4M4Life.com

News Update: Vanilla Icecream Tastes Like Vanilla!

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
News Update: Vanilla Icecream Tastes Like Vanilla!
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:06:43 AM »
Okay, well Pryce already hear me wonderful person to him, but I am still a little irritated, and I am going to vent here... Feel free to comment on the idocracy of america; we are truly becoming one moronic country. My original post was about 1100 words, so I cut it down a little... To spare you guys... haha... if you even read the whole thing, not that a care if you do or don't, I am just venting...

Went to Jersey, visited the beach, rents got drunk, couldnt drive home or afford motel, I paid instead, went into the motel in my bikini, got the biggest room available for about $80, and slept crappily. Got home late, had sand in places sand had no business being, and went to work a half hour late, without even getting a chance to shower.

Here is where the frustrating part comes in.... Rude customers... Never in my life has anyone EVER complained to my bosses about me, in fact I found out today, people went right up to my bosses to say how wonderful and friendly and polite I am... I'm great with the kids, whenever I see them cry I feel so bad, I give them my tips to go play in the arcade and to cheer up a little.

I was to get ice cream for these two women and their children. The one woman offered to pay for it all, and since the order was huge, I kept track of it on my note pad, as waitresses do... Well, when it comes time to pay, the woman decides she will pay for her own kids... Now I don't know whose kids are whose and who ordered what... She got angry at me for the confusion.

Then, she tells me my ice cream scoops are too small compared to the other scoops, and points out a double scoop and compared it to her single scoop. I pointed out the fact that he was paying for a more expensive double scoop, and she argued with me, so I had to ask my coworker, and have her explain to this woman that we are all trained for like a month to scoop the exact same amount.

Then her daughter asks for the "rainbow" ice cream. So I am like "Rainbow sherbet?" and she is like "No, this rainbow one!" and I was like "That's crazy vanilla, are you sure that's what you want?" and the mom was like "That's what she said she wants!" so I make the scoop, give it to the kid, she eats about 1/3 of it, then says she doesn't like it, because it tastes like "nothing". Now, I assumed when I told her that it was crazy vanilla, she would get the point that the colorful ice cream called crazy vanilla, is just vanilla ice cream with crazy colors. But, I guess people are a little too dumb to figure such things out, even though we have all the flavors and what they have in them labeled and noticeable.

When she tried to exchange it, I had to get my boss, who told her it was a no go.

She insulted my boss, everything cooled down, and then I am told to go work prizes. It is when her sweet precious little girl comes to get a 1000 point toy with only 300 tickets that the night for Addy starts becoming really really infuriating.

She comes up to me and tells me "not to ruin her night, it's her birthday" and when I told her that I was only doing my job, she replied, and this is the most infuriating thing I've ever been told at work: "No, I am the boss, I am the customer, she is the customer and YOUR job is to keep US happy, and since we aren't happy, you're not doing ur job..." I hate violence, but this is when I was grinding my teeth sitting there thinking in my head, 'You [cen] ing wonderful person... You better book it out that door real fast before sweet little Addy starts becoming a little less sweet...' And my coworker saw the look on my face and told me to go get a drink and she'd take it from there.

Then this same woman has the audacity to go to my boss and complain about me, then twist the story around to make it seem like I was being rude and making her child upset. I NEVER UPSET CHILDREN! Hell, I go to the beach and instead of hanging out with this REALLY hot guy that was hitting on me, I hung out with a 6 year old little boy because his sister wouldn't build a sand castle with him and it made him cry. Like really now, then the next day I spent my day with a 9 year old girl at the beach because I was looking for sand crabs to show my little brother, and she wanted to help dig with me... Like, I am not a mean person, especially not to little kids!

Then they brought me into the office, my bosses, to talk to me. Now this scared me, because I came in late and a customer complained to me. I was nearly in tears because this sorta thing had never ever ever happened to me and I was already stressed from the weekend, and things at home, and my stomach has been acting up, and my older brother getting mixed up with drugs and all that, and all the other things I worry about... I thought I lost my job on top of it all!

