Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: Red thinks...
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:35 AM »
i used to play games on pc in a lan party or whatever like

unreal, quake, duke nukem etc

it was second nature to use the keyboard and mouse

but once i got a taste of online playing with consoles, i would never go back, plus all my friends are on 360

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
Yeah all of my friends are on the 360.
-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*        Pie      *`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
Every LAN I've been to... Turned out to be just a drinking party. O.0 And I just sit there drinking soda. =_=

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
Lol, our library has a lan party every other Monday.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »
librarys are for girls and meeting girls  [cowb]

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »
-computers die sooner
Do you take care of your computer? I am able to keep my computers running perfectly for years.
-consoles last longer (my nes still works)
 But yet, companies force you to buy new ones because they decide to stop making games for the system.
-computers are made for multipurpose
Wouldn't that make it better?
-consoles are just made for games
 Therefore proving how limited they are.
-computers need upgrading, not always compatible
Yeah, because I would rather pay 400 dollars to get ANOTHER system so I can play video games and just leave the older system to gather dust.
-consoles don't (until the next gen systems come out, but most are backwards compatible)
Again, it sucks when you need to spend 400 dollars to buy a whole "next-gen" system when it's going to become outdated in a couple of years.

-computers cost more

They are capable of surpassing the graphics of a console and do more
-consoles are cheaper
Spending at least 200 dollars on each system to get all the games which are also 50 dollars seems a lot to me. Computers may cost a lot, but they get most of the games which are released for consoles.

-computers use keyboards and mouses - if you use a joystick you need to spend time installing drivers or setting up the controller to fit the game, and not all games will work with your specific controller
What does that have to do with anything? Maybe people prefer to use a keyboard and mouse.

-consoles make controllers that work with all games, no installing, no configuring (unless you want to)
All games? Oh joy, I can play Metal Gear Solid 4 with my Xbox 360!

-i use my computer for making things
Again, its personal preference, just because you use it for making things doesn't mean others can't use it for playing video games.

-i use my consoles to play videogames
Yes, I'm sure you do.

games kill the life of a computer... burn out your hard drives, ram, pcu, video cards etc
So? It happens with consoles too, things can get broken, a console uses parts of a computer to run.

so overall, people who play games on the pc are a dying breed, and should really open their eyes and just play on console
One sided views for the win!

the only thing computers had was networking, now all console systems you can play online
Microsoft forces you to pay money for Xbox live. In addition, its still hard to get on the internet through consoles

-computers can get viruses, and you have to install stupid software to play online (g@y steam, gamespy, etc)
Games that you buy don't give you viruses, and most of those give you the option if you want to install. I've never seen a game that's made me install Gamespy, and Steam games automatically give you a  shortcut and you will never have to see Steam again.

-consoles can just play online
Oh yeah, because you know 15 dollars for Xbox live, getting an internet jack, plugging it into the console, and connecting it into your existing internet connection, which you also pay for is just nothing.

On computers, the option to play online COMES with the game, you just have to have an open internet connection to your computer, and bam, multiplayer.
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »
TABELS HAVE BEEN TURNED

[kata]

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »
everyone should just play videogames on console

preferably 360

i forgot to mention

- consoles have more games

The computer usually gets and if not, eventually the same games consoles do.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »
-computers die sooner
Do you take care of your computer? I am able to keep my computers running perfectly for years.
-consoles last longer (my nes still works)
 But yet, companies force you to buy new ones because they decide to stop making games for the system.
-computers are made for multipurpose
-consoles are just made for games
-computers need upgrading, not always compatible
Yeah, because I would rather pay 400 dollars to get ANOTHER system so I can play video games and just leave the older system to gather dust.
-consoles don't (until the next gen systems come out, but most are backwards compatible)
Again, it sucks when you need to spend 400 dollars to buy a whole "next-gen" system when it's going to become outdated in a couple of years.

-computers cost more

-consoles are cheaper
Spending at least 200 dollars on each system to get all the games which are also 50 dollars seems a lot to me. Computers may cost a lot, but they get most of the games which are released for consoles.

-computers use keyboards and mouses - if you use a joystick you need to spend time installing drivers or setting up the controller to fit the game, and not all games will work with your specific controller
What does that have to do with anything? Maybe people prefer to use a keyboard and mouse.

-consoles make controllers that work with all games, no installing, no configuring (unless you want to)

-i use my computer for making things
Again, its personal preference, just because you use it for making things doesn't mean others can't use it for playing video games.

-i use my consoles to play videogames
Yes, I'm sure you do.

games kill the life of a computer... burn out your hard drives, ram, pcu, video cards etc
So? It happens with consoles too, things can get broken, a console uses parts of a computer to run.

so overall, people who play games on the pc are a dying breed, and should really open their eyes and just play on console

the only thing computers had was networking, now all console systems you can play online
Microsoft forces you to pay money for Xbox live. In addition, its still hard to get on the internet through consoles

-computers can get viruses, and you have to install stupid software to play online (g@y steam, gamespy, etc)
Games that you buy don't give you viruses, and most of those give you the option if you want to install. I've never seen a game that's made me install Gamespy, and Steam games automatically give you a  shortcut and you will never have to see Steam again.

-consoles can just play online
Oh yeah, because you know 15 dollars for Xbox live, getting an internet jack, plugging it into the console, and connecting it into your existing internet connection, which you also pay for is just nothing.

On computers, the option to play online COMES with the game, you just have to have an open internet connection to your computer, and bam, multiplayer.

What a desperate attempt...

