4M4Life.com

Sony slashes 8,000 jobs

Offline black death

Re: Sony slashes 8,000 jobs
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »
Tkoold, in no way do i beleave that a GAME SYSTEM ditermines who is cool and who is not. most people these days are "in the closet" gamers, people beleave they are nerds for liking games but even the people who call them nerds play just as much games as them. also the xbox 360 went WAY down in price. This will mean that the PS3 will do the same to keep up with it's competitors. i'll soon get my ps3.
Awesome points: 100
[refle]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2449/sig1kq3.png[/refle]

Cewt Addy Bunny 6:08 pm
    o.o
    you could whore yourself out

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
I have a 360 and if I wanted to be more primal I would have got the chop suey that is the ps3, and its terrible graphics. Its plain mediocre and bland plus all that it had going for it they threw over to my system.
Final fantasy, GTA, and resident evil... nothing good about the system anymore.
 [panda]
Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »
I dont play games for coolness, or really to play along side anyone. I play to be entertained by storyline. [neko09]

[kata]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »
and thats exactly what has changed since the 80's era
its changed so much its somthing incomprehensible

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »
I love storylines (otherwise why would I be Rping) but You have to visualize that story now and the ps3 just can't do that. for me and any other true hardcore gamers.
Meager retentions as your heart weep…. I cry for my heart bleeds with every tear you shed and every hardship that you encounter. My blood is of the martyr and of him his myrmidon leads us to victory…………..

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
yeah i suppose but again that means the Games suck not necesserily the hardware no one really knows whats the best the PS3 can do yet, now i will say it probably does and has costed more then it should but its supposedly because it has the best hardware or atleast hardware worth the money now none of thats good if the programs dont utilize it and i dont think an iconic game has yet been made for the system i mean no one knew what FF7 was or how it would change our feelings and revolutionize the moving forward of how we see and compare the future video games and whats good bad and ugly and no one felt sony could do what they did before that game and many other amazing hits by konami and other game programing companies that had soly been Loyal to nintendo before jumping to sony.

whats hurt sony in this manner is that it doesent have its PS3 Identity and its taken to long for the ball to get rolling and feel it has somthing better that someone cannot get with the other Systems, as long as big games are released on 2 or all of the platforms it would be unusual that the the PS3 could gain some seperation or get people to say i have to play it on the PS3, i feel that with the PS2 you needed a PS2 to play Guitar hero and Guitar hero 2 you NEEDED it to play during the beginning of that games franchise it was not on Xbox or 360 for quite some time, Kingdom Hearts PS2 or nothin, and so many other games.. What PS3 needs is a Line of Games Everyone wants and Does not have to immediatly share with everyone, and Xbox Knows this game and has manipulated it such that they Beat sony at it and Microsoft even discraces the loyal PC gamers from whence bill gates has his money by keeping Halo to its self and even making PC users wait a year to 2 years for games microsoft could make just as easy on its own operating systems as for the system they make themselfs.

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
Its just a matter of time before Microsoft gets Kingdom Hearts, they get it all.... [neko05]

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »
lol as every video gaming empire seems ongoing forever somehow microsoft will come to an end, no one can fathom now how but.. somewhere the corporation will make some mistakes and things will faulter

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
i dont think microsoft will ever fail, i just wish they would stop shipping jobs overseas

them and apple

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
Maybe after Bill gates dies but thats not in my gaming life time.

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2008, 12:48:12 AM »
What the problem with the PS3 is, is that it's released FAR too early. The system shouldn't have even come out, but it was practically forced and also rushed to release, simply because of the competition. If all game companies made games to "have a wonderful and exciting story line", then there would be like 10 games a year and the companies wouldn't make any money. But, by making games to appeal to people, that are half-assed and MAY trigger some sort of recognition, and making tons of those? You're talking big money there, and that's what the video game industry has become.

I sort of feel like you do, tkoold, only I'm not as old. I remember being 4-6 years old, playing SNES, Atari and N64, all at once, really. My cousin was a big gamer, and he's... 19, now? Yeah. 19. He had all these amazing games I remember playing, Chrono Trigger/Cross being my favourites. I was also VERY good at them. I became good because my cousin was good, and in order to keep up with him, I had to play harder and better just to beat him, or get even. We both had the OLD gameboys, the big fat grey ones, and eventually upgraded to the Gameboy Pockets and further into the Gameboy Colours. Eventually, because I had no new gaming systems besides a gameboy (I had an SNES), when I was about 6 or 7, I got an N64 from my Aunt for Christmas. I felt the same way you did, tkoold. Everyone was like, "Oh you got the N64! I want to come over and play it!", and when they did, I'd school 'em. I was the best Super Smash Brother's guy around, and my cousin and I were one of the first people to discover how to beat Mario 64 in under an hour. Needed tips on Harvest Moon 64? I was your man. The thing I noticed though, when I played the older games, on my SNES, it didn't seem as amazing to everyone. They were all interested in who was best at the newer games, not the older ones. I was amazing at the old school mario games, especially on the gameboy. Tetris? Loved it. Got massive highscores on that one. But for some reason, even as I got better as a gamer, it just seemed less and less amazing to people. When I still had my SNES, at around 12-13, my mom had a brilliant idea that I wasn't using it anymore, so she sold it at a yardsale for 30 bucks. Can you believe it? All my games, plus the extra controller. Gone. 30 bucks. She almost did that to my N64, but I stopped her as she was trying to unhook it.

Hell, I even remember going to the arcades with my dad, and my cousin/uncle when I was up there. We'd go there for hours playing tons of games, like Frogger, Pac-Man, Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Galaga, Solomon's Key, Centipede, Street Fighter... Tons of old titles. I miss the old days, man. The 90's were great. It just feels like it's getting worse.

Here's my theory on why I'm slowly seeming to get worse at games: Games are slowly being more open to everyone. As the game systems get more complicated and high-tech, the game itself must be made easier, and the window of success must be made wider. With this being said, a typical gamer could easily beat the storyline of a new game coming out today, however it actually took lots of skill to beat a game like Castlevania or Super Mario. If you didn't know what you were doing, you couldn't do it. There were no strategy guides, no "Gamefaqs", just skill. I find that today, this easy base for information (The Internet) as well as games gradually becoming easier and easier, (Dumbing down so that everyone can play games) is triggering gamers like me and you, to start losing their luster.

It's depressing. Very depressing.

Offline black death

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
I have a 360 and if I wanted to be more primal I would have got the chop suey that is the ps3, and its terrible graphics. Its plain mediocre and bland plus all that it had going for it they threw over to my system.
Final fantasy, GTA, and resident evil... nothing good about the system anymore.
 [panda]

What are you talking about!? it is said by EVERYONE that it has the best graphics. that is NOT an arguement. it runs with blueray, and blueray is better than HD. it HAS the BEST graphics.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2008, 02:01:37 PM »
dang whales thats an awesome story, 30 bucks.. dude your mom got ripped so bad.. you can sell SNES for like 100$ if you have games and everything.  [neko07] i still have all my gameboy games i managed to amas over 10 years.. i have like 30 of them, its why i only own like 6 gameboy advance games, lol just play GB on the advance..

yeah its kinda funny now, my mom has a wii and now about 10-15 games and will increase by like 6 or so after cristmas, the games are fun but because they are action based and require arm movements and fitness its a new challenge and sometimes hard, but they are fun.

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
UHHH I don't really care what "everyone else" says Its what I think that counts! LOL J/k
But coming from A hardcore teen gamer just because they have blueray doesn't mean they use it! Tell me one game that looks so much better than the 360's games and I might agree but so far the 360 has been busting their ass using the HD that they have and yes they make their games look tons better.
TEN TONS OF FUN!!!
 [ele2]  [ele3] [ele]

Offline black death

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
UHHH I don't really care what "everyone else" says Its what I think that counts! LOL J/k
But coming from A hardcore teen gamer just because they have blueray doesn't mean they use it! Tell me one game that looks so much better than the 360's games and I might agree but so far the 360 has been busting their ass using the HD that they have and yes they make their games look tons better.
TEN TONS OF FUN!!!
 [ele2]  [ele3] [ele]

dude, every PS3 game uses blueray. if you look at the tops of the games it says blueray. the games are blueray disk. also, 360 does have good graphics. ps3 may not have better graphics than 360, but they are NOT worse than 360.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »
thats what you just said then you took it back and now your saying in again???
Like I said just because they have blueray doesn't mean they are cranking out their best like the 360..

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
sony doesnt really make games, whats sonys most popular character? crash bandacoot?

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
Nintendo and Microsoft have plenty of "Hero" Characters that are present in many games that they use.

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »
Dante, Kratos (from god of war), Tydus and yuna plenty of others but thats who come to my mind when I think of sony heros.
Hope I spelled those right.
 [nsad]

Offline black death

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »
dante is  [cen] in kickass.

o.o

_███_
(ಠ_ృ)