• FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: SUGESTIONS FOR HEADER!!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »
thats a lot of suggestions! lol

Offline NinjaBot3

• i am new :)
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »
Alright, here's my tentative draft for the banner (emphasis on "tentative").  As Kinjo reminded me earlier, there were a lot of suggestions.  Unfortunately, not all of them made it to this version (but I'm assuming BluePenguinPJs' is the official one anyway so no big, right?).

I was thinking of making half the banner Western/American characters (Superman's side, obviously) and the other half Eastern/Anime characters (with Goku).  Sort of dichotomy/"West vs East" theme.

I apologize to all the female board-goers for the lack of women here.  I was set on Betty Boop from the start, since she’s so famous, but just as I was wrapping things up, I realized she was the only woman on the banner.  I'm ashamed to say I actually had to look up famous cartoon characters to remember the Powerpuff Girls and slapped them on in a half-assed effort to prevent this from being a total sausage fest (I didn't want to use Wonder Woman since DC already had Batman, Superman AND the Joker up there).

My unintentional misogyny aside, are there any thoughts on the banner?

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »
Good start! The stretched image of superman and goku, looks kinda off, because its stretched.

Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, powerpuff girls look great. But i see little white specks on the edges of most of the characters, have you ever tried the feather tool in photoshop?

Offline NinjaBot3

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 04:29:28 PM »
Thanks!  I'm glad you liked Mickey and Donald as they actually needed a fair amount of touching up (they were pretty faded when I found them) though I've seen those white specks too.  I've heard of feathering but I've never done it before.  I'll have to check my programs to see if I have it but I only have Paint.NET and GIMP right now.  Hopefully one of them has what we need.

Off the top of my head, I can center the Supes and Goku picture and put black borders on the left and right instead of stretching it out.  I might even be able to fit in "West" and "East" tags in the borders...not that anyone'll be able to see them.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
I agree with kinjo! its filling in fast, if only you could remove those white specs on some of the characters.

[kata]

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »
Thanks!  I'm glad you liked Mickey and Donald as they actually needed a fair amount of touching up (they were pretty faded when I found them) though I've seen those white specks too.  I've heard of feathering but I've never done it before.  I'll have to check my programs to see if I have it but I only have Paint.NET and GIMP right now.  Hopefully one of them has what we need.

Off the top of my head, I can center the Supes and Goku picture and put black borders on the left and right instead of stretching it out.  I might even be able to fit in "West" and "East" tags in the borders...not that anyone'll be able to see them.

Taking the time to double post to show you this:

http://www.splashup.com/

its photoshop as a .swf file aka PHOTOSHOP MADE IN FLASH AND PUT UP ONLINE!

[kata]

Offline NinjaBot3

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
Wow, thanks Flashwerewolf.  Funny, I thought .swf's were purely presentation files.

I'll resume work on the banner as soon as I can but right now, prior engagements beckon me.  Thanks for the input everyone!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »
.swfs can do ANYTHING!

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
Yush :D YAys! new header ^_^
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.