4M4Life.com

'Munsters' remake pilot ordered by NBC

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
'Munsters' remake pilot ordered by NBC
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/16/munsters-pilot/?hpt=hp_t3

TV’s original American horror story is taking another step toward returning to primetime: NBC has ordered a pilot of Bryan Fuller’s remake of the classic TV show The Munsters.
The new version of the half-hour sitcom is bring re-imagined by the Pushing Daises creator as an hour-long series exploring how the monster house came about, and will have a darker and less campy feel than the black-and-white original.
The Munsters was launched the same year as the rather similar Addams Family, which goes to show in this season of dueling fairy tale dramas (Grimm, Once Upon a Time) that networks haven’t changed all that much. While Addams was based off Charles Addams’ New Yorker cartoons, the Munsters patriarch Herman was basically a play on Frankenstein.
There’s a couple other projects that could impact The Munsters‘ fate. NBC is also developing a remake of Frankenstein from House producers Garrett Lerner and Russel Friend, while Fuller is working on another monstrous project for NBC

Kinjo note: I just added the original series to my netflix instant que, so when i saw this i giggled. Hollywood, stop bringing everything back for new runs........... How about some originality! lol

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: 'Munsters' remake pilot ordered by NBC
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
its NBC what do you expect.

[kata]

Offline ChickanBone

• Never fear... Chickan is here!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
Well the people who made pushing daisy's is making it.

So hopefully it isn't that bad?
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »
First off, the original Munsters is an absolute classic.

Having said that, I've lost the care about remakes that I held like a torch when I was younger. It used to bother me back then, but now it just seems so routine in the television business that I don't even give a damn anymore. I didn't care when they remade Hawaii Five-O, mostly considering I never watched the original nor intended to anyhow. As much as I'd object to remakes of similar shows like Hardcastle & McCormick, Jake & The Fat Man, and Magnum P.I., I never watched more than an episode or two of them, so a remake wouldn't be a major concern for me. Besides, I've got a college education to focus on.
Awesome Points: 585

http://wesker.flashcartoons.org

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*Minor Threat*`·¸.´*****
*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
some shows are really good on tv today

walking dead, castle, beavis and butthead, human target

i am curious to see Grimm. which technically could be a remake of brothers grimm stuff