Gone is the Sun

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Gone is the Sun
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
"Yesh, post THERE." - Omega

Addy= just a lil slow ^^;;;;

anywayz, Omega suggested I post stories HERE (and not in the Shitty Art 4M) lol, so since there is no other place and I wish to share meh stories, here we goezzz!!!

Gone is the Sun
By: Addy

It was dusk and the slight drizzle came down onto the damp Earth. The streets were less crowded than usual, probably because the day wasn't bright and sunny as usual, but still a few people strut the sidewalks. The rain was cold, but it felt good as it sent a tingling sensation surging through your body. Markas's footsteps fell to the ground as the thick fog swallowed his feet into the white haze. He dressed casual, your ever day jeans and t shirt, which covered his stocky form. His brunette hair cut to about his shoulders, waved messily in the slight chilling breeze and tanned skin framed cold emerald eyes. To the common person he would be abnormally beautiful with a personality to match! He was broadminded, practical, sensible, independent, sensitive, generous, loyal, gentle, tolerant; there are too many ways to describe his perfection to fit into words. To everyone else this young man was simply charming, the most flawless being to ever grace the Earth!

Markas, however, did not think of himself as flawless. He felt as if his whole being would crumble and so he covered his depression with a mask of pure bliss which no one could see past. His life was a nightmare it seemed, his dreams corrupted and turned into a restless unconscious torture. Since Haley was no longer in his life he was often nostalgic and stuck in the past unable to move on. His mind raced back to the day she had vanished from the Earth's surface.

Markas was married to a woman named Marissa, who bared his first and only child. Marissa wasn't the best mother and certainly not the best role model, she had become addicted to various drugs and her temper flared at random times. After the divorce between the two was finalized Markas swore to never date or marry another woman, out of fear his daughter would be upset seeing him with another. Haley was a brilliant little girl, only five years old, with long dark brown hair that was often tied back in a dark green ribbon that matched the color of her eyes, inherited from her father. She was so innocent, still as young as she was, and had such an optimistic point of view. Her wide grin, occasionally missing a tooth when her baby teeth loosened and her gums released them, was always in place on her cherubic face.

Haley had died nearly a year ago and still Markas was pained by the loss of his daughter; she meant everything to him and had become his life. She had been visiting her mother when the plane collided with the ground and a gaping hole tore into the Earth. With very few survivors, of course the young child couldn't have been one of the blessed few to of lived. Markas failed to remember the countless nights, after he found out about her death, that he had spent in a drunken stupor. He would wonder the streets unable to have a logical mind frame muttering to himself, stuck in a deep depression he found it to hard to recover from. Alcohol was how he chose to solve his problems and so he resorted to heavy drinking in order to deal with the grief. In his life she had been his sun, the reason his life was so brilliantly brightened.

His last day with her he had taken her to the shore, where she spun, bare feet digging into hot sand, as her light yellow summer dress flowed in the wind. She ran down the coast, her feet engraving footsteps into the moist sand. She would occasionally stop to pick a shell from the ground and toss it in her bucket, then continue to race on. The bright sun cast down on her laughing figure as she innocently gathered decorative shells.

"Slow down Haley! You're going to fall!" Markas called to his beautiful little daughter who turned to smile back at him. "You mustn't go to far, play time is over now; I must get you home and then cleaned up for your flight to your mother's" she ran toward her father, still engulfed in giggles, and hugged his leg as shells clattered in the bucket. He laughed along with her and held her hand as the two walked back towards the parking lot, sand swallowing their feet until they lifted them up to take another step; little indents trailed behind them to where they had once stepped upon.

After they had gone home she bathed and persuaded him to let her do her own hair and pick out her own clothes, which wasn't hard to do because he encouraged independence. With a toothy grin she emerged from her room, hugging a worn stuffed rabbit, and reached out for her father's hand. He took her hand into his grasp and walked with her to the car, buckling her into a car seat and driving to the airport where Marissa was already waiting to see her daughter again. Marissa opened her arms wide and Haley retracted her hand from her father's and ran to her mother smiling.

