4M4Life.com

Soul, Chapter one

Offline Ishtarvanii

• I will eat you if you just ask.
Soul, Chapter one
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
Soul. Act: 1

Vampire: a preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse that is said to suck the blood of sleeping persons at night.
Chapter 1: Murders
Year: 2037
The woman’s heels echoed through the streets as she ran as fast as she could, scared and alone which was a very bad combination in the city of Citta Santo. The girl was of about seventeen in age and was only about six months away from her next birthday, she was young and had much to live for but her pursuer didn’t care about these things at all. The young girl couldn’t see here pursuer but she could hear and smell him, the “man’s” yelling and grunting was very loud. She knew where she was going the church was only three blocks away she could see the massive gate that stood at the entrance to the driveway. The effects of her thirty block run were starting to set in; she could feel her body getting weak and she started to slow down. The girls mind began to race as her thoughts of survival filled her head; she began to wonder if she could make it to the church.
But before she could collect all of her thoughts the girl was yanked down and slammed against the concrete pavement. The fall didn’t hurt her but the fear was destroying her mental state, the man on top of her was laughing now he had gotten what he wanted, he had gotten food. “Please don’t hurt me” the girl managed to say despite her being in considerable fear, but the man just laughed louder. The man simply bent down lower to smell her neck letting the girls sent fill his nostrils, the girl was shaking so bad that she looked liked she was having a seizer. But as soon as it began it was over, the man had sunk his fangs into the girls neck to drain her body dry.

John was the police chief of Citta Santo, he was the average Joe in most ways. John had short brown hair and stood 5’8; john was thirty years old and had been a police officer for thirteen of them. He was completely oblivious to the “vampire infection” in the city of Citta Santo; he had been driving when he received the call. It was a normal call for the past few months there had been an escalation in the number of deaths occurring in the city limits. Although most of the calls came from lower Citta Santo occasionally they got call like this one that gave them a reason to visit the upper city. John didn’t like the way Citta Santo was set up; the city was split in two by a river with one side elevated higher than the other. The higher part was upper Citta Santo and there is where the church lied along with the wealthy and privileged citizens of the city. While in upper Citta Santo life was good, lower Citta Santo was another story, it was a scum infested city all the lowest criminals lived in this rotting part of the city. Everyday people were hurt, raped, mugged and stabbed, even the hospital was unsanitary. The police head quarters was there the church wouldn’t let the government build the station in the upper city for they thought that it wouldn’t look right with all the upper class buildings around it.

But there was one place in the lower city that was wealthy, the grand Kalitzburg manor, no one really knows who the owner is, no one has ever seen him. But despite this, many people are seen going into the manor, it would seem like the owners threw parties every week. And even though the church held all the power, they would not go near the manor like they were afraid of it, as if they knew something the police didn’t. In John’s mind they did, the church held all kinds of secrets, the church couldn’t make the laws but it didn’t have to abide by them. But whoever was in charge of the manor controlled the lower city, it was a powerhouse. All the drug lords and gang leaders came to the manor for supplies. But every time the police try to do a raid one of two things would happen, either the church would shut them down or the officers were too afraid. John did remember one raid but it was done by the church and so he didn’t know any details but whatever they were after John was sure they didn’t get it.

He did know that in the raid around one hundred priests were sent and fifty of them died. Almost all of the deaths were at the Kalitzburg manor, but even with all those deaths the church still would not open up to the police at all.
The car raced down the road trying to get to the scene as fast as possible, this is the first call they have received about a girl this young it’s disgusting to think about. How someone could prey on young men and woman is just so evil John thought to himself, the car came to a stop and the officers all got out looking at the crime scene. It was the same as all the others, the body of the girl was laying face down with two bite marks on her neck. John stepped out of the car scratching his head so “so there is no point in going into details we know what happened but what I would really like to know is who keeps doing this” johns voice was strong and demanding he had a good amount of control over his subordinates. The many officers rushed around doing their various jobs trying to find witnesses was the hardest one to do, in the upper city not very many people come outside at night.

