4M4Life.com

Battle Spirits: Spoiler - 6 Dual core dragons

Offline CaMeRoN

• Eye Of The Vortex
    • Eye Of The Vortex
Battle Spirits: Spoiler - 6 Dual core dragons
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:35:48 AM »
Hey guys,

I've written Eye Of The Vortex's first spoiler review of Set 4: Ascension of DRagons!  The article shows off the six dual core dragons that were previewed by Alex Bykov (Mr. Goku).  I discuss the various ways of using them and how they combo with cards from Set 1 through 3.

Cheers, Cam.

Spoiler Alert[/u]
History has been written as the first dual core creatures in Battle Spirits have been spoiled. These six dragons also mark the first spoiler cards of Set 4: Ascension of Dragons. What exactly is a dual core creature? Are they useful? Read the article to find out!!!

Read The full ARticle
http://eyeofthevortexonline.com/articles/article191.php
Looks like it was a little too spicy for you."
[spoiler]SSJ Puar says: Lol its weird, since i talk to u often i sometimes type eh without thinking about it xD
SSJ Puar says: Everyone knows Canadians love pests ;D
SSJ Puar says: Bcuz ur canadian duh. U have special Canadian powers![/spoiler]

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Battle Spirits: Spoiler - 6 Dual core dragons
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:54:05 AM »
I suspect you're a bot  =o
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:48 AM »
How is battle spirits? I saw a flash demo/trailer for them a long time ago and it seemed to just be a copy of existing trading card games.

[kata]

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:51:15 AM »
This surprised me. Lol.

I made a post about Battle Spirits before. It's pretty fun, but confusing since it's a little odd. The game is relatively cheap to play though.

Offline CaMeRoN

• Eye Of The Vortex
    • Eye Of The Vortex
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
I suspect you're a bot  =o
I'm afraid that your suspicions have led you astray. :(

How is battle spirits? I saw a flash demo/trailer for them a long time ago and it seemed to just be a copy of existing trading card games.
It's a fun game.  The resource mechanics are very refreshing.  My favorite part of game is most certainly the resource system.  Highlights of it are that your resources cannot be controlled.  Therefor, your opponent can never lock you into having no options because of lack of resources.  I hate playing games where my opponent is running a deck that hits my resources.  They basically escape the main game mechanic of attacking and blocking to control me indirectly through my resources.  It really takes the fun out of playing.  i.e. Magic: The Gathering they have cards that destroy land.  Yugioh they have cards that discard a ridiculous amount of cards from your hand.

Another neat thing about the game is that it is very balanced.  The resource system allows for you to play a lot of expensive cards for very cheap.  The problem that could arise there is power creep could set in where a cheap card would have an overwhelming effect.  At the moment, we have not experienced that.  It might be because the sets are being modified based on the mistakes that were made in Japan.  That's probably why lol..  Regardless, it's a happy moment for me!  An example of this is a spell card called Flame Tempest.  It is relatively expensive and has an effect that destroys all spirits with 3000 battle points or less.  If they hadn't placed a restriction of 3000 battle points or less on this card, then it would quality as power creep.  However, since they added that stipulation it fits well into the scene.  Bandai does a lot of things like that to keep cards in check.  It by no means makes the cards bad or unplayable.  Instead, it adds the extra challenge of using the card at the right time to maximize its effect.  It's more about skill and strategy than "I play this card and destroy you".

Another thing you may appreciate is that Battle Spirits has no chaining.  That means that the game features a mechanic where once an effect is activated it will go resolve immediately.  There is no stack like in Magic or Chains like in Yugioh.  i.e.  I play flame Tempest and all spirits with 3000 battle points or less are destroyed immediately.  I really like this mechanic, because it forces people to think ahead.  They must ponder what their opponent has in their hand that may come at them on the next turn and act accordingly.

This surprised me. Lol.

I made a post about Battle Spirits before. It's pretty fun, but confusing since it's a little odd. The game is relatively cheap to play though.
It's definitely cheap!  Yeah.  I actually googled "Battle Spirits Forum" and your post came up.  So, I figured what the heck! and posted my article here.  I have written a bunch more, but I won't put those up.  However, I would like to put up all the new ones that I write from this day onward.  Is that okay?
Looks like it was a little too spicy for you."
[spoiler]SSJ Puar says: Lol its weird, since i talk to u often i sometimes type eh without thinking about it xD
SSJ Puar says: Everyone knows Canadians love pests ;D
SSJ Puar says: Bcuz ur canadian duh. U have special Canadian powers![/spoiler]

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
It's alright Cameron, I'll allow it. I still don't know everything about the game. I was still in the process of learning when I got distracted and ended up not getting to it. Plus it would be nice to see some new people with interests in these trading card games and board games. =P

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »
Yeah.  I actually googled "Battle Spirits Forum" and your post came up.  So, I figured what the heck! and posted my article here.  I have written a bunch more, but I won't put those up.  However, I would like to put up all the new ones that I write from this day onward.  Is that okay?
DO IT! Do whatever you want in the Table Top section as long as its about tabletop games  [yum] [/]

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
YES IT WASNT A BOT! LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!! =D

One post in a random section that includes a link usually mean bot.

Seems to have a good discussion goin on in here, so I'm done off topically posting here. =3
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Red

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
YES IT WASNT A BOT! LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!! =D

One post in a random section that includes a link usually mean bot.

Seems to have a good discussion goin on in here, so I'm done off topically posting here. =3

It was on topic though. o.0

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
I wasnt being on topic I meant. Darn it.. this is off topic too!! D:<
10 Luffle Points~!