4M4Life.com

Death Arena (Trading Card Game)

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
Death Arena (Trading Card Game)
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
Death Arena

Ready to play a cheap parody of Yu-gi-oh? Well Death Arena is just that game!

Basic Rules:
1) Death Arena goes by the Yu-gi-oh battle system.
2) You are only allowed 5 cards in your hand at a time.
3) You need a deck of 25 cards to play a match.
4) Every new player to Death Arena will be given a starter pack of 25 cards. These cards will be ranging from levels 1-4.
5) You may make a wager at the beginning of each match (this is optional)

*Card Rules:
1) Every 2 matches you can make a crappy card (a level 1 and level 2 monster)
2) Every 10 matches you can make a good card (a level 3 and level 4 monster)
3) Every 50 matches you can make a grand card. (a level 5 and level 6 monster)
**Also, when you get to your 10th match you cannot make a 10 crappy cards and 1 good card. At the 10th match mark(s), you can only make 1 good card and nothing else. Same goes for the 50th mark(s); you cannot make 25 crappy cards, 5 good cards and 1 grand card. You are only allowed one 1 grand card at the 50 mark(s).**

Life Force:
A Standard match is set at 4000.
A Survival match is set at 2000.
A Challenge match is set at 8000.

Tournaments
Tournaments will be announcement at random. Each tournament will give out the prize of one God card. Anyone may enter along as you have 25 cards. Winner of the tournament gets the God card. Some God cards may have powerful ATK, DEF and Special or some may have no ATK and DEF, but have a kick ass Special!

Card Types (examples are shown below)

Items: Heal, Harm and Infinite
Heal cards are ones that restore your Life Force like MedPacks.
Harm cards are ones that damage your foe's monster or their Life Fore like Pistol.
Infinite cards are ones that are set to last forever in the match with special properties like Sonic Trasmitter (-10 Life Force to foe)

Magic: Heal, Harm and Infinite
Heal cards are ones that restore your Life Force like Recover.
Harm cards are ones that damage your foe's monster or their Life Fore or destroys their Infinite item or Magic card. Like Fireball.
Infinite cards are ones that are set to last forever in the match with special properties like Torrent (weakens each of the foe's monsters by -100 ATK pts)

Monsters: Level 1-6 (levels, ATK and DEF power vary with each monster.)
Lvl 1- Neko Slime, pink slime ball with a cat's face. ATK 100 DEF 100, no special.
Lvl 2- Goblin, ugly, green and they stink. ATK 1000 DEF, no special.
Lvl 4- *Faritcus, hailed from the world of porta-potties. ATK 1750 DEF 1500, special: Clog-add +100 ATK to Faritcus for every monster slain.
Lvl 5- FW, a shitty smelling flash werewolf. ATK 2100 DEF 2100 special: stink lines- while this monster is face up in ATK mode every monster of foe's playing that is facing up will lose 100 ATK and DEF regardless of position.
Lvl 6- BD, a strong incarnation of the dreaded Grim Reaper (:P). ATK 3500 DEF 2300. While this card is face up, any monsters with the level of 1-3 on your foe's side of the field is destroyed.

Level Limits is set from 0-3500. Regardless if it's for ATK or DEF.

Special Limits:
For higher level monsters - anything thing is allowed, but as long as it doesn't over do it.
For lower level monsters - something like... your level 2 Goomba's special can't allow it to commit suicide if your foe has monsters that are face up with the ATK power of 1500 or higher. Or your level 1 Puffball, can't have 0 ATK and 0 DEF, but have a level 5's special.

*Influenced by Black Death.

Questions, Comments, Concerns?  [crono]
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Death Arena (Trading Card Game)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
Sounds interesting, but the total deck count being 25-50 should be something like 25+. Just thought I'd make that suggestion. Can I see some examples of cards?

