• \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Fate/Stay Night
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »
Doing this one for two reasons.
1. it's been a bit since i've done one
2. To commemorate the release of Fate/Unlimited Codes

Title: Fate/Stay Night

Genre(s): Fantasy, Action, Supernatural

General Info: Shirō Emiya lost his parents in a fire when he was young and was later adopted by a sorceror by the name of Kiritsugu Emiya. Although he was full of admiration for his adopted father and yearns to become an ally of justice, Shirō has limited powers and was unable to become a strong sorcerer like his father. That is until one fateful day, he was drawn into the Holy Grail War and had to summon a female "Servant" known as Saber in order to protect himself. It turns out that the Holy Grail War involves a series of battles among powerful sorcerors to fight for the possession of a relic that will grant one's wishes, the Holy Grail. There are altogether seven "Masters" who can summon their respective "Servants" from different classes known as Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster and Assasin. These "Servants" have to hide their names in order not to reveal their weaknesses to the enemies. The story revolves around Shirou and his entanglement in the Holy Grail War.

Number of Episodes: 24
Original Run: Jan 7, 2006 to Jun 17, 2006

Characters:

Shirō Emiya: Shirō is the main character of the story. He is a serious yet helpful, hardworking, and honest teenager. His hobbies include fixing a variety of broken things, from VCRs to stoves, as well as cooking and cleaning. He has some slight talent with sorcery, though he was discouraged by his foster father Kiritsugu Emiya from improving his gifts. He is initially confused about the Holy Grail War and attempts to irrationally shield others from danger, including his own Servant, Saber.

Saber: She is Shirō's Servant, an agile but powerful warrior. Loyal, independent, and reserved, Saber acts coldly but is actually suppressing her emotions to focus on her goals. Her class is considered the "Most Outstanding", with excellent ratings in all categories. Since her Master cannot effectively provide her with Mana, she minimizes her activity to preserve what she has. Saber is frustrated by Shirō's "protective" tendencies, believing his erratic and reckless behavior will jeopardize her chances of winning the Holy Grail War.

Rin Tōsaka: Rin is a model student and idol of Shirō's school. Secretly, she is a powerful sorceress and Master in the Holy Grail War. Rin is the descendant of a long and old line of sorcerers and therefore lacks a formal magic education. However, she is extremely powerful in her own right.

Rin's father was killed in the 4th Holy Grail War. Ever since, she trained to be eventually able to succeed him. She is perceptive, resourceful and avidly competitive and once tried to summon a Saber-class Servant. Instead she accidentally called Archer who is her partner in the story, a very strong one at that.

Archer: He is the Servant of one of the series' main heroines, Rin Tōsaka. Due to an incomplete summon, he apparently has no memory of his previous life or identity. Archer is sarcastic and cynical - but under his hardened exterior lies a complex and dark personality that unfolds throughout the story. Though skilled with ranged weapons, he can hold his own in melee combat. Archer considers Shirō Emiya's idealism to be weak and delusional, recognizing Shirō's mentality of "wanting to save everyone" as naive and impossible.

Illyasviel von Einzbern: A young Teutonic aristocrat, she traveled to Japan to participate in the Holy Grail War as a Master. Illyasviel has an angelic appearance and an unsurpassed degree of magical power. She lives in a castle on the outskirts of Fuyuki City, accompanied only by her Servant and two maids. Illyasviel asks those she feels comfortable around to simply call her "Illya".

Openings:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsgU34sQgg4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2lGjz-SCX0&feature=related[/youtube]

My Review: Fate/Stay Night's anime rendition cannot compare to the actual visual novel but for those who could not experience the original this is an excelent substitute. With a deep, solid story, epic battles, and well drawn characters this series is a must watch for those who enjoy epic battles.

My Rating: 4.5/5
Epicness: 6/5
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Fate/Stay Night
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »
xD Epicness rating.. yesh! Awesomeness!

=3 This review was as good at the rest, the anime actually looks really gewd.
Yet again another awesome job!

(teehee, and this time i won't have to pester you with my questions of incomprehension =3)
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
I'm gonna go back and add random ratings for each of them.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
well dont be random, maybe 1-10

10 being best

also i liked fate :)

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
No I meant random as in like random

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 06:11:24 PM »
Teehee xD Nice picture
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG