4M4Life.com

Is Anime Finally Dying?

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Is Anime Finally Dying?
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:28:15 AM »
If you turn on tv, on all the cartoon channels. You will notice the lack of anime. I have seen only a few still on. I seen Naruto Shippuden, Pokemon and this new Dragon Ball, that basically is a re-release of Z.

Has the end of the Japanese domination over american cartoons finally come?

YOU DECIDE!

Funny how the only anime shows left, are the ones from long ago. Old series

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: Is Anime Finally Dying?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:34:17 AM »
Kids watch anime online now and for free most of the time, so networks don't put anime on tv as much. Tv is probably declining in young viewers due to the internet with its youtube, facebook, and movie/tv streaming sites.

Anime is still very popular and isn't dying, just finding its new niche in the world... the digital world.

Style is horrible and generic/cheaply made. Its getting really hard to tell guys from girls and it seems everyone is bi-sexual in these new anime series. Slice of life, romantic comedy, and school girl comedies have become very popular to 20-something-year-old deviants and action/sci-fi animes are dropping away for now.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »
the digital world is killing anime though, making it free

so anime will fail, then this section will be called Cartoon Animation Section, lol

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »
anime makes a lot of money off of merchandise; there is a whole club in my school full of cosplayers that show up dressed as anime characters once a week, with their stuffies or sometimes they have friends sign their anime posters, or mangas or keyrings, bags, shirts, hats, and so many other things. The makers of anime receive money when those products are bought.

Anime is also purchased by a lot of dedicated watchers, and isnt at all dying; politically, broadcasting american cartoons is economically more secure than japanese shows, and during the recession the media is taking advantage of that.

Japanese culture, as stated by FW, is also moving away from storylines children would be interested in; most young anime watchers watch it for the action, regardless of gender (a lot of anime watching young girls tend to be more tomboyish) And a lot of the animes being made are geared towards teenage girls. You also have to realize the amount of fan service is getting ridiculous.

Anime is not dying, but isnt being broadcasted either. Its watced via internet and DVD.
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »
i think the anime craze was biggest during the first few years of Pokemon, then Yugioh, while Dragon ball gt was on. I have been reading alot about how sales are at an all time low for anime, even Hello Kitty is in jeopardy. I bet all that anime merchandise is made in china!

If i had it my way, i would be producing american cartoons for american tv and kick anime out!

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
Japanese anime has been one of the best things for cultural acceptance and introducing americans to foreign customs; i think its been good on americans to have some medial influence from separate cultures, escpecially one as different as from Asia.

Again, anime is at an all time low because of the internet
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
someone's a scardy pants...

Modern anime series key viewers into lifestyles and social interactions thats unique to that culture. Food lets you know what other cultures eat.

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 02:15:20 AM »
well anime goes in spurts of huge populary like once every 10 years.. and then floats untill it happends again, which is odd but its what it has done its entire Existance.. Just lookup anime popularity on wikipedia and across the whole web and thats what you find when you lookup anime history.