Thankfully, my one boss (I have two, husband and wife, this one is the guy) was like "I watch  you all the time, you do your job very professionally, you are always really polite, always do all you can do to help, you strike up conversation with everyone, which makes them feel very comfortable and given the attention people like to get, and it just astounded me that the complaint was about you of all people." and then I was told that they understood rude customers and that I was off the hook, they just wanted to know what really went on, instead of whatever the customer told them.

And if any of you read that WHOLE thing... well then... I love you... Most people wouldn't waste their time listening to me complain about my night, I jut really really needed to vent.... soooo

I feel better now...

Holy crap, I need better summarizing skillz...
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: News Update: Vanilla Icecream Tastes Like Vanilla!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »
i hate your job, this is why i work from home
dealing with people in jobs like that is always sucky
hopefully by the end of the day you got to take a shower and get rid of the sand in your armpits  [cowb]

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
I hate people who act like that. I had this one lady file a complaint against me once because she decided she wanted a refund on her ham.

She orders 2lbs of brown-sugar and molasses ham, and I warn her that it's really really sweet and that she may want to try a peice before she buys it. She's like, "Nah, that's fine." So I slice off a peice and ask if it's thin enough, she says yeah, I try again to get her to take a sample, she says, "No, it's okay, darling." I finish slicing and give it to, have a good day, all that stuff. About ten minutes later she goes up to my manager complaining that I cut the meat wrong and demanded a refund. She couldn't produce a receipt so he told her that I could cut her another two pounds the way she wanted it. She got angry and reported us both to the head manager of the store. By that time she was able to come up with the receipt (fancy that) and got double the refund (that's the store policy on fresh foods). we later weighed the package and it was missing about a pound from it. The  [cen] ing  [cen] er.

Anyways, long story short, I know how you feel. I've seen people do similar things over at the arcade/foodcourt at our mall. The world is full of idiotic vampiric scum that live on the woes of others. That's life, I reckon.

As for your lady, I would have scratched her eyes out.  :furrysmiley069fn:

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:12:15 PM »
I'm a people person who hates the shopping people.

On my first day at the coffee shop, this man (who looks like the villain from Lethal Weapon) asked for coffee and a bagel. Now I didn't know this at the time, but the toaster in the coffee shop is slow as hell. I was having the bagel toasted and the man came up again and said "What are we waiting for?" and I said "sir, this toaster is just slow. Please be patient." The guy walked back to a table in quiet anger. The bagel was finally done and I brought it to the guy, saying "sorry for the trouble sir" and he grumpily "you dont have to call me sir."

Later that day, a woman came up with a purse and said "I think somebody left this here. Do you think you could search through it for some ID?" I told her that I don't think I should since I'll get arrested and that she should take it to the front desk (the shop is in Giant). She got mad and said I should look anyway, but I was persistent in telling her she should bring it to front desk. She storms off to the front desk, pissed at me. I look at her daughter and I think we felt the same way. People...
Awesome Points: 585

http://wesker.flashcartoons.org

********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)********
*****`·.¸.·´*Minor Threat*`·¸.´*****
*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »
People are assholes. I nearly got in a fight with some short d1ckface from Starbucks because he ran into me and spilled coffee on his "nice" (Probably $30 shoes from Walmart) shoes. He proceeded to yell at me and tell me how I 'got in his way', when I was standing in line, waiting for service for a coffee. I apologized as if nothing happened and turned away, because the line was moving and people were staring. The f@ggot then decided it was nice to say how 'teenagers should be kept on a leash' and 'always get in the way', getting back in front of me. He was spitting as he talked. I wiped the spit off my glasses and politely asked the man to 'get out of my face, please or else things will get ugly'. Now, apparently, this man thought he was tough and grabbed my shirt. I grabbed his throat, to his surprise. Thankfully the manager saw and heard the whole thing and got between us. I thought he was going to yell at me, but instead turned away from me and ordered the man out of the store or he was going to call the police. He apologized to me and asked me if I was alright. I was perfectly fine. He said the most sensible thing anyone had said to me that day, "Hey, there's a bunch of assholes out there; just none in my store."

