4M4Life.com

Uncharted movie, Fillion rallies for role

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Uncharted movie, Fillion rallies for role
« on: October 15, 2010, 06:05:37 AM »
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/russell-to-direct-uncharted-movie-fillion-rallies-for-role/1414417

Look out, Indy -- a new cliffhanging treasure hunter is headed to the big screen, and he's got plenty of chops. At least, he does if his video game experience is any indication.

The adventurer is Nathan Drake, star of the two smash hit Uncharted games for the PS3 -- and soon to be coming to a theater near you, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Sweetening the pot for fans of the game is news that acclaimed filmmaker David O. Russell ("Three Kings," "Flirting With Disaster") will both write and direct the adaptation for Columbia Pictures.

But who will play the lead role? That's yet to be decided, but if fans had their way, it would likely go to another Nathan: Nathan Fillion, who also happens to be a dead ringer for the video game character. And the 'Castle' star thinks it's a pretty great idea, too.

"If ever there was a Twitter campaign, let this be it," Fillion tweeted to his half-million followers, linking to a news story about the Uncharted movie news.

He sure seems like the perfect match on paper. While there's been no word how closely the film -- currently dubbed "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" -- will follow the events of the first game, it's bound to be jam-packed with loads of precarious leaps, frantic shootouts, and a healthy helping of smart-alecky one-liners. In other words, exactly the stuff that made Fillion a man among geeks during his brief stint as a Han Solo-like spaceship captain in the short-lived sci-fi series 'Firefly.'

Not everyone is hoping Fillion lands the role, however. Nolan North, better known as the voice of Nathan Drake (among countless others), sees dashing tough guy Hugh Jackman as the best fit for the part.

Who do you think would make the best Nathan Drake? Fillion? Jackman? Someone else? Let us know in the comments.

Kinjo Note: I have never played Uncharted, but only hear good things about it. Probably be the first game I would buy if i got a ps3.  But I do know the actor who wants to play the main character, he's in the show Castle, which I do like. Good actor, I would see this.

Offline Skelzor

• I disagree with this agreement
Re: Uncharted movie, Fillion rallies for role
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »
Both games rocked, but I'm gonna pass on the movie. Movies based on games or vice versa almost never turn out good. But, who knows? They may suprize me.

Offline Wesker

• Veronica Hates Me
    • Marv The Zombie
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
Uncharted 1 & 2 are excellent games, and Nathan Fillion unquestionably deserves the lead role in the movie.
Awesome Points: 585

http://wesker.flashcartoons.org

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*Minor Threat*`·¸.´*****
*******`·.¸(¨`Forever·´¨)..·´*******
**************`·.¸.·´************

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »
I'd assume it would be similar to the Tomb Raider movie, in terms of action/adventure.

[kata]