4M4Life.com

Pryce's Anime Review: Hidamari Sketch

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Hidamari Sketch
« on: October 25, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »
Title: Hidamari Sketch (Sunshine Sketch)

Genre(s): Comedy, School Life

General Info: Yuno has just begun school where she always wanted, Yamabuki High School.
She moves out and into an apartment by herself in a complex called Hidamari-so, which is right in front of the school. There, she meets a classmate, Miyako, and a senior student, Hiro. Yuno`s days become hectic as she begins meeting the strange artists that live in her complex. Although she`s not used to her new life style, she begins to actualize her dream while being with these gentle friends.

Number of Episodes: 12
Original Run: Jan 11, 2007 to Mar 30, 2007

Sequel: Hidamari Sketch x 365 (Sunshine Sketch x 365)
Number of Episodes: 13
Original Run: Jul 3, 2008 to Sep 25, 2008

Sequel: Hidamari Sketch x (Sunshine Sketch x)

Characters:

Yuno: Yuno -- sometimes called Yunocchi by Miyako -- is a young, playful girl and main protagonist of the story. She lives in the Hidamari apartments, along with her close friends and neighbors Miyako, Hiro, and Sae. Her friends think of her as a very nice person. Yuno dreams of being a great artist someday. Although she is a skilled artist overall, she considers painting and drawing her specialties.

Miyako: Yuno's classmate and good friend. She's very strange, but a very likable person. She has very good ears and is good at imitating other people. She is notorious for her appetite and love for food.

Hiro: Hiro is a year older than Yuno and Miyako, living directly under Yuno's apartment. Although she tries to be a supportive senpai to the girls, she tends to worry excessively about her weight, causing her to go on diets for periods while occasionally binging on sweets. A childhood friend of Sae, she is one of her neighbor's principal sources of support when she's involved with a deadline or other crisis.

Sae: Sae is an upperclassman and good friends with Hiro. Her artistic specialties are photography and fiction writing; she writes fiction professionally under a pseudonym and enrolled at the school specifically so she could learn how to illustrate her own work. Sae, who is tall, athletic, and generally mature, has a playful side that can be at the same time enigmatic and cutting; she has a habit of giving Yuno just enough warning about potential problems for the younger girl to fail to avoid them. She also has a fondness for playing detective when faced with such anomalies as Miyako's apartment. She tends to get upset when Miyako refers to her as having masculine qualities. She also gets very uncomfortable when asked about her love life, frequently inventing a history for herself that even cursory examination would show to be absurd, while blushing furiously.

Opening:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jznc645X8Nc[/youtube]

My Review: Hidamari Sketch is a very interesting series with it's 4 main character's distinct personalities blending into a well executed, laid back, and genuinely funny comedy.

My Rating: 4.5/5
Bread Eraser Included?: Yes, at least until Miyako eats it.
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Pryce's Anime Review: Hidamari Sketch
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:46:24 AM »
Good review again; sounds interesting.
Also, I've seen that opening before, i just cant recall when, why, and where,,,
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.