4M4Life.com

are you excited for your next operating system?

Offline bloo-apple

• You Just Made Me Happy!
    • Bloo-Apple
are you excited for your next operating system?
« on: May 30, 2011, 01:04:06 AM »
basically i feel as if windows 7 JUST came out, and snow leopard for mac is pretty new as well, but they are already releasing beta OS's for them and stuff!! Are you excited for your next operating system? If so what one?

Offline Ishtarvanii

• I will eat you if you just ask.
Re: are you excited for your next operating system?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:25 AM »
I'm still rockin Windows xp

Without a little bit of envy nothing can be accomplished.

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´****Hate`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »
New operating systems are pointless.. Really what are really paying for? A new updated browser or a better start menu. If something works fine why try to update it. Peddlly updates...

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:36:02 PM »
Yeah its Kinda goofy but New operating systems are really only Nessesary when the Hardware is So dramatically improved that the old one cannot utalize the new resorces and abilitys, otherwise, if memory is handled better and the speed of your computer better utalized then all your paying for is the fact that they did not write it correctly the first time.... Which is exactly how i feel about Windows VISTA... that operating system was ok But a SERIOUS memory hog and windows 7 proved it... None the less we gave Microsoft money for their mistake and we gave them Money to fix it... when Vista Should of never existed and 7 was how they should of done it in the first place.

Considering the fact that Computer speeds are stagnant again and most modern computers have more memory than 2 Gigs (so much memmory that even windows wont clog it) any new operating systems are really just a Game people fall for but corporations always have to make because they need Income, but whenever the new operating system does come out.. software will demand it a requirement not because it has to be done but to convince everyone of the game when its all unessesary..

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »
reminds me of the beginning of tron 2, when they were releasing the new updated emcom's operating system and the updates were nil and they laughed about it

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
its true and disney knows it lol, it wouldnt be funny if it wernt true.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
i saw tron 1 at target on blue ray

i would of purchased it but..., 30 bucks is to expensive in this economy for a single movie

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
i know i lol now and am thankful i dont need to own everything anymore i thought it was bad when i was 23

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »
i must own all cartoons ever created on dvd and bluray!

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:31:51 PM »
hmm heres a Link, http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/20110602/tc_digitaltrends/microsoftofficiallyunveilswindows8

it previews windows 8's initial ideas even if the operating system wont exist untill fall 2012 or later.

it Probably is the next step though rather than Monitor Touch screens, i think they should take a Page out of the movie Minority Report, and use some of Sonys Technology and just have "hand Air Touch motion" that would be better than touch screen monitor's.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
ill wait until windows 12, and max os 341

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
Yeah other than Look and new hardware features Like Monitor touch screen (Which Btw would require a Monitor that Handles that) Technically, they could Let Windows 7 Have that feature its just a matter of Software drivers and accepting the touch the same as a mouse click... Really So far they will just be chargeing Money For things that should be handled with the Sale of the operating systems we already own, Even if Windows 8 Has an Improved Software core better Firewall security and stuff again thats all things they can remedy with patches and re write Windows 7, the Only reason they wont or stop updating is because thats there force handed way of getting Money, That said its hard to dictate whats fair for us or not, If in the end microsoft feels they arnt getting enough money they have an Easy Solution to the problem that would Really tick us off,

They Could be like virus software protection companies who Relized that They need income every year and everyone who needed virus software protection Already owned it.. So after 10+ years.. they had to change the way their software works to be a Payment for Limited time instead of somthing you bought and could always get free updates for years and years and years..

Could you imagine Paying microsoft like 30$ a year for your operating system use of YOUR computer!?

if enough people Like me dont buy whatever Microsoft Sells Next.. It may be in the future down the road like 5 years from now.. but in the end all it will do is inspire Another Hacking Revolution of rightful justice.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 07:20:27 AM »
I can't imagine paying microsoft for anything, I use mac stuff now. Mac's are better for the graphix.

However I saw on a commercial someone selling the new windows and you get a free xbox 360

you should look into that, then you could finally have a 360 and we could play gears of war 3 online as [ninja]'s

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
Lol whats funny kinjo is the only reason the macs are better for graphics is the software, Technically Pc's have better Graphics hardware available to put into your computer.. its just a rigged game

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
software vs hardware is a weird thing. Browsers have really really outdated downloading capabilities.

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
yeah and its mainly at the hands of the Operating system WINDOWS is shit for handling Downloads, file transferes and file compression its a real JOKE a 386 with dos using Pkunzip and unzip a file 10 times faster than my modern computer using windows 7 unzip...

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
I download files at 1.5-2mb/sec on Vista using a nifty program that is free. My browser will download at 300-500kb/s. Its just dumb how theres that much of a difference. :3c

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
Yep Windows is programed like shit.. theres no reason a Program should exist that handles downloads better bits are bits... But windows Aparently scrambles them all and looses the connection.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
well the power to develop is given to ALL and not ONE, thats why I like Windows over other OS's. Sure some OS's can offer that as well, but Windows is the largest market and gets the most time spent on it.

They let others improve their product and create content for it. Its a smart business idea.

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »
i need to come up with a business scam idea that makes everyone else do all the work for me :P