The officer second in command was Harold, who was a bit larger and shorter than the rest of the officers and it was widely assumed he had an enormous love for doughnuts. Harold was bald and had glasses and was very proud of his job, “well john it’s the same as always two bite marks to the neck and that’s it really she has bruising on her back and wrists so there was probably a struggle” for a moment john said nothing and started to speak softly “Harold what do you think could have possibly done this” his response came after taking a lot of time to think, “ummm I guess all the rich spoiled teens that run around up here.” John considered this but knew that couldn’t be it and Harold continued “you know sir the weird gothic kids that are all obsessed with blood and stuff” john finally responded to Harold, “I don’t want to think that humans are capable of this sort of thing” the other officers covered the body and one of them came up to john “sir should I call in the ambulance now?” John was about to give the officer the ok but his worst nightmare happened “no need the church has arrived.”

Without a little bit of envy nothing can be accomplished.

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´****Hate`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline Ishtarvanii

Re: Soul, Chapter one
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:57 AM »
sorry couldnt post the whole chapter at once so ill have to do it in pieces, that is if people like this.

Offline Ishtarvanii

Re: Soul, Chapter one
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:20:10 AM »
They all looked up to see a solid black car pull up, stop and for two men to emerge from its sides. Both men wore long black trench coats and each had a long golden chain around their necks with a cross on it, the driver was Derrick he had long hair that was dyed crimson and also had green eyes, as for the passenger he was simply called priest for no one knew his real name. But priest had short golden hair and blue eyes, both men stood about 6’2 and were not smiling, derrick was the first to speak “hello John you can just run along now we can take it from here”. John did his best to remain calm “why can’t you people just let us do our job”? But it was priest not derrick, that responded “well that’s simple it’s because we are so much better at it” John wanted to fight but he knew that would end his job. Because in Citta Santo if you worked for the church you were a god, “alright men pack it up the saints will take it from here.”
And for the next several minutes the police left and derrick smiled “now down to business what do you think the age was”? Priest looked surprised “who the girl ummm 18” but at this Derrick didn’t laugh “ok fine umm id say he’s around 2 years old and I think he was desperate”. Priest looks around the street and then he smell’s it, “and he’s stupid to, he’s still here”. Priest ran down an ally way beside the building that the body was lying next to, derrick looked at the girl’s body with sorrow in his eyes his mind was racing, with one hundred and thirteen vampires dead by my hand, this still happens.

Derrick walked over to his car and ran his hand over the hood, which was lined with bullet holes of past encounters. Flashbacks of all the lives he has saved along with those souls of the people he failed, their images filled his mind. He remembered the cries he heard them scream as the vampires ripped them apart right before his eyes, he could recall all of their faces right before they died. But those were the unlucky ones, most of the people he tried to help were saved, but still, the ones that weren’t filled his nightmares every night until he no longer slept at all. It was true that Derrick hadn’t slept in about two years now and this was for many reasons he couldn’t even try to sleep in the enormous cathedral that was his “home”. In fact you really can’t call the church a church for many reasons mainly because of the size it really was a cathedral and the other main reason was the opposite of what one might think.

Few of the members of the church that hold power really care about god or religion at all; to them it’s just an excuse for unlimited power. But the powerful were few in numbers, there was old man Gibbons, he was the head of the church and wasn’t too far from death himself. Second in command was priest who was the best fighter in the church, no one out did him for many have tried, he was truly a wonder his kill record was more than double that of Derrick. Next in line was Sade who despite being third in power was the most powerful in his own way, his family built the church he was born there and raised there. But Sade hated the church more than anyone he didn’t believe in the concept of a god, to him the church was just an object needed to supply the masses of commoners with the idea of “hope”.

