Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Lucky Star
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »
Time for another anime review~!

Title: Lucky Star

Genre(s): Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life

General info: Having fun in school, doing homework together, cooking and eating, playing videogames, watching anime. All those little things make up the daily life of the anime- and chocolate-loving Izumi Konata and her friends. Sometimes relaxing but more than often simply funny!

Number of Episodes: 24
Original Run: Apr 9, 2007 to Sep 17, 2007

Characters:

Konata Izumi: Konata Izumi is, more by default than anything else, the "leader" of the main characters. Nicknamed "Kona-chan" by her friends, she is an eccentric but friendly and outgoing girl, with a mischeivous but good-natured sense of humor. She can be smart, but she hates studying, thus her grades are a bit uneasy. However, she is an expert in pulling an "all-nighter". In contrast to her studying habits, she loves video games, to the extent that she can compete against Kagami Hiiragi on trivia games. In addition, she loves anime, which is also due to her father, Sōjirō Izumi's influence, along with the games. He buys ero-games for himself, so she is able to play and enjoy them. In fact, when she became eighteen, Konata was overjoyed, since she could now go buy and play ero-games legally. In the anime, Konata constantly refers to or parodies several popular games, anime, and manga (much to the annoyance of Kagami), but her favorite franchise seems to be the Haruhi series, as she has many Haruhi figurines and decorations that makes her room, and even once went to the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou with her friends. She often gives false information to her family, thus making her father believe that Kagami and Tsukasa are shrine maidens. Interestingly enough, her voice actress for the animated version, Aya Hirano, is in fact the same person who voiced Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime; other voice actors from the same series make guest appearances during the course of Lucky ☆ Star.

Since she spends quite a large sum of money on video games and dōjinshi, Konata was lucky enough to get a part-time job at a cosplay cafe. She often plays video games late into the night, hence why she tends to fall asleep in class, which makes her a frequent victim to her homeroom teacher, Nanako Kuroi. One of her talents as mentioned on the show is that she can name all the Pokemon.

Her physique is smaller than average when compared to her peers, which she claims hasn't changed, since she was in the sixth grade. She is ambidextrous, in contrast to the mostly left-handed main cast. She has long, blue hair which comes down to her calves with a large ahoge, sleepy eyes and a beauty mark under her left eye, just like her father.

Kagami Hiiragi: Kagami is the older fraternal twin sister of Tsukasa. In school, her grades are excellent and she studies very hard. She was even the class president of her class in her first year. She is in a different class than Konata and Tsukasa, but she frequently comes to their class during lunch time to eat with them. Additionally, Kagami chose the humanities course in her second year so that she could be with her friends, but she was the only one separated into a different classroom; the same occurred in her third year. Kagami, seldom referred to as "Kagamin", is a bit egotistic, but is somewhat weak in cooking.

Kagami's physique is average. She has long light purple hair, and wears a ribbon tied into pig-tails, and her sharp eyes are light violet. Kagami is the stereotypical "tsukkomi" character, however, she is prone to become shy at times, hence being a tsundere character as well.

Much like Konata, Kagami likes video games, but plays a different genre than Konata: Kagami likes to play scrolling shooters. She loves to read light novels, but she is lonely that no one around her has the same interest as her.

Tsukasa Hiiragi: Tsukasa is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kagami and lives in a six-member family household with her parents. She is in the same class as Konata though isn't good at studying or at sports, but excels in cooking.

Tsukasa's physique is a little smaller than average. She has short, light-purple hair, and wears a ribbon like a head band in it, and her droopy eyes are light violet. She is portrayed as a stereotypical klutz and as a "healing-type" character. She spends a lot of time sleeping.

Miyuki Takara: Miyuki is a "young lady" from a wealthy family whom is also beautiful, smart, and well-mannered. She was the president for her grade level in her first year when she became great friends with Kagami. Now Miyuki is the same class as Konata and Tsukasa. Miyuki is more relied on by her classmates in helping their studies than Nanako.

