4M4Life.com

The Starchaser

Offline Soloxius

• H̻͡E̒ͤͦͨ C͐ͩ͗̚O̿Mͪ͊ͫ͊͌̓ͮĚS͌͗
The Starchaser
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:18 AM »
In the somewhat distant future... Humans have achieved reliable space travel. Faster-than-light drives are now commonplace in space vessels all over the universe, allowing travel and trade between Earth and any other planet it can reach. Mankind has encountered thousands of different cultures and races, most with their own quirks and strengths. A few months ago, there was even rumors of magic being discovered. There's just one little problem with this Utopian dream...

The universe is trembling with fear. The unstoppable menace known only as the Plauge is raging through the cosmos, claiming planets left and right, leaving naught but corruption in its wake. Their taint upon life itself is forced upon any who cross their path, and leave none unassimilated. Created by injecting living beings with the Plague DNA, the Plagulings are an odd amalgamation of any useful species the Hive has come across, only twisted into shapes befitting their roles. The entire Hive is under the control of an as-of-yet-unnamed being, someone who has a strong enough willpower to control the entirety of the Plague and keep its warriors in line.

Opposite these monsters are the Starchasers, a secretive group formed at the onset of the threat to combat these horribe creatures and their eyesore of an existence. They are made up of bits and pieces of many races of the universe, and are constantly on the lookout for better ways to stave off the infectious Plague. It is rumored that those within the group are able to use magic to fight. Their mark is a small star, usually located in an area easy to show and easy to hide, such as an upper arm or on the chest, or typically above/opposite the heart. They are always looking for new recruits, and do so through specific operatives on each planet.

There have been claims that the Plague are headed towards Earth itself, to gain a stronghold with which it will lay siege to that sector of the galaxy. 6.7 billion people will lose their lives if the Plague is allowed to reach the Earth. There are also rumors that a particular exile might know of a way to stop them...

There isn't much time. The Plague must be stopped.

((Info on crafting your bios is in the Bio thread))

((EDIT: So I realize my intro post isn't big and fancy, with colored text or large picture maps (though those might come into play later :O), but I'm fairly serious about my revamp of The Starchaser. If anyone has any interest at all in participating, please PM me saying so, and perhaps even a brief summary of the character you might make for it. Doing so allows me the ability to plan specific plot points geared toward specific characters, therefore allowing more integration of players into story, and therefore a more immersive experience. If you yourself are not interested, but know someone who might be, please tell them about it and/or direct them my way. Your help is much appreciated! :D))
15 Awesome Points and counting...

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*   Everyone  *`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline Soloxius

Re: The Starchaser
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:32:29 AM »
Players Accepted So Far:

-Skelzor
-Addy

Woot.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »
Cold. Cold unbearable. From naught but the small cooling device he kept on hand as a memento of his old life. He switched the device off and it became a comfortable 90 degrees in his living quarters once more. "Ahhh~ Much better," Zarius said happily. "Stupid cold." He glanced out the window. A planet eased its way by, an icy orb of cold. The new autopilot he'd found was working marvelously. And so cheap! The black market really was the way to go around these parts. Soon he'd be back on his homeworld, the place he'd been sent away from all those years ago. He'd find them this time, and join them, if it was the last thing he did!

Pyronia. One of the few inhabitable worlds in the Elemental System. Well, barely. But there were parts of it scattered all over that you could comfortably live in, build a house, farm the land, raise a family, that sort of thing. This wasn't Zarius's way of life, though. His was the drifter lifestyle. Doing odd jobs for various companies throughout the galaxy to make a living. All leading up to this. Home. He couldn't wait to get in the hot springs~ Soak up all that heat... He shivered. Too damn cold in space.

Offline Skelzor

• I disagree with this agreement
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 02:23:01 PM »
Dante sat opposite his son. He hadn't seen Cole in three years, due to his probation. He had joined the pyronian resistance only a week ago, and his family had to sneak from a human embassy just to join him in their underground complex.