-consoles last longer than any computer, and yes i take care of my computers

-you buy a new console what every 4-5 years, that is longer than most computers life spans (even you who have mastered the maintenance of your computer)

-you can sell older systems when new ones come out on ebay and still make alot of money back

-With the new videocards for PC's they come out with every few months which are *AHEM*, the cost of a console system for the highest quality video card, no different then buying a new console

-Keyboards are ment for typing words

-PC's parts die faster when used for gaming, surfing, viewing videos, working in photoshop etc, when consoles only are for games, so last alot longer

- Xbox live is only 4 bucks a month, online mmorpgs are like 10-15 a month *COUGH* WOW NERDS *COUGH*

- So you never see steam again, its still running in the background and wasting space on your hard drive, using resources, killing your pc's life

You can fight this fight, but you will loose, more people playing consoles then games on pc. Just face the facts

Oh and console games come out sooner, you have to wait to get them on PC months to years later.  [cowb]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 08:41:45 PM »
everyone should just play videogames on console

preferably 360

i forgot to mention

- consoles have more games

sorry your wrong, the PC gets about 50-60% of console games

when i talk console PSP, DS are included

and if you mention roms, then i must mention the possibility of being caught for pirating which is high now a days

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »
uhh, kinjo? My first computer still works... and that thing is like.... oO bout 10 years old... its pretty outdated, but it still runs....
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »
Can you run games on it?

- Even if you take care of your computer space gets taken up, hardware and software get outdated.

But yet, companies force you to buy new ones because they decide to stop making games for the system

- All three game company's said they will only expand apon the consoles out now, and we can only expect new ones in 2012.

- No, it wouldn't.

- Limited to good old household fun?

- Every 5 - 7 years?

- Again, it's not a "couple" of years more like 4 - 7 and that's cheaper tan 200 dollars every 5 - 6 months.

- So you are against expanding, but you don't like new consoles?

- Spending 2000 dollars on a new computer and 50 dollars each game.

- Only about 40% of games on consoles are on computers.

- Majority of people don't.

- Oh joy, I can go play Call Of Duty 4 on my Mac!

- At least I have a warranty, and cheap ways to fix it.

- Look who's talking.

- No harder than a computer, I don't mind at all to pay money to play online. And, just Xbox360 makes you pay.

- It's not that games give you viruses, just everything else.

- I still need a ethernet cord to plug in my computer.

- Same with most consoles.

- It took 5 years for Halo 2 to come to computers.

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
-you buy a new console what every 4-5 years, that is longer than most computers life spans (even you who have mastered the maintenance of your computer)
I still have and use computers from 2001-2, still works fine, little slow at times, but it works fine for daily use.

-you can sell older systems when new ones come out on ebay and still make alot of money back

You can do the same with computers, Ebay sells everything.

-With the new videocards for PC's they come out with every few months which are *AHEM*, the cost of a console system for the highest quality video card, no different then buying a new console

You're not forced to play games at the HIGHEST quality they come in, its just a possibility if you want, you can play plenty of games with a medium to low grade video card.

-Keyboards are ment for typing words
And people have created an amazing way to play games with it, allowing for keyboard shortcuts and customization to your liking, (ie. the F buttons, the numbers, etc.)

-PC's parts die faster when used for gaming, surfing, viewing videos, working in photoshop etc, when consoles only are for games, so last alot longer
But the ability it gives you makes up for what consoles lack, and if this is true, then consoles like the PS3, PSP, DS Lite and Xbox will have the same fate, since they are implementing things such as video and picture capabilities onto it.

- Xbox live is only 4 bucks a month, online mmorpgs are like 10-15 a month *COUGH* WOW NERDS *COUGH*
I'm not specifically talking about WoW, there are computer games that give FREE online multiplayer

- So you never see steam again, its still running in the background and wasting space on your hard drive, using resources, killing your pc's life
You can close it, and it restarts when you run a game, its not being forced to stay on, its the owner's fault for keeping it on and killing your system.

Oh and console games come out sooner, you have to wait to get them on PC months to years later.

Some, yes, but most of them are released along with the PC as another platform.

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 09:45:52 PM »
Now you are contradicting yourself Shin.

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »

How?

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

How?

-computers cost more

You're not forced to play games at the HIGHEST quality they come in, its just a possibility if you want, you can play plenty of games with a medium to low grade video card.

But the ability it gives you makes up for what consoles lack, and if this is true, then consoles like the PS3, PSP, DS Lite and Xbox will have the same fate, since they are implementing things such as video and picture capabilities onto it.

Offline Tomp45

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
It's a debate, not a argument.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
now we have a great discussion!
GAME WARS!

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
Well said Chickan!

i don't know whose fighting for what anymore tho... so i'ma just throw in my opinion... o.o

i remember when i was little me, both my brothers, and our friend Tim, all used to play Diablo 2, in the same house and everything together. And we always got yelled at because we would yell up and down the stairs at each other when we talked to each other xD

On consoles you can attach multiple controllers to one system so when you play multiplayer mode you dont have to take turns or have a whole bunch of computers. Me and my brothers like to play zombie killing games on our gamecube, and we we can talk without yelling... We could have always typed to each other when playing d2, but thats not easy when you are taking down Mephisto, and if you stop to type, you are killed. o.o

in a similar way, when playing online, its WAY easier to communicate with a keyboard than tryin to spell tings out on a 360, not to mention computer mics or way cheaper than 360 mics. Also, some games for consoles i find terrible for a computer, because its just not the same as playing with a controller, but also games for the computer i usually find should NEVER be made into console games, because again, they are better played with mouse and keyboard (sims, diablo 2, starcraft, warcraft [And no not friggin WoW; that game sux no matter what you play it on], and similar games).

I'm just gonna say I really don't have a preference...

^ coolest game ever... i always play as the judge.. =] cuz i'm just awesome like that
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »
hey, this is the most popular topic in this section!! good job red!  [ssj]