« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
I hope there are no more. :D

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: Sony slashes 8,000 jobs
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »
i want the holodeck like in star trek

better be done by 2015, play gears of war like i was actually there!

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
"Realistic chainsawing! The blood is actually yours!"
Awesome Points: 575

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 02:39:29 AM »
it is kind of wierd... cuz in my life with the 80's you had the Crash of American Consuls Atari and coleco because they held on to Old technology way to long and just had Awful over priced games as well, which gave birth to Nintendo and the 80's progression of Technology was slow enough that that system was Suitable for about 10 years.
but progressivly into the 90's with the tech Boom and other economic factors the SNES and Sega Genis would only see about 6 Years of Life, and the N64 & Seca CD and segas other consuls would barely see 4 years.. and even though the systems would improve this would give way to more complex games, games Kids i think cant quite grow up to.. its kinda like ok sun your 5 you want video games well throw you into the fire and see how bad you are at halo.. or whatever.. now im not going to say the games i grew up on as a kid were easy but... to try and learn and believe and become a video game Master just doesent happen anymore.. atleast i dont feel that way.

Anyways to get back on track to what im trying to say.. Somthing does have to give because with the Xbox 360 and PS3 are about as High quality graphics as any consul is going to be while still trying to run a buisness and allow profitability, and also i dont see how improving the CPU powers and memory and graphics cards of any of the Consuls anymore can amount to better and more fun games anymore.. in a nut shell it all comes to the game writing companies to write great games that swoon the masses.. the consuls are good enough for anything now days..

and Intrestingly enough, i think the Wii is a Little ahead of the curve because its a New Kind of game play that Maybe the Hardcore 17+ crew who wants easy FPS games or doesent want to be active. but honestly the Wii Apeals marketbly better to More sterio types of people its not just kids teens its Familys Young and old and the games are fun Not because of the system specs or the max graphic cababilities its because of a Uniqe new Style of not only how you have to play the games but also a Huge amount of well done complete games full of real life activites with entertaining action.

so i would say for all the Video game consul Corporations they do need a period where they can just rein in profits and not budget so much for the immediate future.. that said someone is likly to jump the gun and the rest will have to follow to not be left in the dust.. i also have to chuckle though Sony has to be laughin its profits to no end that the PS2 may never die, they still release current games for it!

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »
i think the worst thing about how long the gaming industry has been around is KIDS, they know nothing of older games

great games ive beaten on nes, genesis etc, even sega saturn or sega cd

maybe a handful of kids know

im working on a new zombie game that has atari graphics and when i describe it, i say pitfall style and some young'ns say whats pitfall? i almost faint

im very happy i got to grow up as the NES generation and i still love older games to this day, and will always

but i do play new games, and i also want a WII, i bet i could get in great shape playing the wii  [neko08]

Offline black death

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »
lol, WOW! MY ARMS R LIEK A LITL MOAR PWRFUL. It would be better to just go for a run. [neko02]
Awesome points: 100
[refle]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2449/sig1kq3.png[/refle]

Cewt Addy Bunny 6:08 pm
    o.o
    you could whore yourself out

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »
OR SOME PUSH UPS
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

Offline black death

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »
Exactly. 2 push ups would probably be the same amount of help to your arms that the wii would do.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 12:04:33 AM »
Wii is reflexes and light cardio

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »
i think the worst thing about how long the gaming industry has been around is KIDS, they know nothing of older games

great games ive beaten on nes, genesis etc, even sega saturn or sega cd

maybe a handful of kids know

im working on a new zombie game that has atari graphics and when i describe it, i say pitfall style and some young'ns say whats pitfall? i almost faint

im very happy i got to grow up as the NES generation and i still love older games to this day, and will always

but i do play new games, and i also want a WII, i bet i could get in great shape playing the wii  [neko08]

yeah personaly i feel your pain, infact in the anime thread i post my example of what you just said, i mean you talk about zelda now and all people know is N64 gamecube and wii and im like Dude i beat the first 3, and their like whats the first 3?

i remember in like 4-6th Grade i would tell people i played on a commedore 64, and they would all be like what? theres no 64 Bit System or your makin stuff up thats not a computer or they would ask then what the 64 meant, course it meant that the computer had 64K of memory which was Twice as much as the apple computers of the era...

yeah theres so much that was great about video games in the 80's that is just gone now.. and even if you tell kids about them theres not quite a way anyone could understand what it was really like in the past.

because True Arcades dont exist anymore, i mean like chuckie cheeses is the only closest thing but even thats different cuz its totaly geared for young kids age 4-12 and then just the fact that Arcade games cannot be better then anything you can play at home anymore.. and even if some games come close.. they just price you out and want 1$ per play and even back before 1995 all of this was not true and you had Lots of reasons to goto arcades and Arcade games were Overall the best most fun thing you could play and you wouldnt get priced out and Arcades were not just for kids.

