4M4Life.com

TkoolD's computer Down Dont know if it can be fixed...

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
TkoolD's computer Down Dont know if it can be fixed...
« on: November 26, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »
2 Days ago, after thinking my computer was relatively fixed, it fails to C any hard drives.. im over at a friends house now, and if i cant get it fixed today it is unknown how long it would be for me to Get a new computer... most likely some time after January.. i can routinely visit the forum at my moms and friends house but thats like once every 3-4 days.. and not nearly as long or often.... as you guys would be accustomed to..

wish me Luck... other wise im screwed for awile..

Offline Nocturnous

• Overlord lvl 99
  • aka "Trav"
Re: TkoolD's computer Down Dont know if it can be fixed...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
if they are detecting in bios then you have to reinstall your os and do a huge format on the drives, cause then you got some male ware on there ,

Which btw there has been plenty that actually do that

If bios doesn't detect it and you test the drives on another computer then you can just order a new mother board and replug everything into it

Which depending on how old your comp is could very in price, older computers probably around 25 bucks.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »
well thats not good. Hope to see you sooner than January!

[kata]

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »
Nooo! Tkoold! D:

Come over to my house and Jack my old PC! D: It's only got 10GB of Pr0nz and I think the Viruses from it's all gone, since my computer got wiped. o_O

... The old one.

We must have our Tkoold! ;3;

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:45:48 PM »
Well, My machine is rather old (going on 8 Years) its a 1.2 ghz, we went to the western Digital HD website and the warranties have long passed (2004) and so my buddy wizkid actually believes (and so far hes right) that my hard drives are just dieing of Old age, We put in a spare 15 Gig we had and its all working fine, we did diagnostic checks on my main HD and it Fails completly on the "Raw Read" test and does poorly on lots of other speed tests compared to its normal performance.
the Drive is not completely dead so i can pull off Important and usefull stuff i need!  so its honestly Great news, and then also my comp is getting a Graphics Upgrade, in my comp was a 64 Meg Ge force 2, He had a spare 128 Meg G force FX hes letting me put in there, also im finally making the switch from Windows ME to windows 2000 so i can get the latest Vesions of Aim & MSN and even explorer so... its all good, i should be functioning again at home tonight and have a Better computer.. just not nearly as much Hard drive space..

1 Month ago i had 2 HD's that ive used forever One was a 60 Gig the other a 40... after 8 Years ive Killed them...
now ill just have about 15 gig to get by..

Care to donate to the [tkoold] needs a real computer Fondation? in my comp can handle a 1.8 GHZ K7 athelon chip
but at the time i built the machine i couldnt afford it so 1.2 it was..., and then also Spare hardrives over 20 Gigs would easily be a help too! it would all Ensure that im online and visiting the Forum forever!

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 08:47:40 PM »
Actually yeah. I do. xD

I'll see if I can Send you a Pre-paid Visa or something in the Mail so you can get a Hard Drive. >:D

And a GOOD Hard drive. With Windows XP on it. *Sob*

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:55 PM »
I'll take one too, Whales.

[kata]

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Well, My machine is rather old (going on 8 Years) its a 1.2 ghz, we went to the western Digital HD website and the warranties have long passed (2004) and so my buddy wizkid actually believes (and so far hes right) that my hard drives are just dieing of Old age, We put in a spare 15 Gig we had and its all working fine, we did diagnostic checks on my main HD and it Fails completly on the "Raw Read" test and does poorly on lots of other speed tests compared to its normal performance.
the Drive is not completely dead so i can pull off Important and usefull stuff i need!  so its honestly Great news, and then also my comp is getting a Graphics Upgrade, in my comp was a 64 Meg Ge force 2, He had a spare 128 Meg G force FX hes letting me put in there, also im finally making the switch from Windows ME to windows 2000 so i can get the latest Vesions of Aim & MSN and even explorer so... its all good, i should be functioning again at home tonight and have a Better computer.. just not nearly as much Hard drive space..

1 Month ago i had 2 HD's that ive used forever One was a 60 Gig the other a 40... after 8 Years ive Killed them...

Care to donate to the [tkoold] needs a real computer Fondation? in my comp can handle a 1.8 GHZ K7 athelon chip
but at the time i built the machine i couldnt afford it so 1.2 it was..., and then also Spare hardrives over 20 Gigs would easily be a help too! it would all Ensure that im online and visiting the Forum forever!

dude, 2000 can get the shit hacked out of it, just go to XP

and whales, i could take the computer off your hands >.>
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:51:24 AM »
man this sucks.... its about time tkoold you get a new computer

just get a www.dell.com they will no doubt let you get a computer for 20 dollars a month

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 01:41:28 AM »
DUDE I JUST GOT A DELL

[kata]

black death

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 01:09:05 PM »
none of my computers (got 3) have under 100 gigs. O.o
and im using them ALL! ecept one cus its royaly [cen]ed! wich is in my room O.o and im afraid to say its screwed cus then my mother will b**** at me for a long time and stuff... im thinking of seting it on fire.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »
you can always try to fix it.

[kata]

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »
none of my computers (got 3) have under 100 gigs. O.o
and im using them ALL! ecept one cus its royaly [cen]ed! wich is in my room O.o and im afraid to say its screwed cus then my mother will b**** at me for a long time and stuff... im thinking of seting it on fire.

LOL!!!

DO IT! VIDEO TAPE IT! DUUU EEEEET!!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
NO U FIX IT BD! CREATE SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DESTRUCTION!

[kata]

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 08:04:50 PM »
NO U FIX IT BD! CREATE SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DESTRUCTION!
LIES! DESTRUCTION = FUN! :D

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 06:56:17 AM »

dude, 2000 can get the shit hacked out of it, just go to XP

and whales, i could take the computer off your hands >.>

Well i installed all the updates and tons of extra Firewall and Virus/adware protection, it will be good, XP is to much of a hassel for a 1.2 GHZ machine with 512 Megs of ram...

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 08:58:52 PM »
lol I bet!  [beer2]

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG