4M4Life.com

Ask Dr.Know

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
Re: Ask Dr.Know
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
How is solar power made?
Do you mean solar energy as in energy from the sun, or the electrical energy derived by one of any means by artificial or natural devices?
Whatever, I'll answer them all.
  The sun is about 75% hydrogen(H) and 25% helium (He) which is the most common element in the universe consisting of a single proton(+) and one electron(-). This structure makes it highly reactive in that it is quite easy to share valence with other atoms. Under the right conditions, this atom is 'split' and produces massive amounts of energy and radiation. The sun is just such a conditioner, what with the mass (1.989x10^30Kg, approximate) and volume(1.44122x10^18 cubic kilometers). This produces a massive sustained thermonuclear reaction, dumping incredible amounts of radiation into the local solar system. In fact, all the elements (except hydrogen) are forged at the center of such a reaction. There isn't an atom in your body that wasn't made in the heart of some distant long-dead star!
  Now bear with me. I told you that to tell you this. The amount of  raw energy that the sun deposits on earth is about 1,368 watts per meter squared.(this is called the solar constant.) Keep in mind, that's on the very outer edge of the atmosphere. Much of it is in the ultraviolet spectrum and is filtered out by the ozone(O2).
There will be a test on this later, i hope you're taking notes.
Plants use this radiation to make energy for themselves by photosynthesis- they use the energy to decay organic carbon compounds into glucose.
Now how about the artificial means of using this energy? One of several ways. I'll talk about the two most common.
A Solar furnace can be used to boil a shitload of water and force the steam trough a generator, making electricity. Or you can make shit complicated by using a photovoltaic cell.
There are many different kinds of photovoltaic cell- Selenium base, noncrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon, and some sort of amorphous thing that i don't even-
I'm getting ahead of myself. Basically it takes a lot, i mean a LOT, of these cells to create any sort of meaningful power. The sunlight created a chemical reaction in the cells and the energy is converted into electricity.
I gotta go now, if there's anything i missed just ask.

My brain pattern set does not make a reply is still more work to be mean?Are you saying we define ourselves through our interactions and expectations of individuals and think this board and it is harmless, cheesy fun in the second girl who has done that has any comments on like knights of the prisoner in which you have, or are at the same in spirit. But i'm staying here for semantics.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »
How many smileys are on the 4M
You put them there, why don't you tell me?

My brain pattern set does not make a reply is still more work to be mean?Are you saying we define ourselves through our interactions and expectations of individuals and think this board and it is harmless, cheesy fun in the second girl who has done that has any comments on like knights of the prisoner in which you have, or are at the same in spirit. But i'm staying here for semantics.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
Works for me!
Awesome Points: 585

http://wesker.flashcartoons.org

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*Minor Threat*`·¸.´*****
*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline black death

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
Lets say Pinocchio did exist. lets say this picture did happen.
What would happen afterwards?
Awesome points: 100
[refle]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2449/sig1kq3.png[/refle]

Cewt Addy Bunny 6:08 pm
    o.o
    you could whore yourself out

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
What would happen?
picture

Offline black death

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »
What would happen?
picture

That's failing at quotes ( should double check next time you post something), and just plain avoiding the question. this is a hypothetical question, THERE IS NO PINOCCHIO, what does it matter if it's a picture?

lets just say there is such a thing as Pinocchio, lets say he said his nose will grow, what would happen?

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 06:15:51 PM »
After you answer his question you can answer mine =3
I'm more into the world of medicine so that is what my questions will consist of.

A fifteen year old boy is in school, his mouth feels dry and he is incredibly thirsty. He stops at a water fountain and drinks and drinks, but his thirst is unquenchable. He has had this problem for a while now, but thought nothing of it, and when he eats, after eating he feel more hunger than before he ate. Even so, he seems to be losing a lot of weight and is constantly tired. As he turns away from the water fountain, his vision blurs, and his headache, that had previously been but a dull pain, intensifies. That is the last the boy remembers before losing consciousness.

Family background: his grandfather died of a heart attack; previous to dying, his own medical conditions caused him to lose both legs, and be placed in a wheelchair for life.

Based off these symptoms, how would you diagnose him? Be as specific as possible =3
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »
Lol, you are bad at being snide. the quotes did exactly what i wanted them too. See, what i did with those quotes was i used them to point out the fact that there is no picture in your post where you say there is. Also, you clearly don't understand the concept of what science is. This is a philosophical issue. Also, why would i answer your question if you're being a flower power?

Offline black death

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
Lol, you are bad at being snide. the quotes did exactly what i wanted them too. See, what i did with those quotes was i used them to point out the fact that there is no picture in your post where you say there is. Also, you clearly don't understand the concept of what science is. This is a philosophical issue. Also, why would i answer your question if you're being a flower power?

Not up to the challenge? Fine, that just means I know something you don't.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »
=[ And you completely ignored my question.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
I'm more into the world of medicine so that is what my questions will consist of.

