4M4Life.com

Cars 2 Review From TkoolD *no unknown spoiler really In my opinion

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Cars is a classic Pixar Franchise that was the building ground of a proving point that Pixar was no Fluke and that Toy story Would not be the only sucessfull franchise that they could sucessfully write about.

So after a Long long time of making many (and i mean Many) other Original themed movies and then making 2 Other toy story movies Since cars, One would wonder just how the Cars Series would be moved forward and if it would Hold up to the Pixar Legacy.

First Off your Bonus For seeing the movie in theaters (as there is not a 100% guaruntee that it will be included in the DVD) is that Pixar Liked to prove that A: they have free time to do other things while they make full production movies and that B: they likely are not Done with Toy Story or want to give off the impression that if so inclined they can always Make more Toy story movies and Skits and they can always make them funny Just when you think youve seen and heard all the possible personalitys and attitueds from Any Toy in Existance.

Anyways After the Previews you are treated to a 10 Minute 3D short Called "Toy Story Hawiian Vacation"
and in this short the New Childs Family from 3rd Toy story movie goes on Vacation to Hawii and Ken and Barbie were Hoping to be able to Sneak their way into the kids travel bag's and get a Romantic first kiss in Hawaii
when Ken and barbie go in the kids school bag they realize they wernt taken and instead left in the room with all the well known Toys from the 3rd Movie Of course leaving Buzz Woody potatoe head and all the other main group to do as much as possible to make them feel like they are in hawaii.

Through doing so there are Lots of funny jokes along the lines of Kens Dating advice and you learn more Silly kwirks of the main Group and Ken and barbie, you also see more background cameos from other pixar movies and hints at future movies.

All and all i give the Bonus Skit a "B" not perfict but certainly it is a Good attempt at more Toy story drama and humor.

OK So Now to the Movie Cars 2 Itself After your 20 Minutes Into the Movie you actually realize 1 thing that even if told catches you off Guard, and it is this That for the first time Ever Pixar Has an Intresting problem to Attempt to overcome that in all of its other movies has never had to do And that is Deflect Attention From Lightning mcqueen and thats because Hes Already a progressed Complete carecter and they decided rather than doing a Really hard job in somehow building more on him, they sorta did the right thing and leaving him the Complete carecter you knew from the Guy at the end of Cars and having to make the movie More of a Movie About Mater and making Lightning Mcqueen Main Carecter B.

I will say when checking all reviews from professional to other Bloggers you get either one opinion or the other about this Decission you are either Going "Hey the movies alright Whats the Mater with what they Did?"
Or you are rather dissapointed that a Cars Movie is Made that dont get me wrong Mcqueen is in and well featured, but he is not featured as the Main Main hero and while the main plot goes through Mcqueen the Plots Heroisim is not from or about him.

Ok So Onto the Spy theme which is Honestly All you get from the Preiviews, And i will Say the Movie Previews Do not do Justice to What the movie Story actually is, (in fact i think the way they previewed the movie they wanted to hide the Mater Decision) anyways the way the Spy theme gets worked into the cars series is Cute and clever it works out Un-forced and Mcqueen is Lucky Mater is a Neieve Idiot and accidentally drawn into they undercover spy work or MCqueen would be toast even if he wont find that out till the end of the movie.

and that is where the Previews TOTALLY mislead you to what the movie is, in my opinion the previews give you the impression that Mcqueen, the italian F1 Race car and the 2 Other Spy cars are all working together and some how through racing would be bringing down a Spy boss and would work like a James bond racing movie.

None of this is the case other than it does work out like a James Bond Racing movie Only with Mater and the 2 other new Spy cars doing the Spy work and all other known carecters being left in the dark Doing a Side Racing show where they potentially are the victims that can be destroyed.

So in my Grade for Overall Story Vs what Pixar really had to do when thinking about Lightning Mcqueen not really having more to progress as a Carecter i Find that Pixar did A+ Work that equated to a C+ story... kinda a shame its not an aweful movie it was worth seeing it is Certainly entertaining Filled with all the great jokes and extra side things that all pixar Films have but pixar ran into the problem of OOPS we solved everything for our most Popular carecter what to do what to do...

Also Like all Pixar Films this Movie Has its Own Original Side theme of what the movie really becomes about and this One is About FriendShip vaule and Trust, not horrible but again its where youll find Mater Becomes the carecter that learns and Grows and that Mcqueen is already an improved carecter who doesent have more to build on.

OK So now onto the Overall Graphics and Disney 3D effects, DISNEY 3D is certainly a Must choose for this film its Styled 3D is Awesome for the fast action racing scenes throughout this film, i think the 3D choice is way better than most of the other 3D pixar films Cars as a series Certainly works Well for Disney 3D even Better in my opinion that how disney 3D worked for Toy Story 3 in fact if you feel dismayed about Mater or how the story workes out you are redeamed to a A+ 3D constant fast action eye poping entertaining graphical experience.
i cannot express that enough there was never a moment where i was not impressed to the Aweinspiring 3D computer art work and what popped out to you and how many 3D layers popped out at you at one time to always make a Distance layerd feel realalistic i would say you would always find 5-10 Layers of what pops out to you and different distances and always utalizing the 3D, thats somthing i cannot Say A about all the other pixar 3D movies, and Certainly Other 3D Movie making companies Certainly Not shrek.

So with everything Involved i Give the movie a Solid B , go see the movie its a Marvel graphics show still a Great Story Just go with the Flow and you will be entertained and Feel Great!

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: Cars 2 Review From TkoolD *no unknown spoiler really In my opinion
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »
Wow, i feel like watching it for the Toy Story short. That sounds great!