4M4Life.com

Pryce's Anime Review: Clannad

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Clannad
« on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
If anyone has requests for a review PM me.

Title: Clannad

Genre(s): Romance, Drama, Comedy, School Life

General info: Tomoya is labelled as a delinquent at his school because he is constantly late and skips classes, but he seems to have little care about how others perceive of him. Everything in his life seemed dull and unchanging until one morning he meets Nagisa Furukawa on the road to his school; he finds her muttering to herself to give her more motivation for the day. She has an odd habit of saying the names of foods she is going to eat to encourage herself. Nagisa has been sick for almost a year last year and subsequently has to repeat her third year of school. But now all her friends have graduated and she feels alone. For some reason, after hearing Nagisa talking to herself, Tomoya becomes interested and befriends her.

Number of Episodes: 23
Original Run: Oct 4, 2007 to Mar 27, 2008

Sequel: Clannad After Story
Number of Episodes: 24
Original Run: Oct 2, 2008 to Mar 26, 2009

Characters:

Tomoya Okazaki: Tomoya is the male protagonist of Clannad. Due to his habit of always arriving late to school, skipping classes during the day, and staying out all night, he has been labeled as a delinquent, or a young person who defies authority. Ever since his mother, Atsuko, died in a car accident when he was young, Tomoya has been living with his father, Naoyuki, with whom he argues constantly. Tomoya was injured during a fight with his father three years ago; since then, their relationship has been very distant.

Nagisa Furukawa: Nagisa is the main heroine of Clannad. Although she is in her third year in high school, as is Tomoya, Nagisa is actually one year older since she had to repeat her third year after an illness that lasted nine months. Tomoya, returning on the first day of school, met her on a long hill path in front of the school. She has a strange habit of muttering the names of food that she plans to eat as a way to motivate herself, such as anpan. She wants to reestablish the once-disbanded theater club. She does not have much self-confidence so she often needs help in order to motivate herself through the day.

Kyou Fujibayashi: Kyou is a bad-mouthed and aggressive girl well known as a good cook. She was in Tomoya's class in their second year, and has maintained a steady friendship with Tomoya even though they are put in different classes on their third year. She is currently the class representative of her class. She has a pet baby warthog named Botan.

Fuko Ibuki: Fuko is a first year student at Tomoya's school (Technically, her age is same as Tomoya's), but she is always alone by herself, making wood carvings of starfish with a small knife to give to others as presents for her sister's upcoming wedding. This hobby drains her concentration and awareness of her surroundings wholly, which Tomoya takes advantage of by playing a variety of pranks on her.

Kotomi Ichinose: Kotomi is another schoolmate of Tomoya's in the same year, but, like Kyou, in a separate class from Tomoya. She is the number one throughout the whole country in standardized exam results — she always goes to library to read extra materials, especially books in foreign languages. Kotomi is a very quiet girl and it is quite difficult to communicate with her. In her spare time, she plays the violin, although she doesn't know how to play it.

Tomoyo Sakagami: Tomoyo transferred to Tomoya's school as a second year student during spring. She is rumored to be violent and to have a misconduct record for fighting. These rumors are later confirmed when she beats up several students from her previous school one day at her new school during school hours. Although Tomoya is older than her, Tomoyo does not show him his due respect as a senior student. Later though,she develops a certain interest towards him and they start to spend some time together. She has a younger brother named Takafumi, whom was injured in an accident.

Opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDGSjSHQQkQ[/youtube]

My Review: Clannad is a wonderful mix of comedy and drama, the first season being mostly comedy while the sequel is mostly drama. Most of the drama of this series has a deep mystery aspect to it that keeps it interesting until the end. The comedy is well done and at times will even make you laugh out loud. The sequel has less comedy but does turn into a heartwarming story with a wonderful ending.
My Rating: 5/5
Dango: 100
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Pryce's Anime Review vol 4
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »
Another great review =P I might watch this since you recommended yourself that I do.

[heart]

^^
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Videogamemaster1000

• In ur 4m, Posting in ur topics.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »
Considering I have nothing better to do the remaning of summer I guess I'll check it out.

Awesome Points: 35

Offline TwitchLord

• I am Ganon!
  • Fear to enter DredzBop for the TwitchLord lives!!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »
ooooo i lke this anime too it really good and nice review your now on my good side because u know alot of anime i like

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:02:08 PM »
man it seems like a good anime but there are thousands of School girl High school life animes.. i own Azumanga Dijoh and like several other crazy ones and it just seems like with how many animes of this genere there are its just a good excuse to have sexy Highschool girls in an anime..

Not that im trying to say this is a bad review but like if you want a good anime of this genre in my opinion i would say go with Sailor Moon, Azumanga dijoh or ranma and maybe even magic Knights rayearth

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »
[tkoold] don't say that

just cause you are behind because you are addicted to WOW, don't bash new anime

this anime is pretty good, i saw a few episodes

you really need to get back into anime, because you are missing alot

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Clannad
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
lol im good at missing alot whever i am nothing happends

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »
oh well

watch these online, worth the 10 min wait!

Offline OMUTSU

• RAZER
    • OMUTSU
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
bringing back an old topic. hurrrrrraaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! so i watched the first season in the past 2 days. darn good. havn't watched the second season yet, but im planin on it after i finish this post. also, there seems to be an ova out about this, labled as season 1 episode 24 from the sites ive seen. but anyways, on to the reason i decided to make this post. after watching the first season, i realized this show reminds me a lot of Shuffle! btw, the exclamation mark is part of the title i do believe. There is a similiar plot between the two. popular high school guy, dosnt really know hes popular, and gots many candidates for the pickins. Clannad was a bit laid back, and there really wasnt too much competition between the girls, whereas in shuffle, it seems more of an intense battle type of thing (but not as much comedy). so if you like clannad, you will prolly like shuffle as well. yup. thats what i made this post for

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
Shuffle! and Clannad are made by the same studio CLAMP.
Awesome Points: 575