4M4Life.com

Study: Youth now have more mental health issues

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Study: Youth now have more mental health issues
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
=D Yar! So they are nice flowers!
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »

I’m sure you are familiar with the phrase “That which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” no? Well all these stresses are just a test to weed out the weak, and I’ll admit, that this generation is definitely stressed, but in the end we will have more experiences and understandings of things that you can’t relate to. Just the fact that you constantly discriminate against this generation proves your lack of experience that is needed for you to truly emphasize and relate to us on a field that would make you understand from our perspective what we feel and what is occurring. Depression doesn’t last forever, so everyone depressed now, will pull out of it just fine. What will you have left then? A whole generation of those who understand on a deeper level the emotional processes and feelings, and a stronger ability to empathize. For these reasons, I can say with confidence that I think in this generation’s older years, we will be much stronger and stable than your generation ever was or will be.

^.^

well while i can agree and understand with most of your reasonings and how you can come to your opinions and conclusions, what still amazes me and kinjo and even our parents and their parents generation is, the assumption that yes while this economy sucks and things are bad and things are tough on more people than quite awile for america.

to understand what anyone is talking about when trying to compare our current hardships to any hardships incured on this country before the 1950's is So obnoxious and apples and oranges that the only way i can begin comparisons to try show people the real gaps of how well people still have it right now is to first start out that Try to picture the idea that a 15 Cent package of ramen per day per person would still be better than what 30% of people had for their daily consumption from 1930-1935, Try to picture the idea that not only might one poor homeless person be lucky to have only One Full suit of cothes that is one shirt one pants one underwear shoes socks ect to anything normal that your wearing but that they are likly torn used previously warn, and lucky to be washed once a month let alone weekly like most of our clothings are, Try to Believe that the Kids were more pressured and forced than at any point in human kind because the father only made 1$ an hour if he was lucky and the family needed every penny it could possibly make and the kids would do what they could earning 5 cents an hour and the family as a whole no matter how young knew it had to do what it was to put any food on the table and survive.

yes people are hurting and yes incomes are being cut and people are going through hardships but this america is so different that hardships cant be really known untill fastfood is non existant because no one can afford it, no one drinks pop or buys from convient stores because 1$ + for each snack item again is somthing not afforded by the average american and not by choice, and that our every day luxuries that we all have for granted from the Water faucet to the bathroom to our baths and showers untill the day where no one can afford gas for their cars heat their homes, pay for our electricity and water when over half of america can survive and manage or be forced to attempt to with everything ive listed only then can we begin to attempt to compare ourselves with the hardships generations had and manage to live with and they did and did it strongly it is probably the only way one learns how to be productive with their life and really figure out the values of the world and build somthing strong and productive and it is the america we have lost.

Now also a side topic on this whole america breakdown too while not completely trying to take a religious side to these problems alot of the marital issues america is dealing with right now as far as divorce rates and problems suffered by kids in all of this comes down to a Populace that is disrigarding the moral value and importance of life, if we didnt abort children if we vauled relationships and were responsible for our actions things wouldnt be so commonly bad as they commonly are in society today, Now im not going to say its intirly because of the Breakdowns of religion or that being more religious would solve all these problems that can only be solved by yourselves and being motivated to being a moral and caring person, but understand God and jesus laid down a simple path for man kind to all be great kind respectful and know life to its fullest to the bare sole and he never wanted us to suffer the moral ethics humankind challenges itself with nowdays god but gave us the freedom to be ourselves and it is then up to ourselves to own up when we disregard life, sanctity, and are greedy for ourselves about anything.

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 05:48:30 AM »
In a debate religion should never be brought up as an argument so any mentioning of God are going disregarded. All I have to say to that, is Christianity is not the only religion that would help create better m0rals and that having any strong faith will improve your feelings towards yourself and other people.

In regards to your disapproval of comparing now to then, you mistook it for what it was; I did not say times are as bad as then, I said that there is a good chance it could become like that, and that many economists predict this to occur. My dad has is an econ major, and I have to listen to this stuff all the time, so I have the facts to back up the hypothesis. Furthermore, yes their income may have been $1 a day, but look at the differences in price. It looks like nothing, but back then a dollar went a long way. When you look at different time periods, you have to look at the economy as a whole, not just a portion of it like the wages. This goes even for today. My example would be comparing where I live to California. The cost of living I'm sure is much higher than what it is here, but in the same respect, the wages are better too. So when it would look ridiculously high to me, people in the area don't think it's all that bad. I was not saying we have gotten to that point, but it is a possibility and it's scaring people. Also, never in our lifetime have we witnessed things of this sort, so it comes off to us as something much worse than in would our grandparents.

