4M4Life.com

Tom Clancy's Endwar OR Halo Wars?

AnimeFreeze

Tom Clancy's Endwar OR Halo Wars?
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Who will win? They are both the RTS genre and both names pack some punch below the belt. Tom Clancy is known for his realistic and hardcore strategic gameplay ( Ghost Recon) but can also institute stealth and just raw firepower into his   
games ( Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six) luckily for fans ALL THREE TITLES join forces in Endwar and don't worry, Cpt Scott Mitchell is their general! :O It also has a action affected cooperative online campaign. For example, you choose between three factions, The Europeans who have increased defense, The North Americans who have well rounded stats, and The Russians who have superior firepower, and join millions of other players in your factions and try to complete an objective, Such as capture France before the Russians, and hold it. If you capture, or do not capture it, It will affect the campaign for everyone who plays the online campaign, That means everyone who plays that game online will either try to hold France or take it back! Or even capture other territories in the endless battle of World War 3! knittingy huh?

What Is Endwar?

Halo Wars on the other hands is more laid back and a general "Kick some ass and gloat about it" type of gameplay, You play as the UNSC before the events of Halo 1, Even before the Mark IIIs were made!

"The Spirit of Fire was originally a colony ship, transporting equipment and colonists in the UNSC's expansion efforts.  In 2520 the ship was refit with a Magnetic Accelerator Cannon and other armaments to serve as a warship. Huge storage bays that used to house machine parts now carry everything from Warthogs and Scorpion Tanks to construction supplies for fire bases in hot spots in front line engagements or in rearguard actions.

The campaign in Halo Wars follows the Spirit of Fire and her crew as the UNSC deals with the first deadly encounters with the Covenant."

Not much is known about Halo Wars but their are many videos so I'll try to describe it yo you. You have a base and construct your army, Whether it be airships, tanks, infantry, Spartans, or Warthogs. It takes the feel of a more nation-based government instead of a one world government. It goes from when the first colonies are established and to the first contact with the covenant. I can't really describe anything special about Halo Wars, It looks like a normal RTS but feels like its fast paced and theirs always enemies nearby. All that is known about online is that it is basically like campaign except your enemy is a human. Uhhh thats it?

What is Halo Wars?

AF's Notes: So who do you think will make the better RTS? My vote goes to Tom Clancy since he has some good rep and always has a deep storyline, But you can't doubt Bungie's skills either....

Offline TwitchLord

• I am Ganon!
  • Fear to enter DredzBop for the TwitchLord lives!!
Re: Tom Clancy's Endwar OR Halo Wars?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
bob dole is better

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »
halo wars will win, bigger franchise

AnimeFreeze

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:59:16 PM »
halo wars will win, bigger franchise

I highly doubt so, Halo is made up of the "Run-and-gun" type of gamers, Halo Wars is more story based, So I doubt any wins will want to actually want to have some challenge in their games.

TC's Endwar however has a name that is known for its hardcore gameplay, achievements, story, and strategy, also has a deep story. They also have a T rating thus enabling a bigger audience.

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »
I am leaning to Tom Clancy's Endwar, sounds SO MUCH better  :xmas:
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.

AnimeFreeze

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
Thats because it is.  [8D]

AnimeFreeze

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »
Well its your money to waste >.>

Offline ShinamoriAoshi

• The Original Pervert
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »
i might just buy both  :xmas:
Awesome Points: 155
Shin's the perverted hero, he wouldnt stoop to that level.

omegadoomslayer (7:36:13 PM): You, Pryce and Whales are the Trio of Terrible

Cewt Addy Bunny (3:38:58 PM): You are a ­di­­ck.
frashprince55 (3:39:12 PM): Why thank you.