4M4Life.com

Awakening of Time

Offline Soloxius

• H̻͡E̒ͤͦͨ C͐ͩ͗̚O̿Mͪ͊ͫ͊͌̓ͮĚS͌͗
Re: Awakening of Time
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2010, 04:40:20 AM »
Joey glanced at her hand as well, noting the soft glow seeping out from under it. His eyes widened as he turned to her. "Y-you're one too?" He chuckled to himself. "Heh heh, small world!"

"...would you mind traveling with me?"

He grinned, stood, and bowed. "Not at all! Joey Fontain, at your service, ma'am." He held out one hand far away from his body and snapped his fingers, a soft flame sprouting at his fingertips. "And um... apparently I'm the Holy One of Fire." The new light illuminated the scars covering the entire left side of his body...
15 Awesome Points and counting...

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*   Everyone  *`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2010, 04:51:57 AM »
     Smiling widely at his acceptance of her offer, Marissa sighed with relief. The sudden appearance of the flame surprised her, and she jumped a little in response. "O-oh...! I see! It's a pleasure to meet you, Joey." Her smile turns a little sad when she sees the scar tissue more clearly, but she does not mention this. Instead, she closes her eyes and focuses on small rocks and pebbles scattered about at their feet, raising them into the air, and making the first shape with them in the air that comes to her mind, a heart. Blushing a bit at the childish display, she directs the pebbles to swirl in a circle in the air in front of her, before letting them fall back to the ground. "My name is Marissa Kiefling... the Holy One of Earth, apparently."Holding her hand to him, she smiles softly. "It is an honor to consider you my traveling companion, mister Fontain."

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2010, 05:27:52 AM »
Joey bowed again. "The pleasure is all mine." He held out an arm for her to take. "Shall we?" He noticed her leg again. "...or perhaps you wouldn't mind if I carried you."

« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2010, 02:35:33 PM »
     Face burning red with embarrassment, Marissa shakes her head quickly. "N-no! No... Thank you for the offer b-but... I couldn't bring myself to subject you to that. It's something that isn't going to go away so... I have to get used to it, you know?" she asks with a smile, using her umbrella to stand slowly, closing her eyes when the shock of pain that courses through her leg makes her face go pale and her stomach roil. "Nnnh... O-okay.... let's be off." she says softly with a quivering voice, slipping her arm through his with a small smile.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »
Joey nodded solemnly at her, smiling softly. "Woah there, let's take it easy." He began walking slowly towards the gate, and through it...

« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
     Touched by his courtesy in taking a slower pace, she begins to focus on the motion of the pebbles in her brace again, taking a little while to adjust to the rhythm, before turning to look at him. "Hmm... May I perhaps call you Joey, sir?" she asks, smiling.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »
He c0cked an eyebrow at her. "Well of course you can! I wasn't expecting you to call me Mister Fontain..." He blushed for a moment. "It's too formal for me." They walked down the road towards Keigwin.

« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
     Marissa gives a soft sigh of relief at this. "I'm glad... I don't enjoy being overly formal... i-it's a little embarrassing. I just thought that maybe you'd feel better about it, since we've only just met. But... Joey... you um... your abilities..." She seems a little uncomfortable about something. "... Would it be too much to ask how you came to discover them?"

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
He shrugged. "I just woke up in the middle of the night and felt a burning sensation on my hand. Most people would only be marginally upset at this, but you gotta know my background for this." He gestured at the burn scars. "This happened the same night my mom and little sis died, our house burned down. So you can see why I'm not the happiest camper with my power to control fire..."

« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »
     Looking at his face with an expression of understanding, and then of sadness, Marissa nods. "Yes... yes, I can understand... And I'm very sorry that you had such an experience. To move on from that to become as kind as you seem... you must be very strong." She gives his arm a little squeeze, and looks back to him. "At the least... if you can control fire... then you can stop it from hurting others, right?" She seems to be attempting to offer him a 'bright side' view of the situation, though sounding a little unsure of herself.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Realization shined in Joey's eyes. He turned to her and grinned. "Hey, you're right! I have control over fire! I can make it beautiful... or make it go out! ...we're going to make a good team, methinks~" He sighed happily as they passed through the forest into Keigwin.

« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
     Smiling happily in response, she gives a small laugh. "I think so, too. Though... I... I hope that I can be of use... m-making little hills in the ground and making pebbles move around seems pretty silly, to me." she says with a blush. "I-in any case... I... I hope we get there quickly..." She winces a little as her right leg trembles in its brace. 'I hope this is not a serious mistake... fate has a sick sense of humor, it seems. How am I supposed to get anywhere with the kind of urgency necessary if I'm hobbling around at this pace?'

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
Joey stopped just outside the gate to Keigwin. "Seriously, I can carry you if you want. It would be my pleasure, miss Marissa."

« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
     Marissa bites the inside of her lips for a moment, considering it.

'I can't let the poor guy go lugging me around...! Who knows what kind of strain that'd be on his back and legs... even my bag... it's full of r-- wait a minute.' Focusing on the rocks inside of her bag, she closes her eyes and imagines them lifting. The weight of her bag feels as though it was disappearing as the collection of stones within it float upward, tugging at the bag. The concentration strains her mind, but she nods a little to herself, letting the rocks settle again. 'I cannot deny that my pace is insufficient... and if he wants to carry me, then I suppose I should let him... at the least I can concentrate on keeping my bag as weightless as I can so that he doesn't need to carry so much weight... if it really bothers his muscles, I can always give him a massage later, right?'

Nodding to Joey, she looks bashfully at him. "I... I'm sorry but... if you could, I would be very grateful. I wouldn't ask you to push yourself, though, if you get too tired, please take a rest at any time and... and if it's a real strain... I can massage your back and l-legs for you..." She looks down at her brace. "... probably one of the more useful things I learned from this..."

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
Joey nodded, grinning. "That sounds like fun~" He braced her back, leaning down to her legs, and picked them up with a grunt. "Heh, you're a little lighter than I thought! ...not saying anything about your weight.." He blushed a little at the close proximity. He walked in silence for a while, until they reached the first of the buildings in Keigwin, the sun just starting to come up.

He spotted a bench nearby and sat, still holding Marissa in his arms.

« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »
     Gasping a little at his strength when he lifts her, Marissa smiles at him, and commences to focus on lifting the rocks in her bag. Focusing on it the entire time exhausts her mentally, and leaves her unable to say much. When at last Joey decides to rest, she allows her mind to relax, the bag falling to the bench beside them while she closes her eyes. "Th-thank you...." she murmurs quietly, before fading into unconsciousness, resting deeply in mere minutes.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
Joey noted her deep sleeping breaths and decided not to ask if she was alright, merely placing her on the bench next to him, and her head on his shoulder. This would look normal... and would be more comfortable as he too rested.

« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
     Marissa makes a few soft sounds as he moves her, though her body remains limp. She lays against his shoulder without an issue, her body snuggling up to his side comfortably as she rests.

In her dream, the world around her is completely dark. A feminine figure stands before her, skin glowing a dull tan color. Lips of brilliant red come closer to her face, pressing against her own, startling her. A sensation of belonging, of acceptance washes over her, and her lips continue to meet with the soft caress of this other woman's.

Outside of her dream, Marissa's head is tilted and turned a little, and her lips meet repeatedly with the side of Joey's neck, little sighs of contentment slipping from her lips now and again. It had been perhaps five hours since she'd fallen asleep.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »
Joey woke several hours later, feeling an odd sensation touching his neck. He turned slightly, realizing Marissa was kissing his neck softly. He blushed hot red, but didn't realize she was still dreaming, and thus turned his head to meet her lips with his, pressing them softly against hers.

« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
     Feeling the sensation on her lips change, Marissa slowly came to, her body still reacting and kissing, until her eyes opened and focused. For a long moment, she froze, her brain stopping, unable to comprehend the situation. Finally, she raises her head, looking around her, and down at herself. Giving her left thigh a pinch, she winced and blushed intensely, looking at Joey. "I... am.... so sorry..." she says quietly, mind still wrapping around the position she was in.