4M4Life.com

Pryce's Anime Review: Zero no Tsukaima

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Zero no Tsukaima
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:07:58 AM »
Title: Zero no Tsukaima (The of Familiar Zero)

Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, Fantasy

Genral Info: Louise is a magician at the Tristein Academy, dubbed with the nickname "Zero Louise" due to her inability to effectively use her magic properly, resulting in zero successes. An upcoming test at her academy requires her to summon a familiar, a servant and partner to support her as a magician. Despite desiring a familiar that would be superior to her constantly mocking classmates, Louise ends up summoning Hiraga Saito, your average Japanese boy. Even with Louise and Saito both unwilling to accept each other, they have no choice. Louise cannot attempt another summoning and Saito cannot return to Japan, and so their life together begins.

Number of Episodes: 13
Original Run: Jul 3, 2006 to Sep 25, 2006

Sequel: Zero no Tsukaima Futatsuki no Kishi (The Familiar of Zero: Knight of the Twin Moons)
Number of Episodes: 12
Original Run: Jul 9, 2007 to Sep 24, 2007

Sequel: Zero no Tsukaima Princess no Rondo (The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of the Princesses)
Number of Episodes: 12
Original Run: Jul 6, 2008 to Sep 22, 2008

Characters:

Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière: Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière is the main female character. She is a second year student at the Tristain Academy of Magic and a terrible mage who is often scorned by her fellow classmates. Because every spell she casts fails, she is nicknamed "Louise the Zero" after her zero success rate and zero attributes. The third daughter of the noble family La Vallière who owns the north-eastern territory of Tristain.

The fact that Louise is voiced by Rie Kugimiya, who voiced Shana in J.C.STAFF's previous work Shakugan no Shana (incidentally, itself an adaptation of a light novel series) is a source of humour for fans. Her occasional call of "Urusai!" ("Shut up!") being used three times in the first episode of the anime is largely thought to be a reference to Shana's habit of repeating it in the same way.

She is named after Louise Françoise de la Valliçre, a French courtesan who was mistress to Louis XIV of France from 1661 to 1667.

Saito Hiraga: Saito Hiraga, the main male character, is from Earth (specifically Tokyo, Japan). At the time of the summoning, he had just picked up his laptop after attempting to get it repaired in Akihabara. A portal of some kind opened in front of him; and Saito's curiosity getting the better of him, he touched it and was sucked through. At first, Saito had no idea where he was, and was thoroughly disoriented. When he arrives on the other side however he is made to sit and obey like a normal household dog. When the bond of him being her familiar, involves having a kiss with the familiar, he is quite shocked at why they do it. In the anime, he also could not identify nor understand the language the students were speaking, but after Louise attempts to cast a silence spell on him that fails, he could understand and communicate with others as though they were speaking Japanese. It is not clear whether he was actually gifted with full knowledge of their language, or whether the misfired spell was similar in principle to a universal translator. This was not the case in the light novel though, where he does understand their language; like the names of the characters, the language spoken by them is also French.

There are Runes inscribed into Saito's hand as a result of his being bound to Louise. They read geboundolf or Gundolf meaning Gandalfr (ガンダールヴ, Gandāruvu?). These runes glow when his Gandalfr powers activate. As a Gandalfr, Saito has the ability to use any object that was made with the intent of being used as a weapon at an extremely high level of skill. He also becomes significantly stronger, faster and tougher. Even weapons that he had never touched before, such as an M-72 rocket launcher and a World War II Zero Fighter, can be instantly understood and utilized. This physical augmentation fades more or less instantly when he stops using the power, which can result in him falling unconscious if he'd been wounded previously. That he can only use items specifically crafted for the purpose of weapons was revealed by Derflinger after a failed attempt to use an ornamental sword. It has not been made clear whether Gandalfr powers could be used in conjunction with purely magical weaponry such as a wand or a staff. Even with these abilities he doesn't defend himself at all against Louise's constant beatings.

Opening:
(I somehow was unable to find the tv size version so I had to use the full version)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYPdgYS4XU[/youtube]

My Review: For the first season Zero no Tsukaima is entertaining, with a few epic battles, a slew of funny occurences, and a heaping helping of fanservice. Unfourtunatley after the first season it becomes essentialy a recycled series that drags on for WAY to long. Saito's constant infedelity becomes annoying and unfunny very quickly and is usualy coupled with a large amount of, usualy unneeded, fanservice. Several characters have their personalities changed dramaticaly which makes them seem like, and excuse my language ahead of time, c0ck hungry whores. Thoughout the series there are many plot holes and strange plot devices that make watching the series become painful.

My Rating: 1.5/5
Amount of Fanservice: OVER 9000!!!
Awesome Points: 575

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
Re: Pryce's Anime Review vol 6
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 02:59:36 AM »
o.o Uhms... ish nawt wanting to watch this....
=3 Gewd review... terminology was uh.... let's call it interesting =P
Your reviews are always very thorough
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
LoL this is why I stay away from anime now.

[kata]

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
I have to make at least one negative review.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »
Wow i betcha i would actually like this anime!, its probably like Maburaho and or Louie the rune Soldier (which i own both) Very awesome anime review pryce Like if i was not in debt and stuff.. id own it im practicaly salivating at the thought of watching this anime!

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 12:11:19 AM »
If you look past the plot and only at the fanservice then you will LOVE this anime.

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:13:04 AM »
Lol.. if i were going to do that id just Own Hentai.. (ohh wait i do own some..) But nah Somtimes you need a Little Substance with your charm Now pryce i Know [tkoold] is not a Family House hold name but do you honestly think that i want to live my whole whole life as some crazy creeper driving adelaid nuts and only claiming to enjoy anime solely for the purpose of viewing nicely drawn females doing things that never happen (to me atleast) in real Life?

Nah see the real [tkoold] owns awesome anime because it truly is awesome Like Vash the stampede Sais "this World is Made of LOVE AND PEACE!!!!" "LOVE AND PEACE!!!"

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:33:18 AM »
yay a magic anime! last one i watched was Tweeny Witches and that was terrible

i will look out for this one

nice review pryce

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 08:20:04 AM »
Lol thats not what you said about tweeny whiches before you moved, maybe thats why you were half trying to pawn it off to me.. Its like when i bought anime from you you were like OMG this stuff is awesome and some of it was but then i Realized i Owned EARTHIAN and i was like OMG i own GAy anime  [usuck]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »
well, the ending of tweeny witches made me dislike the anime alot

i want to watch a good witch anime, this one pryce reviewed looks/sounds pretty good