A fifteen year old boy is in school, his mouth feels dry and he is incredibly thirsty. He stops at a water fountain and drinks and drinks, but his thirst is unquenchable. He has had this problem for a while now, but thought nothing of it, and when he eats, after eating he feel more hunger than before he ate. Even so, he seems to be losing a lot of weight and is constantly tired. As he turns away from the water fountain, his vision blurs, and his headache, that had previously been but a dull pain, intensifies. That is the last the boy remembers before losing consciousness.

Family background: his grandfather died of a heart attack; previous to dying, his own medical conditions caused him to lose both legs, and be placed in a wheelchair for life.

Based off these symptoms, how would you diagnose him?
There are several possibilities. I would guess he has some sort of parasitic infection like a tapeworm that doesn't allow his intestinal tract to absorb the nutrients from the food.
Failing that, he may have a severe zinc and omega-fatty acid deficiency in his brain wich can muck about with the ability to digest, as well as a horomine imbalace that causes the hormone Leptin to either not metabolise or fail to sythesise entirely.

Now what could cause that is some sort of pituritary malfuction. I'm not too certain of thedetails, becase medicine is nowhere near my feild of study. I'm not house. Sometimes people lose their legs to diabeetus, witch can be hereditary. Something tells me you would know the awnser to this question better than i. Please enlighten me.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
=[ And you completely ignored my question.
jeez, woman, let me get to it.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »

HURR DUR HIZ NOSE ONLY GROW IF LIE BUT IF HE SAYS HIS NOSE WILL GROW AND IT DOES THEN HE IS TELING THE TROOTH BLAH BLAH stop wasting my time.

Offline black death

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »

HURR DUR HIZ NOSE ONLY GROW IF LIE BUT IF HE SAYS HIS NOSE WILL GROW AND IT DOES THEN HE IS TELING THE TROOTH BLAH BLAH stop wasting my time.

You fail my friend. I have a explanation for what would happen, and it does not involve a paradox.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »

There are several possibilities. I would guess he has some sort of parasitic infection like a tapeworm that doesn't allow his intestinal tract to absorb the nutrients from the food.
Failing that, he may have a severe zinc and omega-fatty acid deficiency in his brain wich can muck about with the ability to digest, as well as a horomine imbalace that causes the hormone Leptin to either not metabolise or fail to sythesise entirely.

Now what could cause that is some sort of pituritary malfuction. I'm not too certain of thedetails, becase medicine is nowhere near my feild of study. I'm not house. Sometimes people lose their legs to diabeetus, witch can be hereditary. Something tells me you would know the awnser to this question better than i. Please enlighten me.

The answer is type 2 diabetes due to the boy's high blood pressure. His grandfather did lose his legs to diabetes, that was the only correct part of all that you said; high blood pressure runs in the family, which is why I stated the heart attack (being a common cause of heart attacks is high blood pressure). The first thing any good doctor does when the symptom "unquenchable thirst" is check for diabetes, especially when there is heart disease in the family. The answer would have been plain as day to any medical student given that specific scenario ^^ Good try though! Good try! But once you saw the eating but still hungry after eating symptom you completely disregarded all others.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
We could ague about the sematics of some dumb middle-school riddle, or you can ask me about acual science. Which is what this thread is about. I apologise for mocking you, but please, man, be mature.

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »

The answer is type 2 diabetes due to the boy's high blood pressure. His grandfather did lose his legs to diabetes, that was the only correct part of all that you said; high blood pressure runs in the family, which is why I stated the heart attack (being a common cause of heart attacks is high blood pressure). The first thing any good doctor does when the symptom "unquenchable thirst" is check for diabetes, especially when there is heart disease in the family. The answer would have been plain as day to any medical student given that specific scenario ^^ Good try though! Good try!

I forgot that diabeetus can affect plood pressure as well as insulin/glucose levels. You asked a question and taught me something, Well done!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »

The answer is type 2 diabetes due to the boy's high blood pressure. His grandfather did lose his legs to diabetes, that was the only correct part of all that you said; high blood pressure runs in the family, which is why I stated the heart attack (being a common cause of heart attacks is high blood pressure). The first thing any good doctor does when the symptom "unquenchable thirst" is check for diabetes, especially when there is heart disease in the family. The answer would have been plain as day to any medical student given that specific scenario ^^ Good try though! Good try!

I forgot that diabeetus can affect plood pressure as well as insulin/glucose levels. You asked a question and taught me something, Well done!

I apologize for being rude but "I forgot that diabeetus can affect plood pressure as well as insulin/glucose levels", but holy cow... that is the disease in a nutshell! HOW DO YOU FORGET SUCH THINGS?! -.-

But thank you for accrediting my my knowledge of the medical world =3
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
I forget such things because im still just a human! Also i never studied physiology! I'm a physicist, Not a physician, damn it Jim!