I left, and he told me to stay out of trouble. I flipped off a few idiots who looked at me funny on the way out. Pricks.

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 04:58:29 PM »
woohoo!  [cen] the establishment! Let's all wonderful person about why our jobs suck....

Actually, I love my job.... but recently a few jerks have come to our little place expecting us to kiss their asses.... and I can't do that, and really, I don't let people walk all over me anymore...
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 08:17:02 PM »
tell me about it. I have to deal with lots of yuppies at the coffee shop.

Today I was at my post when a tall yuppie and his short wife with glasses and a baby came up and the man ordered a medium hot chocolate. The wife, however, has to  [cen] ing question my job and says "I have a question. Why is it that the small Iced Cafe Latte is the same price as the medium hot Cafe Latte?" I replied "they're both the same size. We don't have a medium iced Latte," so she says "that's interesting" like she's goddamn particularly dissatisfied with the sales method. She orders an Iced Cafe Latte and her husband pays for it; the total was $6.56 but I accidentally said $6.53 instead.

The man pulls out his bills and looks confused when he prepares $7.00 and takes odd glances at the price. I say "oh sorry, I meant $6.56--I accidentally $6.53" and he looks at me dissatisfied. I said "it's only a 3 cent difference" and he retorts "actually its 7 cents" and I replied "no, 3 cents--I said $6.53 when I meant $6.56" and he just hands me the bills. I do the math and give him his change and he leaves all pissed off like he just found gum on his shoe.

Yuppie stooges.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
lol my customers were my favorite thing about my job before I quit. I would have loads of conversations about them, where they worked, their hobbies, kids, etc. There were a few dogs that I'd play fetch with haha. Got a lot of life lessons and some furniture and loads of soda. My customers were the only part I was sad about when I quit.

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
dewd wesker,...  those people suck... I compliment my customers a lot, like sometimes girls come in and they have really pretty eyes and i feel compelled to tell them that... or i love the babies, and i always tell the parents how beautiful their kids are... and guys are typically easy to get on their good side =P Plus I love talking to people and striking conversation, So I usually never have a problem with a customer, unless they are just wonderful persones through and through. Haha.... but yeah you get people like that....

Makes you irritated....
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 11:36:47 PM »
ya usually if it's a guy I can strike a small conversation with him, and usually a girl who works at the cash registers up front will swing by and talk to me, usually it ends up being a redhead who reads Fruits Basket. Then there's paige... [asia]

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:43:05 AM »
... but do the snozzberries tase like snozzberries?

My brain pattern set does not make a reply is still more work to be mean?Are you saying we define ourselves through our interactions and expectations of individuals and think this board and it is harmless, cheesy fun in the second girl who has done that has any comments on like knights of the prisoner in which you have, or are at the same in spirit. But i'm staying here for semantics.

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
Yes. Yes they do.

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »
I do wish that I could really tell those customers off without losing my job. I don't go to where they work and knock the wang out of their ass!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 01:30:13 AM »
I don't have the heart to do that to anyone any way... usually, if they do something to REALLY set me off, hit on one of my peeves or something... maybe... I try to keep rational..

ANYWAY! AMAZING NITE TONITE! I worked late on the 4th of July, but I don't care, because these two women came in with a few kids, and I just did what I normally do, and I guess I really impressed her, with how well I worked with both them and their kids, because when I was rining them up, my boss was standing there behind me checking over the lobby/dining area. She looked at him and was like "Excuse me, are you the owner?"

And he was like "Yes, me and my wife own the place, is there a problem?"

And she was like "Oh no! I just wanted to tell you what a great worker she is, she is so polite and easy to talk to, and she is great with the kids."