Miyuki's physique is average, but she has excellent proportions; she has large breasts that Konata analogies her to a cow. Her appearance is as follow: has long light pink hair, and her eyes, covered by the glasses she wears, are light bluish-purple. She is a stereotypical "healing-type" meganekko. Her vision is less than 0.1, though used to be good until elementary school when she started reading books in the dark after her mother dozed off in the midst of reading them to her in her bed. She likes to read books, but does not read light novels.

Miyuki loves to sleep, and she always goes to sleep at eleven. She used to go to sleep much earlier at ten before her second year. However, she hates going to the dentist, but she frequently has to go there to fix a loose crown or because of a tooth decays. On the rare occasion that she plays video games, her personality seems to change.

Opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdERUrLvIW4[/youtube]

My Review: Lucky Star has little if any plot besides, 4 girls and their friends going to school and doing stuff, but this does not mean at all that it is not entertaining. Throughout the series are well placed refrences to other animes including, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, and To Heart. Lucky Star is highly entertaining and a must watch for lovers of comedy.
My Rating: 5/5
Number of odd hair colors: uhh like 12?
Awesome Points: 575

Offline TwitchLord

• I am Ganon!
  • Fear to enter DredzBop for the TwitchLord lives!!
Re: Pryce's Anime Review vol 5
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17:27 AM »
review fits perfectly and i remember trying to read this but i couldnt get into it maybe i should watch it ????

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:14:57 AM »
Haha Figures you'd seen this. nice review!

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:24:06 AM »
=3 Another nice review! Although this one's format seemed sloppier, especially with the characters. I had a hard time following it some of the way. =D But when I had a question about it you could answer it, so at least you knew your stuff ^_~
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:31 AM »
I've spaced the character descriptions out a little so it's easier to read.
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 11:52:23 AM »
=3 Much better! ^^ Now it's perfect!

10 Luffle Points~!

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »
wow all this different anime ive never heard of ive never found myself drawn to anime with tons of little little kid carecters... maybe im wrong but ill probably never see it.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
everytime i goto best buy i walk past this anime, you convinced me i want this pryce

this anime looks so funny and fun

very nice review

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Lucky Star
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 04:56:22 PM »
Time for another anime review~!

Title: Lucky Star

Genre(s): Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life

General info: Having fun in school, doing homework together, cooking and eating, playing videogames, watching anime. All those little things make up the daily life of the anime- and chocolate-loving Izumi Konata and her friends. Sometimes relaxing but more than often simply funny!

Number of Episodes: 24
Original Run: Apr 9, 2007 to Sep 17, 2007

Characters:

Konata Izumi: Konata Izumi is, more by default than anything else, the "leader" of the main characters. Nicknamed "Kona-chan" by her friends, she is an eccentric but friendly and outgoing girl, with a mischeivous but good-natured sense of humor. She can be smart, but she hates studying, thus her grades are a bit uneasy. However, she is an expert in pulling an "all-nighter". In contrast to her studying habits, she loves video games, to the extent that she can compete against Kagami Hiiragi on trivia games. In addition, she loves anime, which is also due to her father, Sōjirō Izumi's influence, along with the games. He buys ero-games for himself, so she is able to play and enjoy them. In fact, when she became eighteen, Konata was overjoyed, since she could now go buy and play ero-games legally. In the anime, Konata constantly refers to or parodies several popular games, anime, and manga (much to the annoyance of Kagami), but her favorite franchise seems to be the Haruhi series, as she has many Haruhi figurines and decorations that makes her room, and even once went to the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekisou with her friends. She often gives false information to her family, thus making her father believe that Kagami and Tsukasa are shrine maidens. Interestingly enough, her voice actress for the animated version, Aya Hirano, is in fact the same person who voiced Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime; other voice actors from the same series make guest appearances during the course of Lucky ☆ Star.