"Mommy!" she called and leaped into the arms of her mother, she turned happily to her father, "Goodbye, Daddy, see you soon okay?"

It was that night the news flashed an urgent message concerning the plane crash his exwife and beloved daughter had been in and recieved the call concerning the death of both. He spent the night crying and praying, begging for it to be some horrid nightmare he'd awaken from any minute now. He remembered standing along the coast once more, where the skyline, where the sun and ocean met, glimmered in his red eyes, wet with fresh tears. He reached for the sky grasping onto to nothing he fell to his knees and into the sand, left in the darkness since his only sun had said her final goodbye. He faced the sun as it glimmered in his eyes and he moved his raised hand to shield his eyes and continued to watch the ocean with a mind lost in the past. The wind grew more chilled, and the sky more dim, as night approached and the sun disappeared beyond the endless ocean. When he was finally left in the darkness of day he convinced himself to go home to rest.

He had denied their deaths, pretending his daughter was out on her own collecting shells once more along the shore and running long the beach with the foaming ocean flowing over her bare feet. He thought maybe he'd find her one day and she would run over smiling and in her childish voice say to him "I've missed you daddy," then wrapped her arms around him in an embrace and tell him she loved him. He was surely lost and his imagination ran wild with the unrealistic fantasies he truly wished for and the days just drifted away with the ocean.

He shook his head as he returned to the present, which his entire being could never fully belong to, because his daughter was part of him and she was now a thing of the past. He could feel tears running down his face as he let his guard down and allowed his mask to be removed. His features twisted in pain and sorrow, out of loss of the daughter he loved dearly. He couldn't bare the pain of being alone and still he would keep his promise to never remarry; nothing had changed except the miserable loneliness the loss of that sweet little girl had caused him. He stopped at the edge of the shore looking over at a high ledge that was near the rockier area of the beach. The waves threw themselves against it violently and he had dreamed numerous times to simply let himself fall from such a height into such an enraged ocean so that the pain would end there. Tonight he had planned on making that dream a reality, as he climbed the trail and stood at the edge looking over and listening to the seagulls call.

The sky painted in vivid colors of bright oranges and hot pinks as the sun set beyond the ocean his body fell from the cliff and without a regret his body sliced through the thick air. He was crying again, but not out of fear but memory as he envisioned his daughter's face. His body met the ocean's surface, pain rippling through his body as his flesh became bruised instantly and the waves swallowed him and pulled him down. His eyes burned as salt stung at them and his limbs became limp and useless. He felt paralyzed and watched as he sank deeper into the ocean until the world began to fade away and his eyes had slipped shut. Suddenly the pressure of the ocean was gone and the pain no longer existed. He was laying flat somewhere, though he didn't know where and as his eyes slid open again a familiar voice of a darling child laughed and called out, "Daddy!"
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Re: Gone is the Sun
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Great story is great.
Good ending is good.

Very well done Addy near the end I thought I was gonna be left with a sour feeling but the happy twist at the end was a welcome suprise.
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »
=D Thanks! This is one of those tragedies I ended nicely... I have... SOO much worse, lmao... I've had some ppl read my stories and cry by the end.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »
That was really good. I could really feel the emotions from Markus. Poor soul.

I hope my life doesn't turn out like that.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
It already has whales! jk
You should write more stories

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »
Haha, thanks, I actually write ALL the time, just don't know really if THIS is the board to post them or not =P

Also, I don't really think the 4M is that interested in my stories =]
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »
You dont know until you try!

[kata]

Offline Xicor

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:45:59 PM »
Haha, thanks, I actually write ALL the time, just don't know really if THIS is the board to post them or not =P

Also, I don't really think the 4M is that interested in my stories =]

listen to Flashy boy there. you never know until you try(=
Awesome Points: 83
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_10_07_09_5_27_21.jpeg[/refle]
[refle]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh242/jejs07/GogetaandVegito1.png[/refle]