Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Spice and Wolf
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »
I was bored so guess what time it is.

Title: Spice and Wolf

Genre(s): Fantasy, Economic(lol wut?), Romance

Genreral Info: The peddler Lawrence Craft travels through the world selling all kinds of things. After visiting a village he discovers a sleeping girl under the hay. She has wolf ears and a tail. The wolf girl explains that she has been called a "God" but her name really is Holo and nothing else. Lawrence teases the girl a little, but after hearing more of her story is moved and decides to accompany her further north. On their travels the two have all sorts of adventures & often get into trouble but slowly the bond between them grows stronger.

Number of Episodes: 13
Original Run: Jan 8, 2008 to May 30, 2008

Sequel: Spice and Wolf II
Number of Episodes: 13
Original Run: Jul 8, 2009 to Sep 23, 2009

Characters:

Craft Lawrence: Craft Lawrence, who chiefly goes by his surname, is a twenty-five-year-old traveling peddler who goes from town to town buying and selling various things in order to make a living. When he was twelve, he became an apprentice to a merchant relative, and set out on his own at eighteen. His goal in life is to gather enough money to start his own shop, and he has already been traveling for seven years while gaining experience in the trade. He meets Holo one night and eventually agrees to her traveling with him. She helps him by providing her wisdom which helps to increase his profits and get him out of jams.

Holo: Holo is a wolf god of harvest originally from a land in the north known as Yoitsu. She made a promise with men from a town called Pasroe where she would ensure the town would have good wheat harvests year after year. However, as time went on, the townspeople slowly started to forsake Holo and did not rely on her like they used to. As such, Holo escapes from town to Lawrence's wagon and starts traveling with him to see how much the world has changed since she has been in Pasroe. Holo has chosen the form of a fifteen-year-old girl, though she still retains her large white-tipped wolf tail, and ears. Her true form is that of a very large wolf which many people revered and feared.

She refers to herself as the "Wise Wolf of Yoitsu" (ヨイツの賢狼). She is typically very haughty and self-sufficient, though due to her isolation for hundreds of years in Pasroe, she came to feel very lonely, and sometimes shows a more fragile side of her. She has a peculiar way of speaking, modeled after the oiran high-class courtesans. She is fond of delicious food and alcohol, though especially loves apples. She takes pride in her tail and takes special care of it, constantly combing and maintaining it.

Opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWhovYVmDM&feature=related[/youtube]

My Review: Spice and Wolf is a rarity in the anime world, a fantasy anime without swords or magic etc. This anime is one with a lot of dialouge and a deep story. Unlike most romance animes (which this one is to a very low degree) the characters are not just thrown into situations with a few kisses here and there, their relationship starts slow and builds slow. Overall a great anime with a great story, though the lack of action may dissuade some from watching it (it in no way did for me)

My Rating: 4.5/5
Apples on the Witches Tree: 7
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Spice and Wolf
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:18:13 PM »
Atnoher gerat aimne rievew, Pryce! ^^

I like the opening song... o.o

Seems like a good anime =] awesome job, as always!

[heart]
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Spice and Wolf
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:09:14 AM »
Wow Sounds like an anime i would Love and she Looks Hawt!!!