The argument, however is not "who had it worse?" but and argument of how inexperienced was the person put into a bad situation. If our grandparents were to witness political and economical disaster, due to having lived it once before, it wouldn't hit them as hard as the youth of the nation, simply because of experience. This is not to say older people are any more stable than the young, or any better in any way, but that they aren't forced into so much shock. For example, in my household there have been days in the week where didn't couldn't be afforded, and therefore dinner was not served. For me, because I've lived this way for a long time now, it's whatever, but take a financially stable family and tell them they have to miss out on meals, and they think its ludicrous, or telling a wealthier person to go clothes shopping in a thrift store, or any used clothing store. While some would think it's a great inexpensive way to clothe yourself and your family, others would question the hygienics and be disgusted by the fact someone would buy the clothing of others and then wear it. Everything is based on experiences, and this cannot be judged on a general level, or in simpler terms, you cannot generalize the experiences of people, and therefore cannot stereotype them as that which seems to be occurring.

When I see Kinjo post these things, it comes off to be that Kinjo feels he has something to prove for both his generation and age, as if to say to the younger members "Haha emos, I'm older and I'm better!" When Kinjo himself has displayed some questionable mood swings that could be taken as emotional instability. It seems to me like hypocrisy. It's all a big age discrimination game.

Basically, the mind is prepared for far greater things by being exposed to less severe yet seemingly similar situations. It's like giving a child an allowance of $5 and not buying anything for them. It teaches them budgeting, but if they screw up there are minor consequences, while if that child was never exposed to any sort of understanding to money, they could find themselves in a situation at an older age where they are in severe debt, and it brings about heavy amounts of stress because the situation is too unfamiliar. Parents and adults failed to prepare children for experiences they would have to face, or taking blame off everyone, due to new technologies and pressures, there are situations that cause stress, that parents and adults never experienced themselves and therefore cannot teach. A prime example of this would be the s3xting situation that resulted in that young girl's suicide. Girls are pressured to expose themselves, and cell phones make it transfer of information easier. Parents are not used to cell phones and texting, and therefore cannot teach children about these things, so neither is prepared for the consequences.

This generation isn't any worse than any other generation. The real difference is that the people that are parenting us never went through major struggles like their parents had or for the ones that did, they were too young for it to really effect them, so they take more things for granted and have less experience to pass down to the next generation. It's simple psychology.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline wurm breeder

• I wanna be com amata when I grow up.
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
In a debate religion should never be brought up as an argument so any mentioning of God are going disregarded.
Why?
60 Awesome points. huzzah!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
Because debates are firmly based on fact and proven information, and not all debaters go by the same religion. It is too opinionated and there is not enough evidence to prove any religion true; in actual tournaments, using religion usually makes you lose the match. Debates needs facts, research, proven information, and statistics; not religion.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline wurm breeder

• I wanna be com amata when I grow up.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
But are there not facts and proven information about religion, and aren't differences what debate is about? Also, I thought we were going by backyard debate rules, not tourny rules. I'm gonna have to put away my brass knuckles.
60 Awesome points. huzzah!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »
Ehh, I'm on the debate team, haha, and rules like that are strict. Religion is a personal choice and debate is only about a single difference, and that would be whatever the topic at hand would be. Bringing religion into it is bringing in a whole other debate.

And no, most religion is not based on fact, however strongly one might think it is.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
unless its a debate regarding a religious topic of discussion!

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 09:44:26 PM »
Yar, but that goes along with: "debate is only about a single difference, and that would be whatever the topic at hand would be."

That would be the topic at hand. =D

Yays!!!

10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 01:39:08 AM »
so you cant use religion to debate about a religious topic? [psyduck]

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »
No no, if the debate is about religion you can use religion, but you need facts to back up and support your theories as to why that religion is whatever you are trying to prove.

You can't use religion in any other debate, however. Is big boo boo =o
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
but how can religion perpetuate itself if it cant be used in real world discussions?!

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 05:47:50 AM »
it can be used in discussion, but shouldn't be used in debate...
I mean, how annoying would it be to go "Why why is the sky blue?"
and receive the answer "It was God's will"
Instead of an explanation about the reflection of light?
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »
true! I agree with that! [angel]

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »
:3 then this is settled and Tkoold's use of religion in a debate that is not related to religion is invalid =D
10 Luffle Points~!