The resistance was small, only twelve members dedicated to driving humans off of pyronia. Dante was the only human. They were not known well, Dante only knew them because he had spied on them when he was a marine. Well, the less known the better. If the plague isn't just a rumor then it would be easier to stay out of their sight and reach. And if they pass pyronia, the resistence still fights for a worthy cause. Cole once asked why his father hated his own kind, and he replied; "we are greedy, taking planets that aren't ours, thinking we can kill anyone we want, the resistence and I beg to differ." Cole never asked that question again.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »
Sol. The other name for Earth's sun. He too had been called this once, when he was exiled from Pyronia. Back in the days when he fought for his people's rights... and killed those who opposed. Zarius shook his head. "Why am I thinking about the past...? The present is all that matters now!" He glanced out the window again. This time it was the home of the Ethers, that immense tribe of psychics and seers. They spread out throughout the worlds, easily making their income. "Me? I had to do backbreaking labor, make fire the normal way... All to keep from dying of hunger, or worse.. Hmph."

He glanced at his watch. It'd be morning when he landed outside Cendia, the largest city in the area he'd be exploring. Hopefully someone would know about the Starchasers, and be able to help him. The big crowds would help him hide from any guards, as well. The proper hiding place for an exile. He touched his chest opposite his heart. Hopefully no one would see the mark left from his exile... Throwing on a shirt and some trousers, Zarius headed to the cockpit. "G'mornin', Sheila. How're we lookin' today?" he asked his AI unit.

"Systems optimal, sir," it replied in a smooth European accent. "The new hardware has been integrated successfully. System failure chances are minimal. Hopefully it'll stay like this for a while, Sol~" "I thought I told you not to call me that anymore." "Old habits die hard, as they say," it said cheerfully. "Yeah yeah, just keep it to a minimum, alright? Don't want to blow my cover and get you hauled off to be scrapped, right?" he said with a mischievous grin. The AI was silent for a few moments. "That's not funny, Sol."

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »
The leader of the pyronian resistence, Dermian, pulled Dante away from his son. "Listen Dante, I know you joined this group just to protect Cole," he began "but it don't mean you won't need to contribute."
  "About time" Dante joked, "What do you need?"
 "We have a contact in the Capital, we haven't heard from him in an entire month. We want you simply find him and see what happened. His name is Peserain, and he lives in the celler of the Weapon's depot."
"The Capital, that place is full of human military. I'll be ripped to shreds!" Dante exclaimed, "They'll recognize me on sight!"
"Then stay out of sight," Dermian said, frowning "If you want to stay in this group, then you're doing this!" Dante grabbed his bag and walked out of the complex without saying a word.

Dante was walking a hundred miles on the hottest planet in the galaxy, nonstop. "Steal a car" he thought. To bad he was walking without roads.

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 11:40:27 PM »
The metal was cold and lifeless, a hunk of welded chunks of metallic elements forming a ship capable or withstanding the conditions of space. It was at rest, within the Peace Corp. base, plagued with officials, in their matching uniforms, like drones. All were just drones, doing their jobs, like machines, and not thinking more into it. That's what repetitive jobs at the Peace Corp became. As people came to do the same things each and every day, with the same way, with the same people; it became a matter of mindless labor. That wasn't Chiyoko's circumstances as a member of the Intergalactic Peace Corp. Every day was packed with new experiences, as was the lifestyle of a medical professional, faced with various trials each day.

Her feet carried her along the metallic ground, the echoes of the sounding of her foot prints against the metal resonating around her. The door slid open as she walked in, opposite of a man behind a desk. "You wanted to see me, sir." She said to her commanding officer.

"Yes, I've got another mission for you, if you choose to accept it." He responded, "It will at least get you off this planet, as a distant one is experiencing severe civil war and plague. Oddly, Lunians seem unaffected by the plague and so it was brought to our attention that we are to recruit Lunian residents to help intervene with the problem."

She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, "Is that so?" She wondered out loud, "Alright." She concluded, "Sounds easy enough, I accept the mission.

"Very good." He answered handing her a file, "You're to leave immediately; the next ship departs within the hour."

