*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: ChickanBone The College DropOut
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
just go back, it's not to late

unfortunately you need that stupid piece of paper to show you went to college to get a good job.

Offline ChickanBone

• Never fear... Chickan is here!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
It's true I'm gonna go back next year!

I want to animate though!!!

I was majoring in Pharmacy D but I changed it to Cell Biology so I suppose it was a good thing but my gpa is going to go down because of it...
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »
i want to animate too!!! if only that is all i did all day, or atleast 8-10 hours a day

need time for exercise, sleep, poop, and food

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:16:01 AM »
I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but if not, go back there and tough it out... Way to wuss out! You've been given one hella great opportunity and to throw it away for something you'll have to to do on the weekends, over the summer, and for the rest of you life after you graduate is kinda lame...
Prepare for sarcasm...

Booowooooooo!!! I have to sit indoors in a terrible air conditioned/heated room with OTHER PEOPLE that I can socialize with, and a person who actually wants to teach me something so i can do something with my life! MY LIFE SUCKS! Life would be so much better in Communist China, where I could make 10 cents a day in a gross labor factory making cheap goods for the other spoiled children in America who are dropping out of school to play video games all day and play on the computer!

:3 Sarcasm over. Yeah stupid choice is stupid; I hope it wasn't loans, grants, or scholarships getting you through school, cause if you really do want to go back next year, you won't have any of those to count on. Loldebtforlife.
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
I never said I wasn't going back addy..

and I wasn't given this lol I payed my way and I'm in debt there is no possible way for me to keep going unless I quit my job and then I wouldn't be able to afford it!

I said on My second post I was going back.

[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »
You better go back. I didn't go to college until I was 20, i took 2 years to find myself waking up in back of trucks in the middle of a busy city. Wondering how I got there?!?!

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 07:16:30 PM »
I know the stories you get stuck and it sucks..

I know I know :(

I don't want to get stuck and I'm going through college. I'm going back just it's hard to afford it for me the Upper and Lower middle class were screwed in this society for college Lower getting Financial Aid and Upper being able to pay their own way where I'm stuck right in the middle with just enough money to pay my way and just in the right spot to not be able to get any FA money :( hard times!
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
How you gonna complain about how its harder for you than lower class? They offer financial aid to middle class, and I'm lower class and couldn't even  afford to APPLY to college, let alone get through it, hence why I'm at least missing 1 semester of college next year; more if things don't pick up. :U Stop taking things for granted, sir complains a lot.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 07:49:01 PM »
I'm Higher middle class I applied 3 TIMEs count them and I didn't get anything I'm not saying it's harder for them I'm saying it's harder for me to get into school than it is for the most of them Hell no I don't have it "harder" in life..

I'm not complaining I'm doing what I have to I'm going to college but It upsets me to see others when I goto class and fail their way out because they think it's "free"..

I'm not hating on the Lower or the Upper but I'm saying it is true In MOST cases the lower and upper will goto college and I've seen many people in my situation who are in debt because they can't afford it I myself am 2000 dollars in debt because of 1 semester just 1! :( I hate to work a fulltime job and I have to goto fulltime school I have to pay off loans that let me goto school I wish I had parents that could pay for me or a government to do so...

I'm only saying some people are more lucky! :( don't hate on me I'm not saying I'm better than you and I'm doing what I have to!
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Its not lucky and you're getting your facts wrong:

"Shifts in federal financial aid policies over the past two decades have made college attendance increasingly difficult for the nation's poorest students. Furthermore, once these students do enroll, they lag far behind their more economically advantaged peers in graduation rates. Because financial aid increasingly emphasizes loans over grants, many poor students are leaving college with debt and no degree, worse off financially than when they arrived."

Howard, Adam, and Arthur Levine. "Where Are the Poor Students? As Conversation about Social Class and College Attendance." Education Resources Information Center (2004): n. pag. Web. 23 Feb 2011.

It's no more difficult for you to get into and get through college than it is them; the percentile of middle class graduates far exceeds the lower class graduates. Upper class of course has it easier financially, but it's kinda lame to say that the lower class has it easier financially than the middle class.

And I didnt say you said you were better, I'm saying you are WRONG. c:  Go back to school and learn you a book, it's probably your last opportunity. C:
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
I am IN DEBT!!!

Why is it some Chick on welfare that has kids day in through day out can send her kids to college so they can flunk out!

I could be studying rather than working!

and I am not wrong

"
Learn what household income is considered upper middle class. Also, learn why it is becoming increasingly difficult to save for a child's education.

The lower class is fine. They receive all the grants and loans for school. So does the lower middle class nowadays. And the upper class has always been fine. So what happens to those parents and students in between who have worked and saved for years, and still can't afford a private school education?

Student Loans for College, the Only Option?
The frustrating part of being upper middle class nowadays is this income bracket falls into a Catch-22. Often times, these wage earners are considered "too rich" to receive any substantial need-based grants or scholarships. Students from upper middle class families do not fall into the "need-based" category.

So what category do they fall into?

