4M4Life.com

Terraria!

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
Terraria!
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »

I nerdgasmed SEVERAL times. Honestly, it's ever I wanted Minecraft to be. I was never a fan of the whole "build crazy stuff, do it for the lulz!" I liked the survival aspect of Minecraft, but it stopped thar. Terraria pushes that concept forward. It'll be the best 10 bucks I've ever spent. :V lol j/k I downloaded the free version! :D
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: Terraria!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:22 AM »
I don't really understand the 'survival' aspect people talk about in Terraria. If you die(which people do OFTEN and FREQUENTLY) you get to keep your stuff, so what benefit is there to staying alive?

There is a lot of non-structure building activities you can do, hunting monsters and collecting materials to make stuff, but thats about it. Is probably because its 2D and not suited to building stuff.

[kata]

Offline ChickanBone

• Never fear... Chickan is here!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »
I do agree Terraria isn't well round I don't enjoy it I played it after watching like 4 weeks back and threw up in my mouth.
[4mdouble][4mdouble]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:55 PM »
The game is an adventure-action RPG. The game's main focus is a items, idk where this whole "Terraria is flawed cause I can't building a whole bunch of stuff. If ya wanna build stuff then play Minecraft, bros.

The concept is basic: items, honestly that simple. I only played Mincraft until I had a house, farm, lava pit (for the lulz), weapons, tools and food. Then it comes to a dead stop. The flavor was gone. I liked the idea of making a place (crying the first night, cause shat wants to kill me), getting my shat straight and then going out to kill shat. I've basically reached Godhood already. Got the wrapping Night's Bane, after making that a Demon Alter. The demonic creatures are prudy btw. Oh and the Eye of Cthulhu is great. :3

I.e. "adventure-action RPG", overstand?
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:16:48 AM »
I don't think Terraria is suited for building, as its 2D. My main complaint with Terraria was that you collect a lot of items you then never use again. I enjoy Minecraft's craftable items being relevant regardless of finding higher-tiered materials.

I think the term RPG is really watered down and can apply to anything now a days. What would you say makes Terraria an RPG? Is Minecraft also an RPG?

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
I stay using my items numerous times over. Many are fun and has different uses and of course do different damage to the enemy.

Honestly don't feel like discussing this anymore, God. Imma let it at difference and let it die. Peace.

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
y so thin skinned? You made a topic about Terraria and we're talking about it. Sorry if WHAT we're talking about in regards to Terraria isn't what you wanted us to say.

Take the good with the bad, and try not to get MAD! :Dc

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
lol thin skinned? You misunderstand what you don't understand. If I choose not to discuss a topic further (weather I started it or not) I'm entitled into that. And I expected this type of response too, so that makes ending it even easier. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:13:19 AM »
You're entitled, sure. Going so far as to announce you're not discussing a topic further is a sign of retreat and mad-dom. You continueing to post after you said you were out, only makes you seem more mad.

[kata]