Also a thing to know about Sade is that although he hates the church what he hates more is those he considers to be weak, and in most cases these people are woman. Well to continue, fourth in command is Derrick the by far most unique person in the church, Derrick was born in another church near the edge of Romania. After the tragic death of his parents he was abandoned and because he was “unusual” no one was willing to take him in, until one day a group of travelers who didn’t know of the boys condition picked him up and went to live in Santo Citta. Derrick has lived there ever since, at least he thought. Derrick couldn’t remember anything before age fourteen. Lastly there is Tracy, the only female in a powerful position. Tracy’s life is simple she grew up in a farm town outside of Rome until she was nineteen, a few days after her nineteenth birthday Derrick arrived and took her away to join the ranks of the church.

Derrick could hear grunts and screams of resistance as his mind came back into reality, priest was returning. Priest rounded the corner with the vampire in hand; it was a male of about forty two in human years but had only been a vampire for two of them. The vampire was wearing rags for clothes his shirt and pants being torn and ripped in almost every place, his hair was filthy, full of lice and grease. But his eyes, his eyes were the same as all the rest of the vampires Derrick had ever seen. Once the vampire was before him he could make out his facile features, he had no wrinkles on his face and his teeth were as yellow as the sun. The vampire was laughing now; it was an evil laugh a psychotic laugh, the kind that filled your heart with fear and mind with anger.

“Hello you animal, do you realize what you have done” Derrick plainly asked, but the vampire only yelled out words “killed, feed, survival”. Derrick grew impatient “for your crimes you must also share the fate of your victims I’m not sorry to say this, oh what am I saying just die”. Derrick quickly pulled out his pistol and shot the vampires in the forehead five times. “One hundred and fourteen” Derrick said with a smile and he tucked his gun away in his coat pocket. But the victory was short lived, priest was the first to notice “there is one more, over there” he nodded towards a building seven buildings down. Derrick looked up at the rooftop to see the outline of yet another vampire standing there not moving at all, and right before his eyes without blinking the figure was gone.

What Derrick thought and the vampire was in front of him, it didn’t take long for the event to catch up with the priests. This new vampire was taller standing at around 6’2 and had spiky black hair; his eyes were fire red and his face normal all but for one exception. This vampire had the Roman numeral XII tattooed into his right cheek, he wore a black leather coat with a black pair of leather pants that look as if they had been painted on. “Who are you” Derrick asked plainly, but the vampire just picked up the dead body of the other vampire and turned to leave. “Don’t turn your back on me” and with that said Derrick ran after the man who stopped and a second later was gone letting the dead body fall. The vampire was there again standing less than ten feet away from Derrick, “I am called Lokk” the vampire stated. This was news to Derrick he had never heard of a vampire with a name, “who was he” Derrick asked pointing at the dead vampire. Lokk looked at the body and sighed but he did respond “Nivamorda” and Lokk turned again to leave.

“I can’t let you leave” Derrick stated and reached for his gun, “I understand, but you are too weak to fight me Derrick Ioan” and Lokk’s was gone again. “Priest ready yourself we can’t be sure where he will appe-“Derricks words were cut short for Lokk’s had already reappeared inches away from Derrick and jammed his fist into Derricks gut. The pain Derrick was in didn’t stop there a split second later his forehead was slammed into the knee of Lokk, Derrick fell to the ground out cold. Lokk turned to the barrel of priest’s gun, “you will pay for that vampire” priest’s voice was cold as he squeezed the trigger but to no avail. Lokk was gone again and all priest felt was a sharp pain in his chest, he looked down to see a small golden stiletto deep in his chest. Priest also fell to the ground but he was not unconscious he crawled over to his car all the while bleeding from his stab wound. Once he reached his car door he knew where the phone was so he wouldn’t have to find it, he reached and opened the glove box and grabbed his phone. He looked through his contacts list and clicks the one named Tracy and it began to dial, with a smile on his face priest passed out on the street only feet away from Derrick.