Since she spends quite a large sum of money on video games and dōjinshi, Konata was lucky enough to get a part-time job at a cosplay cafe. She often plays video games late into the night, hence why she tends to fall asleep in class, which makes her a frequent victim to her homeroom teacher, Nanako Kuroi. One of her talents as mentioned on the show is that she can name all the Pokemon.

Her physique is smaller than average when compared to her peers, which she claims hasn't changed, since she was in the sixth grade. She is ambidextrous, in contrast to the mostly left-handed main cast. She has long, blue hair which comes down to her calves with a large ahoge, sleepy eyes and a beauty mark under her left eye, just like her father.

Kagami Hiiragi: Kagami is the older fraternal twin sister of Tsukasa. In school, her grades are excellent and she studies very hard. She was even the class president of her class in her first year. She is in a different class than Konata and Tsukasa, but she frequently comes to their class during lunch time to eat with them. Additionally, Kagami chose the humanities course in her second year so that she could be with her friends, but she was the only one separated into a different classroom; the same occurred in her third year. Kagami, seldom referred to as "Kagamin", is a bit egotistic, but is somewhat weak in cooking.

Kagami's physique is average. She has long light purple hair, and wears a ribbon tied into pig-tails, and her sharp eyes are light violet. Kagami is the stereotypical "tsukkomi" character, however, she is prone to become shy at times, hence being a tsundere character as well.

Much like Konata, Kagami likes video games, but plays a different genre than Konata: Kagami likes to play scrolling shooters. She loves to read light novels, but she is lonely that no one around her has the same interest as her.

Tsukasa Hiiragi: Tsukasa is the younger fraternal twin sister of Kagami and lives in a six-member family household with her parents. She is in the same class as Konata though isn't good at studying or at sports, but excels in cooking.

Tsukasa's physique is a little smaller than average. She has short, light-purple hair, and wears a ribbon like a head band in it, and her droopy eyes are light violet. She is portrayed as a stereotypical klutz and as a "healing-type" character. She spends a lot of time sleeping.

Miyuki Takara: Miyuki is a "young lady" from a wealthy family whom is also beautiful, smart, and well-mannered. She was the president for her grade level in her first year when she became great friends with Kagami. Now Miyuki is the same class as Konata and Tsukasa. Miyuki is more relied on by her classmates in helping their studies than Nanako.

Miyuki's physique is average, but she has excellent proportions; she has large breasts that Konata analogies her to a cow. Her appearance is as follow: has long light pink hair, and her eyes, covered by the glasses she wears, are light bluish-purple. She is a stereotypical "healing-type" meganekko. Her vision is less than 0.1, though used to be good until elementary school when she started reading books in the dark after her mother dozed off in the midst of reading them to her in her bed. She likes to read books, but does not read light novels.

Miyuki loves to sleep, and she always goes to sleep at eleven. She used to go to sleep much earlier at ten before her second year. However, she hates going to the dentist, but she frequently has to go there to fix a loose crown or because of a tooth decays. On the rare occasion that she plays video games, her personality seems to change.

Opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdERUrLvIW4[/youtube]

My Review: Lucky Star has little if any plot besides, 4 girls and their friends going to school and doing stuff, but this does not mean at all that it is not entertaining. Throughout the series are well placed refrences to other animes including, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, and To Heart. Lucky Star is highly entertaining and a must watch for lovers of comedy.
My Rating: 5/5

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »
Haha, yeah I noticed the hair colors were kinda odd xD
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
nice quote fw :-P

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
xD yar, i was confused by that too.. i figured maybe he was trying to get it back on topic?
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »
lol when i post its offtopic :P

do other people like animes with the crazy little girls? ive always wondered why they are made and who likes them...

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 07:24:40 AM »
hahahahaha YOU DO!

sailormoon ring a bell?? i still really want this anime, it looks really funny

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 04:16:40 AM »
ailor moon is not a little little girl anime i mean Animes with crazy litlle girls and all the carecters are little and look like they are 5 or somthing...

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 07:39:40 AM »
i own this anime dude, and im telling you

you would like it