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:26 PM »
*shakes fist at Red's request*

j/k... here ya go[angel]

Your card doesn't have to be excatly like that, but someone along those lines. This game is meant to be fun, but have little restrictions.  [asia]

orange card= monster
green card= item
purple card= magic

Also, Red, ppl are going to need their own threads for battling. Like if I wanted to battle you, you'll have your own thread. And when I'm done, if Shin wanted to battle you all he had to do was make a reply on your thread saying so.
~~~~~~
Something Shin requested....

Q: What is the battle system?

A: Battle System:

Monster field- where all your monsters are displayed; either face up or face down, atk or defensive position. defensive is when the card to flipped to the side (horizontal). The monster card can only removed from this field if you tribute it or it's destroyed by you foe.

Magic/Item field- where all your magic and item cards are played. If you want to heal your LF (Life Force) then play the card face up and let your foe know what it does and discard it. Ex. I have 2500 LF and want to increase it with my Recover card. So, I play the Recover magic card, let my foe know what it does and discard it to the graveyard. It can be displayed; either face up or face down, and only in the vertical position, never defensive.

Graveyard- where all the discarded or destroyed monsters are placed, face up. They are no longer active; unless you use a monster's special, an item or even a magic card. To bring it back a monster card from the graveyard and place it on your field.

Deck- all cards are down and "shuffled".
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Yeah, I know how to play. And if you want, you can create the card battle threads here. Feel free to use this place. It's new and I requested it be made because I thought it would be successful enough. =D

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
Well I'm making my own cards right now so hold on, lol.
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
25 cards will work better for quick matches

Got a blank Card layout we can use?

[kata]

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:01:56 PM »
Got a blank Card layout we can use?
That would help a lot. Like, one of each type of card.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 11:22:43 PM »
That way the cards cant get TOO ugly! [ugly]

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 11:38:42 PM »
monster

item

magic

Enjoy!  [crono]

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »
Are there restrictions on 'special abilites' for low level monsters? Whats the cut off, if any?

Also, any ATK, DEF limits?

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »
Are there restrictions on 'special abilites' for low level monsters? Whats the cut off, if any?

lol, did anyone read the rules? I know I was rambling, but geez. :P

Limits:
Quote from: Omega
Now the limit is nothing at the level of a god (4000+ ATK or DEF), no god specials (every monster, magic and/or item is disabled), and god magic or item card(s). I will give out the God cards myself, but you get a God card after every 1000th battle you've won. It is also your duty to keep score of your wins, draw and loses.

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 08:40:06 PM »
I can't wait to see a match actually played. I still don't know where/how you intend to play. >.> If it's going to be here, it's okay with me.

Offline black death

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
I think everyone who plays should get a starter deck (25 cards). this deck should have cards in it that make it so you cant cheat and have INSANE cards, so there is no messing around with " HEY THAT CARD IS TOO POWERFUL!" "NO IT'S NOT!". after so cards can be gotten from you or from other people after winning a match.
Awesome points: 100
[refle]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2449/sig1kq3.png[/refle]

Cewt Addy Bunny 6:08 pm
    o.o
    you could whore yourself out

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »
That sounds like a good idea.
But I think Omega was wanting this game to be very open and care free. I think he left it open to make your own cards for a reason. This is just to have fun and have a laugh, right?
Anyway, it's still a good idea. It would just take a long time to make all those cards.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »

lol, did anyone read the rules? I know I was rambling, but geez. :P

Limits:
Quote from: Omega
Now the limit is nothing at the level of a god (4000+ ATK or DEF), no god specials (every monster, magic and/or item is disabled), and god magic or item card(s). I will give out the God cards myself, but you get a God card after every 1000th battle you've won. It is also your duty to keep score of your wins, draw and loses.

I meant for low level cards. if not then why have levels?

[kata]

Offline black death

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »
If the cards are made by everyone then everyone will have good cards and shit not GODLY cards but everyone will start out with good cards instead of working there way up.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
Quote from: red
That sounds like a good idea.
But I think Omega was wanting this game to be very open and care free. I think he left it open to make your own cards for a reason. This is just to have fun and have a laugh, right?
Anyway, it's still a good idea. It would just take a long time to make all those cards.

Yes, exactly what I want. Oh and I've actually thought about giving people 25 cards each to start out with, but the problem is I don't have 25+ random ideas for cards floating through impulsive imagination. Like Red mentioned, I do want it to be open and "care free".

Quote from: fw
I meant for low level cards. if not then why have levels?

The only reason there are levels is because I made the game (very) similar to Yu-gi-oh. Thus they have stars and I have levels. So, the limit with lower level cars would be something like... your level 2 Goomba can't commit suicide if your foe have monster that are face up with the ATK power of 1500 or higher. Or your level 1 Puffball, can't have 0 ATK and 0 DEF but have a level 7 special.

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline black death

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm glad you took some of my ideas! :D

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »
I'm glad you took some of my ideas! :D

No prob, I'll all for reasonable comprising! I'll make the Starter Pack.

<<The Land of 4M!>>