She nodded, "Understood." She then stood and left the room.
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 12:26:17 AM »
He tapped a pen on the control panel. The wait was nervewracking. Shouldn't he be there by now? Ugh. A ship passed him by, quickly. He frowned. Who in the world has a ship that fast?

Must be the Peace Corps. Those magnificent bastards had saved his life more than a few times when the money was low. Their health care was phenominal, and they only hired the cutest staff~ He grinned. Maybe they'd have some representatives there when he got back...

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
A whole week of walking. Dante thought he was going to die in the intence heat, a lifeless twig in a forest fire. Right before he gave up, he noticed the city on the horizon. Forget the mission, that city had air conditioning! He broke into a run, and was inside the city before long.

Only when he was blasted with cool air did he remember the mission. He had to find the weapons depot. Maps were luckily located across the city, and in under a an hour of moving with the crowd he was there. On the door however, was a sign:

Technical Difficulties, closed until further notice

Technical difficulties in a gun store? No sence in that. He went around to the back and , when he was postive no one saw, opened a window and climbed in. "Not enough technical difficulties to lock the windows". He looked for the celler door, but all there was was a trap door with a ladder. Close enough. "Peserain?" Dante called out, "You down here?". He felt around the walls for a light switch, and finally found Peserain. Dead. His eyes were full of madness, his body was that of a pyronian but...different, twisted. He also had a bullet wound in his forehead. Dante understood, "Guess it's not just a rumor. Hope  he was recently on another planet."

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
"Hey Sheila, we got any activity on the surface? Might pick me up a snack before I start looking for them." "One moment please," the AI replied. "........"

Sitting back in his chair, Zarius sighed. "Are you scanning the whole planet? Jeez..." "Hold your horses, Sol~" it chirped. "Done. A small pack of dracolizards just outside the city proper, freshly killed by the sentry guns... and a lone human walking to the city?" "What? What kind of idiot walks between the cities. He must be dying of heat! Hm. Interesting but not interested. Take us down to the meat, I'm pretty starved!" And thus the Vae Victus descended through the atmosphere towards the city.

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »
There was no point in trying to call Dermian, the complex was undetectable, even with an earpeice. Besides, if the plague reached pyronia then it would be a job for the peace corps. To avoid being dectected fully, Dante simply sent the adress of the store and moved on. He might as well stay a day or two before he had to walk another week. Would give him time to steal a car.

He found a motel on the other side of town. Dante put in his name as Derek Grainer, his former commander. The military checks these lists. For a while he just slept, making up for lost time.  He won't stay still for long, and looks around for a cruiser to steal. After looking around town, he see's something just outside the city gate. He decides against stealing the ship. Maybe he should just ask for a ride.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
As the Vae Victus cleared the atmosphere and landed, Zarius prepared himself to leave. No jacket needed; the warm atmosphere of the surface would be easy to acclimate to. Still, he would take a flak jacket he stole off some military personnel who got in his way on the Aerian planet. Lightweight, strong as steel. Hopefully he wouldn't need to use its strength; hopefully he'd make it in quickly and peacefully. A knife he also took, and a standard issue laser pistol. Hopefully he wouldn't have to use the gun, but the knife? ...he liked the knife. Been with him a long time. Back when she was still around... He shook his head. The ship was landing just outside the city gates, near a pile of meat which once was a large dracolizard.

The landing gear deployed, the ship landed gracefully. "Heh, see you in a few hours, hopefully," he called to the AI. "Pfft... come back soon.." it replied, almost longingly. He walked down the hatch, jumping the last few feet into the dirt. The tiny claws at the ends of his toes rattled in his boots, longing to sink into the warm land. He shook his head again. Now was the time to eat. He walked up behind the cover of the meat pile and started cutting some loose into his other hand...

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 01:59:02 AM »
The ship was low on fuel, as it hovered over a nearby planet.

"We need to restock." Chiyoko told the pilot, "We don't have enough supplies for the mission, and we've got to refuel."

The pilot nodded, lowering down onto the planet's surface below. "We seem to have landed on Pyronia, be careful as the surface is very high in temperature. We can't be here long if we intend on getting there by our designated arrival time, so try not to linger."

