4M4Life.com

Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:51:32 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/27/sony.playstation.hack.reaction/index.html?hpt=T2

" a hack of its online system that compromised users' personal data possibly including credit card information."

Kinjo Note: This is what steams me... We have so many gadgets and do dads, that connect to the internet and want your personal info.

All new phones, xbox, ps3s, wii, blu ray players, how do we know the programmers who made the software for each of these made it secure, well now we know even sony is not immune. Not to mention every different brand coming out with their own blu ray players software, phone softwares etc.

i can see one day, light bulbs needing credit card information or some type of money exchange over a network, and that being hacked, then someone is turning on your lights in russia

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: Gamers fuming over PlayStation hack
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
I've been following this shit for a while now.

People have known that Sony's customer data has been unencrypted for the past two months or longer.

All the information on people's personal data and CC numbers were in plain text and easily obtainable, I guess there weren't any problems because hackers just assumed that Sony protected their shit, so why bother. That is until someone tried...

It was also revealed a while ago that Sony illegally gathers a lot of strange information of their customers, such as make and model of the connected Tvs, HDMI cable manufacturers, logs information about USB devices inserted in the PS3, any cell phone information if it is charged thru the PS3 cord, AS WELL AS LOGGING ALL CHAT MESSAGES IN REAL TIME...

Turns out they didn't offer privacy at all, actually they were actively pooling information from their users, without encrypting their results...

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
reminds me of that movie The Net with Sandra Bullock

glad i didn't jump on the ps3 bandwagon

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 04:53:17 AM »
I've alwasy wnated Sega to maek a systems

[kata]

Offline Famardy

• Sticky Fingers
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 02:45:34 AM »
Well it looks that this might be the end for Sony's gaming business.

SSB Brawl Code: 0646-3158-1452

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 08:07:24 AM »
Its really embarrassing and their stock is going down a whole lot, but I doubt they will pull out of the console market over this.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »
i sure hope they stop, they are thief's and lyers!