another thing Completely Different about video games now compared to the 80's as far as society goes is like when i was 5, i really believe i was a Video game prodogy master, i had been playing video games on my grandmas coleco vision when i was 3, and even played and ran and WROTE games on my dads commedore 64, when i was 5, and my dad bought me a Nintendo for cristmas that year (considered to be my #1 Cristmas gift ever in my life)

but like so i have this nintendo my grandma and parents buy me like 2-3 games over the first couple of years, i rent games every weekend, but like all my friends in the neibor hood, school and even day care (yeah i was at a day care several hours a day till i was 11 and 12.. but my mom worked..) owned tons of games and loved talkin nintendo but really were not great at the games, and id tell people what i could do in such and such games and they would be like Psh Yeah, and i mean some of these guys were like bully type people, but id say OK hand me a controller and within half an hour everyones Jaws would drop, and i would be asked to come over every day to several peoples houses because they wanted to see farther then they could get in the games or see what i may accomplesh next, All of this without todays web giving you video walkthroughs txt faqs and other help ect..

man i have countless stories from when i was as young as 5 to even early 13's cuz people in the know even wanted to see what i did with SNES games, but these type of things dont happen anymore, because Society has changed the friendlyness of neiborhoods has changed and theres other outstanding issues that occure that People never even thought of in the 80's i mean you name it its out there.. and i dont get it theres always been good and bad in the world. but people dont care about the comunity any more and they dont want to know anyone they dont have to and it changes the atmosphere for kids to have friends and what they feel they can do outside in the world.

i mean i would goto my friends houses and they would own games like Mario 2, castle vainia and top gun and countless others and josh this one friend could just get to lvl 3 of castlevainia 1 on a rare occasion, i would come over and get to lvl 5 6 or 7 and if i was real lucky kill dracula, also amongst the 15 or so friends, i was the only person that could Land the plane (Search Youtube video's to see how some people complain while hundreds of people like me post that it was easy lol) and i mean there were days where all my friends would come over to my house they would all bring their games and just want to watch me play see what i could do, my best days to remember was like one day i had some 45 Nintendo games Amassed and it was just fun for me and all the friends to just line them up and go wow we have allot of video games here O_O, and here like untill i was like 15 myself didnt get to own but more then like 12 games but through my mastery and skill had impressed people formed friendships and had access to More games then a kid of a Poor family could have ever aspired to imagine and i would forever blow people away, there was a small window of time, where i had gotten so good and in the whole routine of Zelda 1, that in 25 minutes, i would start a game from scratch, Brand new file and collect all the hearts and be ready for Gannons castle, 25 Min i mean Gawd Damn, sometimes i load up the emulator now and dont have a damn clue how i did it back then.. and i mean i have Hundreds of more stories all anyone has to do is ask and id love pourin my heart out but sometimes words cant describe what things were really like as my child hood anymore because its really become a Different Universe in so many different ways.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
i wish i had a better memory, seriously you add such detail to your experiences.

but now you need to realize you are grown up, a grown man. like me, we are adults. and every generation is going to be differerent. which im okay with

i thought i was a game master in the day too, i had 50+ nes games and i thought they were gold (later to realize they are worth less than a couple bucks if that)

Many of the exact same experinces happened to me, alot. Someone would be playing mario 1, and just loosing. I would wip through it in no time. I even remember telling someone 'if you jump down that hole you go to a secret area' and they would die, lol

Friends would come over to play video games and i would own them all. Being the envy on the block. I think what really has changed everything is the internet. But i love where it has gone, and its only going to get better.

I had the sega channel. For the sega genesis, it was a little box on top of a cartridge that connected to a cable wire. You could play maybe 40 games, and they had sections of video that you could get cheats off of. But it wasnt like online stuff now it was very primitive.

But right now im talking junior high. Before that, ya i had a nintendo. I never had a commodor 64 or atari, infact back then i hated them because I went to arcades with my big brother.

Most games in arcades were better then consoles. (Pinball, projecter games, hey had more to work with in big machines) Not until nintendo came out i ownd a console. My sister had an atari and i destroyed it. She was always a meanie, and i was like  [neko04].

Nintendo was released in Released in 1985, i know i didnt get it right when it came out. Because i was only 4. I think i got it at 6-7

I found an interesting history site. http://www.thegameconsole.com/

They didnt consider the commodor 64 a console LOL, it was just a keyboard computer! lol

WIKI

"The Commodore 64 is an 8-bit home computer released by Commodore International in August, 1982, at a price of US$595. "

"During the Commodore 64's lifetime, sales totaled 30 million units, making it the best-selling single personal computer model of all time."

"For a substantial period of time (1983-1985), the Commodore 64 dominated the market with approximately 40% share and 2 million units sold per year,[3] outselling the IBM PC clones, Apple computers, and Atari computers. "

I was unaware of the commodore until about 7th grade. Which was many many years after its decline.  Around the time of the commodor 64 release, i was more worried about how i was going to get a nintendo!  :furrysmiley069fn:

Offline black death

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
You old people talking about your old game systems.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »
u will understand one day im sure

Offline black death

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »
Like today? sure thing.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »
wow, that was fast  [luigi]

Offline black death

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
You expect little from me. i like to joke around. i do understand what you mean.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 05:34:06 AM »
i should put the C64 Emulator on my thumb drive next time im over kinjo and show you most of my favorite games as a kid i think youll probably be suprised, in some ways it has a better then Nintendo quality, was almost ahead of its time.

also the Whole OS was bill gates first Version of the Blue Screen lol! (he Wrote the OS for the C64 it was his first paid programing job ever) and the screen to the OS comman line is 2 shades of blue as seen in this photo

atleast back then it was not somthing you feared..