And he was laughing and went "Well I can't take the credit for this one, my wife was actually the one to hire her!"

And my other boss came over, and this woman was like "She is so great with kids, my friend who is with me actually is a child psychologist, and picked up on how naturally nurturing she is and how great she was with them." She must have spent like 15 to 20 minutes just telling them how good I was with serving them and everything... Pretty amazing night =]

I had a lot of great customers in tonite, very polite and easy to work with... the only weird one was some old guy, who was REALLY grumpy and when i gave him is ice cream to go he was walking away from me pointing at me with this REALLY angry expression going "We're even now! You heard me?! We're even!" and I didn't know what he was talking about... I think maybe he was senile or had something wrong with him, and maybe I reminded him of someone he used to know, or something? I don't know...
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 03:59:04 AM »
Yay! ^.^ Karma llikes me tonite!

o.o you know... I didn't actually think of that... like... karma... usually works with bad things happening to bad people, and good things happening to good people... I never took into considerations that maybe there was more to karma and that, further more, good things happen to people who endure bad situations they were undeserving of, as a sort of compensation.

0.0 revelation...
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 05:01:16 AM »
YAY KARMA! Yeah... I think of all things, I mostly believe in karma... and the butterfly effect, but... ehh... Not too many ppl agree with that theory...

Just as a reference to anyone who cares-
As defined by Merriam-Webster, the butterfly effect is "a property of chaotic systems (as the atmosphere) by which small changes in initial conditions can lead to large-scale and unpredictable variation in the future state of the system"
That definition doesn't thoroughly describe it, so the most common example of it, as well as the origins of the name of the theory, is: "The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that may ultimately alter the path of a tornado or delay, accelerate or even prevent the occurrence of a tornado in a certain location. The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale alterations of events. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different. While the butterfly does not cause the tornado, the flap of its wings is an essential part of the initial conditions resulting in a tornado." (<- that one came from wikipedia, but I know the theory well enough to know that is a very accurate explanation of it) i would have explained it using my own words, but I'm a lil lazy tonite, plus I don't think I would have worded it quite as well...
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
Usually I'm great with costumers at the cafe who want to give me tips, but company policy states that I can't take 'em.

Today, however, was so irritating with the many yuppies I had to serve, including a nasal-voiced school teacher who just had her fourth child. This woman asked for a large coffee and an untoasted cream cheese bagel, which got kinda squished in the guillotine. Her mother asked for "black tea with alittle ice and lemon" so I got out a teabag because black tea is usually hot tea, but then she's like "oh no, sir, ICED black tea with alittle ice and lemon!" So I got her plain iced tea with a lemon slice and THREE ice cubes since she said "a little ice." My co-worker Barb comes to relieve me for lunch break and the old woman tells her "theres no ice in this!" so Barb gets her a cup full of ice and the schoolteacher says her coffee has grounds in it, so I had to get a new f**king pot of coffee prepared and I then went on my break and had a ham wrap. Sometimes I just hate people.

Other than that everything was honky-dory.

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »
Actually, Mister Wesker, the reason you can't accept tips, as an American citizen, is because the Fair Labor Standards Act claiming if you work a job where you are given tips, minimum wage can be as low as $2.13. Tips are typically considered wages, so you can pay less than minimum wage to anyone earning tips. If you were to start accepting tips, your wages would drop.

Now, that law also states, that if minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, isn't earned, the employer must compensate for the money so that the employee makes at least minimum wage. As a waitress I learned are this handy dandy stuff, that is why my employer can pay me $4 and hour and get away with it. But, I also get a lot of tips and typically make over minimum wage anyway. =]
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 04:13:21 AM »
i was paid $14 an hour and accepted tips :P

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 04:16:45 AM »
Uhh.. Were you supposed to? Or did you just take em even tho you weren't supposed to? Some employers will pay reasonable wages even with the employee earning tips..

I want Ssips...
10 Luffle Points~!