4M4Life.com

StarCraft II

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
StarCraft II
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
Who, besides me, is ready for StarCraft II?!?  [ssj]
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Re: StarCraft II
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
I suck at Starcraft but I am looking forward to it. I'm more looking forward to Diablo 3.
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
;D I'm ready for bofe!
=D Yay Blizzard Entertainment Games with the exception of WoW
WoW sux, its for the losers of the world, (its steals your soul and is attempting to compete with the devil =X)
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
So i've heard.

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:32:32 PM »
;D I'm ready for bofe!
=D Yay Blizzard Entertainment Games with the exception of WoW
WoW sux, its for the losers of the world, (its steals your soul and is attempting to compete with the devil =X)

I believe so, I really do.

I suck at Starcraft but I am looking forward to it. I'm more looking forward to Diablo 3.

When playing story mode or the little maps, I just cheat. I mean the game still possess a challenge because it's a RTS game. *shrugs*
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »

When playing story mode or the little maps, I just cheat. I mean the game still possess a challenge because it's a RTS game. *shrugs*
Nice Omega.

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »

Nice Omega.

Thanks, Pryce I do what I can. ^_^;;

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »

Nice Omega.

Thanks, Pryce I do what I can. ^_^;;
I see.

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »
But, I am really eager to use some the newest units and features. I really wanna use the Infestor, so I an move him underground. And really use the Brood Lord.  [ssj]

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »
In my opinion, it will seem cool... But it will actually suck playing it. I'm almost positive it won't be as good as Brood War was when it first came out. Adding all these new features will probably imbalance the game for sure. I know they've been trying hard to make it fair, but I don't think it will turn out well.

I'll buy it and try playing it, but I don't think it will replace Brood War for me.

Offline PoWeRpEnGuIn

• im...im...im sad now!! Q_Q
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
A STARCRAFT 2 THREAD WITHOUT ME IN IT? thats like castlevania without dracula...THERES NO POINT!

"but seriously starcraft 2 will be the bestest best best game ever and im bluffin with my muffin so hard right now just thinking about it *-*...."

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 08:13:39 AM »
Ehh, I agree with Red. They don't make games like they used to. They're all so easy now, that it's just not fun anymore. Brood War was EPIC when it first came out. That game... There was just no RTS better (Unless you were a Warcraft f@g), especially in that day and age.

Starcraft was already insane, and then when Brood War came out, I nearly shat myself in excitement. It was the first game I ever played online and is where I came up with the name "Whalesdude" for the first time.

I was the #2 Bounder on Battle.net USA East; my friend being rank 1. It was absolutely awesome. If you ever remember bounds, those things were so fun. I would stay up for hours at a time just playing those things.

The story mode on both games (Starcraft and SC: Brood War) were immaculate. They required both strategy and speed, as well as accuracy (Perhaps a bit o' luck, too) and ingenuity. In my eyes, depending on your skill level, each race was perfectly balanced. However, if you go down to the fundamentals, Terran were probably the weakest, Zerg being the strongest and Toss were somewhere in the middle, simply because they took the longest to build up. But again, any race could be used effectively if you knew the units well.

I personally preferred to use Zerg or Terran just because I was most familiar with those units. Protoss was always too slow for my tastes, so I would only play toss on money ($$) maps, if you remember those. Usually I would lingrush or liskrush with Zerg and just wipe them out early game (Or try to do the most damage possible, early into the match) which usually worked. Terran were fun to fight because I played them, so I knew how they would work, how fast they should be building things, etc. Queens late-game were REALLY fun. LOL. I can't tell you how many times I built up huge swarms of infested Terran and blew up half their base. Funniest shit ever.

Terran, I was big into D. I would build up massive bases, and expand outward to gather resources and try to build battlecruisers (Maybe a valk or two) as soon as possible, with a few siege tanks in back (Protected by fbats and rines). Ghosts were also insane if you had enough nukes.

