4M4Life.com

StarCraft 2 release date announced

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
StarCraft 2 release date announced
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
July 27

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/long-awaited-starcraft-ii-in-stores-july-27/1398084

dozen years after changing the face of strategy gaming, the much-anticipated sequel to StarCraft has finally been dated.

Blizzard announced Monday that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty would be hitting stores worldwide on July 27 of this year.

"We've been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe for many years, and we're excited that the time for that is almost here," said Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO and cofounder.

"Thanks to our beta testers, we're making great progress on the final stages of development, and we'll be ready to welcome players all over the world to StarCraft II and the new Battle.net in just a few months."

It's big news for gamers, who have made no secret of their desire to get their hands on it. Keys granting access to the sequel's beta-test phase were such a hot ticket, they eventually hit auction sites like eBay for a good $300 a pop.

But it's also big news for Activision-Blizzard. Most expected the game to ship closer to the lucrative holiday period rather than the typically slow summer months. By releasing the game at the end of July, the company has ensured very little competition from similar brands. And that could mean some seriously monster sales.

The game's standard edition will retail for $59.99, though die-hard fans can plunk down $99 for a Collector's Edition that includes an artbook, soundtrack, behind-the-scene DVD and a flash drive containing the entire original StarCraft along with its expansion, Brood War.

Big numbers are certainly nothing new to StarCraft: according to Blizzard, the original has sold over 11 million units worldwide. The game has become a national pastime in Korea, proving popular enough to have spawned two television stations dedicated to showing competitive play.

Amazingly, it's not Blizzard's biggest property. That honor goes to World of Warcraft, which will receive its third expansion, Cataclysm, later this calendar year. Blizzard is also working on Diablo III, the third game in their hit role-playing series. It's currently planned for release in 2011.

Kinjo Note: this might be cool, i will try it out, it has been so long though, i think they might be too late

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Re: StarCraft 2 release date announced
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:01 PM »
nah old people know the roots and Young people will like the game and be ignorant to the past, what i find weird or intresting is they will find it competing with itself, the popularity of starcraft will take away from world of warcraft and so will diablo 3

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »
the new diablo now that is something i cant wait for!

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »
lol your funny..

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
I've never been interested in any of blizzard's new games.  [cmon1]

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
Flash... could you help me pirate that game? lol... I'm dead serious though.  [nyoro~n]
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »
which one? and no piracy is the work of terrorism

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:36 PM »
which one? and no piracy is the work of terrorism

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty when it does come out. c:
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline enjoyhappy

• I can't believe they put me in one of these things
    • PlayStation Forums
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Thats 2 days before my bday and sadly as video games are now so high tech my pc is just so low tech><

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 03:30:40 AM »
Just buy a 400$ Dell Duo core machine and put in a 200$ graphics card and youll have a Awesome machine so long as it has 2-4 Gigs of memory thats basically what i did sept it was a compaq that someone else bought from a walmart that didnt want it anymore so he sold it to me very very cheap.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:51 AM »
i bet this will end up on the 360 and ps3
they would be dumb not too

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
possibly, but its not like WOW is on those systems they dont have to cater at all its a 100 Billion$$ corporation.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:18:56 PM »
i haven't played a PC game in so long

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »
once you leave you can never come back!! lols