The upper middle class is considered professionals who earn either $62,000 a year per person, or have a household income of $100,000. The figures generally depend on factors such as location in the US and cost of living, but these are standard numbers. The cut-off for upper middle class to the upper class is around $350,000 per household.

College Loan Consolidation, Financial Aid Grants Possible?
If an upper middle class family only has one child and s/he goes to an instate school, paying for education may be doable. However, if the family has two or more children, especially if their college years overlap, the government does not take this into consideration. Many times, parents in this social/economic level strive for their children to attend big name private schools such as the Ivy League. Yet, even if the child is accepted, this dream may not be possible.

Thus, the upper middle class student who chooses a private university graduates buried under a pile of debt. For instance, for the 2009-2010 school year, Harvard College costs between $52,000 to $54,800 (and this figure doesn't include books!).

Falling into this tax bracket puts students at risk for receiving no grants or scholarships at all, and this is often what occurs. However, there are ways to work around the system and receive money for education. They involve a lot of research and planning, but if the family is ready then it is their best chance to receive money besides loans.

Receive Government Education Grants When Applying for College, When to Submit FAFSA

This article, Affording College for the Upper Middle Class, discusses the ways in which upper middle class parents can obtain grants and scholarships.

This article, FAFSA Deadline for Fall 2010, discusses the best deadline to submit the FAFSA to receive the most money possible. This is essential for upper middle class families.

This website, White Picket College, is geared toward college funding specifically for upper middle class families.

Families who fit into the upper middle class category are left behind when applying for financial aid. Knowing the facts and planning ahead will help such families to find money for education.

Read more at Suite101: Upper Middle Class Paying for College Tuition: Why College Financial Planning is a Major Burden http://www.suite101.com/content/upper-middle-class-paying-for-college-tuition-a200444#ixzz1EqJ89Npu"
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
I am IN DEBT!!!

Why is it some Chick on welfare that has kids day in through day out can send her kids to college so they can flunk out!

I could be studying rather than working!

and I am not wrong

Addy Note: Hypocritical much, no?
>Send kids to college
>>kids flunk out/drop out
>>>See this topic for example

I would also like to note that articles like the one you posted are allowed to be biased; I posted a study, you posted an article. Yours is biased. Mine is not. And yours is most definitely biased, but let me point out all the problems with this article as I read through it again.

Let me also state the "some chick having kids" had the kids herself and put them in a bad situation, and those kids have just as much right out of that situation as you do, they just need a bit more help...

"
Learn what household income is considered upper middle class. Also, learn why it is becoming increasingly difficult to save for a child's education.

The lower class is fine. They receive all the grants and loans for school. So does the lower middle class nowadays. (Every school has a limited amount of grants and loans they can give out, so only a limited number of students get these; that isn't paying lower class's way all through college, I can promise you that. And loans still have to get paid back.) And the upper class has always been fine. So what happens to those parents and students in between who have worked and saved for years, and still can't afford a private school education? (Excuse me, but what? OH WOE IS ME MY CHILD MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO A STATE SCHOOL OR A COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR EDUCATION! *end sarcasm for now*)

Student Loans for College, the Only Option? (Oh wait wasn't this that thing i just mentioned above regarding lower class having to pay back the loans mentioned above too? Oh lawdy.... Hypocrisy again...)
The frustrating part of being upper middle class nowadays is this income bracket falls into a Catch-22. Often times, these wage earners are considered "too rich" to receive any substantial need-based grants or scholarships. (Note: Scholarships are almost all granted based on an academic, sports or other grounds completely non related to income) Students from upper middle class families do not fall into the "need-based" category. (The system is fair. You are less needy than another person. They also just DONT ACCEPT ANY POOR KID ASKING FOR MONEY! Impoverished kids have to prove themselves academically to get the money they are granted. Why should a poor kid with a 4.0 GPA not get the grant over a middle class hid with a 3.4?)

So what category do they fall into?

The upper middle class is considered professionals who earn either $62,000 a year per person, or have a household income of $100,000. The figures generally depend on factors such as location in the US and cost of living, but these are standard numbers. The cut-off for upper middle class to the upper class is around $350,000 per household. (Again the figured change based on geography to be fair here... not to cheat middle class out of money.)

College Loan Consolidation, Financial Aid Grants Possible?
If an upper middle class family only has one child and s/he goes to an instate school, paying for education may be doable. However, if the family has two or more children, especially if their college years overlap, the government does not take this into consideration. (Yes they do, why do you think they have you list the dependents on the FAFSA and which ones are in college/school? For the heck of it? I don't think so...) Many times, parents in this social/economic level strive for their children to attend big name private schools such as the Ivy League. (this goes back to the snobbish boohoo my kid can't go to private school or YALE OR HARVARD but if we looked at more reasonable schools, they could easily afford it) Yet, even if the child is accepted, this dream may not be possible. (It would be if the kid earned scholarships for themselves by proving themselves academically and through extra curriculars throughout high school! :D You know... the things kids actually get scholarships for that have nothing to do with social class or income? Yeah those things..)