The game was very nicely balanced, and suited many different kinds of gamers. (Even if the theme was very sci-fi)

I also fear that it will cross the line as far as 'fairness' goes. It looks like another attempt to make ridiculously overpowered things, but put them on all sides, making everything seem balanced... which is not the case.

I'm actually going to read up on it today to see the actual changes they're putting in, (Down to the unit-specific level, as well) and tell you my thoughts.

What I don't understand is, I thought the Zerg won already - Taking over the galaxy and defeating the combined efforts of the Protoss and Terran already. Jim Raynor is dead, along with the Prince... Kerrigan was infected a long time ago. I'm curious to see what Blizzard will develop as far as the campaign goes.

WoW isn't that bad, but many players give the game a bad reputation. I was an obsessive WoW player about a year ago. It was fun, but once you got to end-game content, the game just got really repetitive and boring. They also made the new expansion geared towards "All players", making it too easy. With the new expansion, I've heard it's much harder, but not to the point that I would like it to be. Perhaps a year from now or so, it'll be better. Bottom line: It's not a bad game - People just give it a bad rep. It's also the #1 MMO out there. It's #1 for a reason, guys. Blizzard makes a damn good game.

EDITS:

Holy shit. If they get rid of Firebats, I'm going to scream. Those were my favourite units. I don't see them yet on the website. ;________;

OH MY GOD. THEY COMBINED VALKYRIES AND GOLIATHS. WTF? NOOOOO. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. WHY, BLIZZARD? WHY!?

^^ NEVERMIND. THEY MADE THESE GIANT WALKER THINGS CALLED THOR. HOLY [cen] . THIS THING IS A BEAST. IT'S LIKE RAPE + GOLIATH + MORE RAPE. WOW.

Offline PoWeRpEnGuIn

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
LOL  [cen]  DOUBLE POSTED NOOOO CHICKANS GONNA KILL ME [usuck]

Offline PoWeRpEnGuIn

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 02:16:28 PM »

I was the #2 Bounder on Battle.net USA East; my friend being rank 1. It was absolutely awesome. If you ever remember bounds, those things were so fun. I would stay up for hours at a time just playing those things.
I also fear that it will cross the line as far as 'fairness' goes. It looks like another attempt to make ridiculously overpowered things, but put them on all sides, making everything seem balanced... which is not the case.
What I don't understand is, I thought the Zerg won already - Taking over the galaxy and defeating the combined efforts of the Protoss and Terran already. Jim Raynor is dead, along with the Prince... Kerrigan was infected a long time ago. I'm curious to see what Blizzard will develop as far as the campaign goes.

ahh yes i remember bounds :] they were so much fun *-* my alltime favorite was zelda bound xD

Blizzard is recruiting top korean progamers and many foreigner pro starcraft players to try and test out the beta to fix any possiblities of imbalances, its kinda hard to say the game is imbalanced when its still in alpha stage :P <3

lol silly whales dude, Jim raynor isnt dead, he was one of the few people who made it out alive, The terran that was destroy was that of the UED, not jim raynor or mengsk, and the protoss that was destroyed were those that were lead by Artanis and his followers, Zeratul *if you played the hidden level* he goes off on his own and finds out that duran was actually making zerg / protoss hybrids and he sets off trying to find and destroy every single experiment he can find *which is on like every planet* and it says in the starcraft 2 prequel or w/e i dont remember, but it says that after the destruction of the UED the zerg slipped into a quiet slumber and stopped expanding but stayed to there already infested planets :3

-Lul im a starcraft nerd  [mage]

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
He didn't die? I thought he stayed behind with Tassadar when everything blew up?

Well, that's what I get for not playing the game in 5 years or so.

And yeah, I forgot about the Protoss who survived. They fled to Shakuras or something, if I remember. That I remember, but I could've sworn Raynor died. I'm probably wrong.

I used to love playing girl bound, not really sure why. Zelda bound wasn't bad, either. xD