4M4Life.com

20% of teens say they've put nude pics of themselves online

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
20% of teens say they've put nude pics of themselves online
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:21:12 PM »
What good would technology be if people weren't constantly using it to send naked pictures of themselves to each other? I would know, too—since the age of 12, my inbox has been filled with inappropriate photos of people whether I wanted to see them or not (in fact, there might be some in there right now). Like most tech trends, however, the oft-inadvisable act of sending nude photos to people on the Internet is being adopted en masse by young Internet users, with fairly large numbers of teenagers posting them online or—even worse—sending them to people they don't even know.

Kids in Europe justify piracy: "Papa pirates, so I do, too"
A survey of 1,280 teenagers (users age 13-19) and young adults (age 20-26) conducted by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy and CosmoGirl.com has revealed that one out of five (20 percent) teens overall have posted nude photos or video of themselves on the Internet—that number goes up to a third when young adults are included. While 71 percent of teen girls and 67 percent of teen guys who have sent these photos say they've sent them to a boyfriend or girlfriend, 15 percent overall said they've sent nude photos to people they only "knew" online. For women, that percentage stays the same when they turn into young adults, although the percentage of young adult men goes up to 23 percent.

This is, of course, despite the fact that almost three quarters of all teens and young adults surveyed say that sending sexually-suggestive content "can have serious negative consequences." Clearly, this is an issue of "do as I say, not as I do." And don't for a minute think that your sexy recipient is necessarily keeping your photos private—a quarter of teen girls and a third of teen boys said that they've had nude images originally meant for someone else shared with them. Perhaps unsurprisingly (to me, anyway), that number stays about the same for young adult women, but 40 percent of young adult men say they've had images meant for someone else shared with them. Nothing, especially on the Internet, is sacred.

The organizations offer a handful of advice to young people to consider, such as the fact that nothing is truly anonymous, and there's no changing your mind after posting something online. Never, ever assume anything you post or send will remain private, and don't give into pressure to do something you're not comfortable doing, says the report. Of course, these are all mantras that most Internet users—young and old—already know, but that hasn't stopped most people from making poor decisions when it comes to putting questionable content online. As a number of young adults have already discovered, having unprofessional materials about you floating around online can hurt your chances of getting (or keeping) a job.

Maybe we should all take a step back from that iPhone camera for a minute and think before hitting that "send" button. No one's bare butt is that interesting anyway.

Source: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...es-online.html

What does everyone think about this? Besides tkoold

Offline johnny

Re: 20% of teens say they've put nude pics of themselves online
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »
Well about 85% of people have the cliche idea that the internet is only good for pron. Of course theres always real life physical intimacy but meh maybe I'm just behind in the times. I guess its just easier to rub one out seeing a picture of someone you don't know than actually having a relationship.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »
Funny stuff people can get it done online so why not do it online?
Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »
Kids get expelled all the time for it. also, once its on the internet its on there FOREVER.

[kata]

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »
Well about 85% of people have the cliche idea that the internet is only good for pron. Of course theres always real life physical intimacy but meh maybe I'm just behind in the times. I guess its just easier to rub one out seeing a picture of someone you don't know than actually having a relationship.

Sadly, you know, I think the number was 94.6% of all internet websites are pron, or are in some affiliation with it.

S3x sells and the whole world is buying. Lol. Even if it's free, people still want it. I'll safely say I've never put naked pictures of myself online... Mostly because that's just retarded. (Thanks FW, it's true: Once it's on the internet, it's up until the world servers crash and every website is deleted.)

I'm not gonna lie. Tons of girls have sent me pictures of themselves (Or Webcamed me) naked. I knew this was a problem long ago. The sad thing is: It's too easy. Anyone could lie and get like 5-6 pictures of themselves (Normal ones) and say they're like... I dunno, 16, rich, good-looking, blah blah, and score tons of insecure internet babes. A friend of mine (Who's a girl) told me that when she does things online with her boyfriend (She's in a different college as him, and they've been high school sweethearts since like 10th grade) that it's "Almost like phone s3x, only better." Now, this kind of strikes me as odd... because doing stuff like that on the internet/phone is kind of taboo in society today. Then again, it's also taboo to do it in the first place when you're underage.

I don't know. The whole thing is a little strange to me. If a girl wants to expose herself over the internet, great. But she should at least be warned as to what she's doing. Or simply don't put your face on it, at least.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
I say we ruin the lives of as many girls as possible to get them to be less slutty.

[kata]

Offline black death

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
I can safely say i have never put pictures of myself naked on the internet! in fact ive only put about 5 pictures of myself on the internet, probably less.
Awesome points: 100
[refle]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2449/sig1kq3.png[/refle]

Cewt Addy Bunny 6:08 pm
    o.o
    you could whore yourself out

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »
Now why am i excluded from this convo!? KINJO YOU A$$Whole

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
 [ncandy]

Offline black death

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 05:47:45 PM »
Cuz you might say somthing dirty, actually you most likely will.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »
I should get screenshots of chicks (Of Legal Age) who webcam me and shit. :o LOL.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »
I could... That would be decent money. ROFL.

Offline black death

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
*sees it on ebay*

CHKZ NAKED. PICTURES 99% LEGAL.   100$ buy now   25$ bid.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
Yep. Pretty much. ;D

Offline black death

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
srsly? i doubt anyone will buy em for THAT price.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
not to mention when they can webcam for free, or just get pictures off the internet.
Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »
My god.

Offline black death

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »
NO, MY GOD.