"Understood, I'll be back within the hour with all the supplies necessary." Chiyoko nodded, as the door opened and she stepped down onto the surface. The air was heavy against her skin, hot and difficult to adjust to. She let out  sigh, pacing through the town. They would need a food and water supply as well as more medicinal necessities. It seemed she had a lot to do in a small allotment of time.
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »
Dante was lucky. The driver argeed to give him a ride to Akove, The closest town to the complex. It would take less than an hour to walk from there. But he was only able to do it in one week. When the time was up, he would meet Dante in the hotel. He just had to kill time until then.  There were bars to get drunk at, fights to bet on, and sports to play. But he couldn't get his mind off of the infected pyronian. It was just disturbing knowing the plague was already on the planet

He decided to go to the store, buy some food, water, maybe some clothes. He browsed through the store, grabbing fruit, corn, and 3 bottles of water. He'd just gotten used to eating with his son, now he missed it even more. He searched through his pockets. Nothing, damn it. He decided he would work off the food, give himself something to do. They agreed, and he went into the back to stack the boxes.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 04:26:02 PM »
Zarius finished eating the meat he'd sliced off, and wiped his mouth of the blood. He sighed happily. "Hahhh~ That was delicious. Reminds me of the old days..." He shook his head. "Time to go inside and see what I can dig up!"

He sprinted to the city gate and went inside, the sentry guns paying him no heed...

Ah, the bustling city. Full of ne'er-do-wells and bums, highbloods and their bodyguards, people of every walk of life called this place home. Zarius chuckled to himself quietly. This place had once been a home away from home, back when he worked for the government. Now, he wouldn't be surprised if no one recognized him. In fact, he was counting on it. It wouldn't do for an exile to be waltzing around the city, would it?

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:08 PM »
Dante decided to walk back to the weapon depot. There might be something in there that could help him learn more about the plague. As far as he knew, the peace corps didn't get or understand the message. He slipped through the window once again.

There was nothing unusual about the top floor, every thing was neat, guns and knives hanging on the wall. But the celler was ransacked, beer spilled, guns off the wall, paintings ruined, and a carving on the wall, letters written in what looked like Siberakonian. All he could make out were the and four other letters. S---c-a--r-.

Scar? Is that what it says? Maybe a local could translate the rest. Dante would worry about it in the morning. With that, he went upstairs and fell asleep, gun in hand.

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »
Zarius wandered the town carefully, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. In the market district, there were a few signs of suspicious activity, but that was likely just the black market conducting business. And then there was the weapons depot...

It looked like someone was inside.

He walked through the front door, making certain no one had seen him. He called out, "Hello? Jager? Are you here?" He stepped through the aisles quietly, glancing all around. The door to the cellar was open... He drew his laser pistol. "Jager? Are you down there? Speak up!"

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »
Noise. Someone calling out. But not to Dante. A pyronian was looking into the celler. This could mean one of three things. This person knew Peserain too, he ran the store, or he was wondering about the "technical difficulties". Dante didn't care. The pyronian has a pistol, he had a pulse rifle. Dante pointed the gun at the pyronian. "Drop the gun and turn around," he started "You want tell me why you're in here?"

Offline Soloxius

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »
Zarius bristled. "Kind of a cowardly move, sneaking up on a guy like that." He dropped his gun, waves of heat swirling around inside of him as his surprise became curiousity. "Who are you, and where is Jager, the store keeper?" He turned around to face his would-be attacker. "....a human. Don't see many of you here on Pyronia. Too hot for your kind. Though I remember a place an acquaintance of mine lived, beautiful village."

He paused. "Look, if I meant you any harm, I would've blasted you with fire by now, so can you just lower the damn weapon and tell me what's going on?"

Offline Skelzor

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »
Dante lowered the gun. "As far as I know, Jagar's dead. There's a corpse downstairs. I don't know whose, but it doesn't matter. It's infected" He began. "I came here to gather information, so what are you here for? And too hot, I had to walk a week to this place, I can stand the city, believe me"