows Xp or Windows Vista?

Hope to be able to help sooner or Later your Computer Expert master [tkoold] [bun] [sailor]

now that im thinking about it, For the most part you should get some of your system information from
Start, Settings, Control Panel, System. but im Still Getting Accustomed to XP & Vista so it may vary a little from that.
Every 5 years!?

Son if you didnt Buy the HOTTEST Computer that ever existed 5 years ago it usualy pans out to be 2-3, and its been Like this since the dawn of computers, but i could try to help you more if you tell me Your computer Details

Processor Make and SPEED
Memmory Type and how much
Graphics card make & model and amount of memory
Mother board Make & Model # if you open your computer case and read it (usualy between the PCI slots)

once you tell me this information i can Help you do anything Like tell you what you need to buy and or Find the latest updated Drivers for all of your computer components depending on what you have it is possible to fix your program Loading issues with the latest Video Drivers and latest version of direct X.
yeah you need a DAMN good computer for alot of these modern PC games

and the graphics card is more inportant than the CPU speed, Lately you need a GEFORCE 6800 or better,

myself for my compaq i want a GEFORCE 8500, which only costs 130$ and will have 512 Megs of DDR2 ram and a 400 MHZ processor for a PCI express slot,

but lookin at all the system requirements for most PC games nowdays if you dont even have a Geforce 5200 FX with 256 MB DDR mem (70$) at best buy your gonna be like this on your comp [ms]

The good ol' [tkoold]!!

[kata]