Thus, the upper middle class student who chooses a private university graduates buried under a pile of debt. For instance, for the 2009-2010 school year, Harvard College costs between $52,000 to $54,800 (and this figure doesn't include books!). (Now the idiot is using figures to harvard?! Even some upper class walk out of harvard with a ton of debt! Lets not forget that ivy league offer a TON of tuition grants to anyone who achieves getting in from anything that isnt upper class because they have the money readily available.. the writer of this article is overlooking way too many facts..)

Falling into this tax bracket puts students at risk for receiving no grants or scholarships at all, and this is often what occurs. However, there are ways to work around the system and receive money for education. They involve a lot of research and planning, but if the family is ready then it is their best chance to receive money besides loans. (Oh now you're getting the hint! Getting money for college takes... work! :D)

Receive Government Education Grants When Applying for College, When to Submit FAFSA

This article, Affording College for the Upper Middle Class, discusses the ways in which upper middle class parents can obtain grants and scholarships.

This article, FAFSA Deadline for Fall 2010, discusses the best deadline to submit the FAFSA to receive the most money possible. This is essential for upper middle class families.

This website, White Picket College, is geared toward college funding specifically for upper middle class families.

Families who fit into the upper middle class category are left behind when applying for financial aid. Knowing the facts and planning ahead will help such families to find money for education.

Read more at Suite101: Upper Middle Class Paying for College Tuition: Why College Financial Planning is a Major Burden http://www.suite101.com/content/upper-middle-class-paying-for-college-tuition-a200444#ixzz1EqJ89Npu"

P.S. I'd like to end this by stating that that article was so ridiculously biased and stuck up... That was actually pretty snobby. o.o There is absolutely nothing wrong with a kid going to community college or a state school as opposed to pricey private schools and ivy league...
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

I didn't flunk out.  [nin2]

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
OMG addy wow... and WTF I payed my way into college to drop ONE class Algebra because I couldn't make the test date because of WORK!

The point is I know HANDS on I know way too many people that have graduated from College with NO money and they still get over 6000 dollars after they have payed for school I am left in the negative..

My Girlfriend get's nearly 7000 dollars every semester to take BASICS I have seen it and they have it EASY!!!

She is low looow class!

Bias my ass the truth is the truth!

LOWER class Doesn't have to do ANYTHING to get into college but have their parents fill out papers!
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »
I've seen it too and I can tell you you are wrong unless Texas has some messed up thing; we are all in that age where we are in college or know people in college and I can quite frankly tell you you are just looking for excuses.

They work for it; the article is biased as will either of us be, but that doesnt change the fact that the lower class get the help they need over upper middle class, who have more resources available to them, and that help doesnt even help everyone.

It also works in the balancing scale; lower class go through a lot of trouble and make a lot of sacrifices before and during high school and college that you wouldnt have to take.

Just stop taking everything for granted. c: You're already in college so the debate isn't going to change things whatsoever. Stay in school :Dc
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »
Wtf is your problem you haven't gone through what I have gone through "Excuses" are nothing I'm stating things that are true...

No normal Lower Class person I know is as  [cen] ed up as you are telling me they are Every single one of them is in college with more than enough money to buy jeans..

It isn't hypocritical for me to say anything because yeah We both have to work but I have to work in another way...

this is how it goes down

Lower class shows up at birth Oh my mommy can't support me that's ok when I turn 18 I can get Financial Aid the government can pay for EVERYTHING!!! hahahaha I have 6 Sisters and my own child that means I get way more back with my tax refund more than I put in by tax dollars payed much more for by the higher classes! that's ok because I've been brought up to believe that I don't have to get through college because the  [cen] ing government will pay for everything in my life Oooo Suck on the nipple of our Fat Government!

Middle class the mother saves up (in my case) for 5 children and after gross income she doesn't have enough to afford for me to go to college she makes way more than 50,000 a year but has to support a family of 8 where as my father makes a lot less compared to that I grow up ready for college and my sister and my 2 older brothers have sucked out all of my families income to even START college so I pick up a full time job to save up I save up the ammount needed in ONE year wasted to do so and that is still not enough for me to goto college with Loans included! sending me into debt making me yet again probably going to have to wait ANOTHER year waiting to pay off my debt and save up for another "SEMESTER" of college I haven't even finished a year...

Upper class is born with enough and the Lower classes sucks off of their nipples because we suck!

Equality my ass this country needs to change it's priorities the poor should be poor and the rich should be rich!

Why should I have to pay taxes for lower class people to go to school and to pay for their welfare if they aren't gonna  [cen] ing use it!

So don't give me that bull crap about Everyone has to work.. the lower class will never be middle class ever so they should stop babying them!

and if you are lower class I'm sorry you were born into a crappy scenario but it's not MY fault I shouldn't have to pay for it or watch the lower class get better benefits than I do for doing NOTHING!

I'm not taking ANYTHING for granted because you don't get the POINT I haven't been GIVEN anything to TAKE for GRANTED! XD so please stop Saying that!
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »
tl;dr!
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline ChickanBone

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »
But you can read something too long that I didn't write? lol
ok I understand where the convo was going trolling isn't fun when your being trolled by another person :/...

Tl;Dr is right! :D
[4mdouble][4mdouble]