4M4Life.com

Music

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
Music
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »
What is music to you? Some say it's their savior, some loves the beats and some love the lyrics. What about you; what's your favorite genre of music, favorite artist/band or talk about what musics you don't like (and be specific).
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Twitter: @overstandbasics
Art Gallery: skyeomega.deviantart.com
Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline Whalesdude

• I r Nab
  • Ohi.
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »
I love music. Music is the only thing that keeps me alive, really. Without music, life would be so boring. I wouldn't be able to travel. I wouldn't be able to sit still. It's like an IV for my brain. I love to memorize songs, beats, and notes. I like to sing, although I don't let anyone hear me. I sing alone.

As far as genre, I like Rock/Techno mostly. I listen to a bit of everything, although I avoid music like Mainstream Rap/Hip-hop/Pop.

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
I love music. Music is the only thing that keeps me alive, really. Without music, life would be so boring. I wouldn't be able to travel. I wouldn't be able to sit still. It's like an IV for my brain. I love to memorize songs, beats, and notes. I like to sing, although I don't let anyone hear me. I sing alone.

As far as genre, I like Rock/Techno mostly. I listen to a bit of everything, although I avoid music like Mainstream Rap/Hip-hop/Pop.

Awesome, I listen to it for its message. No matter what the genre. I don't listen to Mainstream Rap/Hip-Hop like I used to many more, it was too much to keep up with. I listen to Underground Rap, mainly because it provides a greater message about life and it has some cryptic rhymes. My favorite artist is Germaine Williams aka Canibus. Now I discovered him a few months ago and I've been hooked since. I've also thought about way he chose the name Canibus and not because he probably smokes it. I was thinking that through the history of music canibus has inspired many artists of many genres. Also I think that since you see strange thing while your high on canibus, Germaine raps about strange things, but they still make sense... in a weird way. Canibus provides cryptic rhymes constantly, which makes me interested in his music. I've also discovered that he created a song that is 1,000 bars long ("Poet Laureate Infinity") and is layered several different ways; in turn it is an 11 minute song and now matter how you mix it, the song will still rhyme. Canibus said the album will be Rip The Jacker II: Infinity (first one was pretty decent) and will follow the formula of "Poet Laureate Infinity" for an entire album. So you are going to get an infinite album. And my mouth dropped for like 2 minutes.

Nicknames:
Rip the Jacker
Ripper (more of a name he use to describe really good rappers; mainly himself.)
Open for art commissions! Check out my portfolio for contact info and take a look at my art gallery. Thank you. :)

<<The Land of 4M!>>

Portfolio: http://overstandbasics.tumblr.com/post/149212339364/overstandbasicsportfolio

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
I like to write music  [music]

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
I like rich(loud) dynamic music that isn't very repetitive.
Have to hear the bass riffs and notes
Have to hear the drums beats and crashes

I'm most particular to vocals, and very shallow in my decisions of what I like or don't like.
Which ties into my shallow preference of lyrics or overall message.

I either like songs because of their specific instrumental, lyrical content, or just because the band portrays themselves well.

[kata]

Offline Omega

• Psychokinetic
    • Overstand Basics
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:44:16 PM »
I am SO glad I finally found (the original) Poet Laureate Infinity! It's the best eva! 1,000 bars; 5 vocals, each 11:09 minutes long and it's all occapela. He covered EVERYTHING: a few rappers, science, literature, past experiences, today's events and more. I was drawn in. [ksuck] <--- a  sense, something like that.

"POET LAUREATE INFINITY!
POET LAUREATE INFINITY!
POET LAUREATE INFINITY!
THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN HISTORY!"
~"Poet Laureate Infinity", Canibus

<<The Land of 4M!>>