4M4Life.com

Pryce's Anime Review: Toradora

Offline Pryce321

• Neko Master!
  • \(≧∇≦)/(=w=) ಥ﹏ಥ
Pryce's Anime Review: Toradora
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:05:47 AM »
Even before I start my review I just want to say, I recommend this anime to EVERYONE.

Title: Toradora

Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, School Life, Drama

General Info: It’s a new school year and Ryuuji Takasu discovers not only is he in the same class as his best friend, Yusaku Kitamura, but also Minori Kukshieda whom he's had an undisclosed crush on for quite some time. Along with Kitamura and Minori is Minori's best friend, the “Palmtop Tiger”, tiny Taiga Aisaka whom, despite her small stature, takes nothing from nobody. (When unflattering pictures of her in a bathing suit were circulated, “Of course, I made it rain blood in the photography club.”) Taiga is secretly in love with Kitamura and she and Ryuuji, despite an oil and water relationship, agree to mutually support each other in their quests for their heart’s desire.

Number of Episodes: 25
Original Run: Oct 1, 2008 to Mar 25, 2009

Characters:

Ryuuji Takasu: Ryūji is a seventeen-year-old high school student in his second year, class C. Due to biological inheritance, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent and causes many misunderstandings in his life. He lives in a fatherless family with just his mother, and due to this, Ryūji has learned to be self-sufficient. He is good at cooking and keeping everything in his house clean, and also excels at sewing. He holds a crush on Minori Kushieda, a girl his age in his class. He has a pet parakeet named "Inko-chan" (inko literally means parakeet in Japanese). Ryūji often helps Taiga with domestic chores which she is otherwise unable to perform. At school, he is known as "the only person able to stop the palmtop tiger", referring to Taiga's nickname.

Taiga Aisaka: Taiga is a girl in Ryūji's class. She has a well-regulated and beautiful appearance though is unable to stomach company from others. Due to her often snapping at others in brutal ways and her short stature at 143.6 cm (4' 8.5"), she is given the nickname "Palmtop Tiger." Her under-developed body and the added nickname has given her a complex which in turn serves to give her a negative attitude and facial expression. Essentially, Taiga gets upset easily and is considerably clumsy. Due to her cute looks, she often gets confessions by boys her age, but she turns down every one of them. She comes from a rich family but due to bad family relations, she has taken to living on her own. However, since she came from a privileged household, she does not know how to do any domestic chores. When she meets Ryūji and learns of his domestic talents, she begins to depend on Ryūji for his talents. Aside from sleeping in her own house and going to school, she spends most of her time at Ryūji's house; so much so that she is almost considered a member of his family, and many classmates think they are dating.

Minori Kushieda: Minori is a girl in Ryuuji's class, and is a close friend to Taiga. She is also known by the pet name "Minorin". In contrast to the negative Taiga, Minori is always smiling and cheerful, but is also a natural airhead. She is very athletic and is the captain of the girl's softball club at school, though at the same time she holds many part time jobs. She is a glutton when it comes to food, but is also constantly combating with dieting.

Yuusaku Kitamura: Yuusaku is a male student in Ryuuji's class, and is his best friend. He is the vice-president of the student council, the class representative, and captain of the boy's softball club at school. Yuusaku wears glasses, and has a diligent personality. He thinks he is poor at talking to girls, though Ryuuji observes otherwise.

Ami Kawashima: Ami is Yūsaku's childhood friend who transfers into his class midway through their second year of high school. She is very beautiful and even works as a model, though after she transfers school, she temporarily stops modeling. However, she still continues to go to the gym readily and maintains a slim figure. She is always kind and generous towards others, though this is merely a deception. In truth, she is arrogant and will not hesitate to use abusive language towards others. During her first meeting with Taiga, Ami showed her true colors, but the tables were turned when Taiga threw a counterattack back at her. Since then, Ami and Taiga have been enemies, though Ami still sometimes envies Taiga since she can always be honest.

Openigs:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BNF75bsafk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2E4m4life%2Ecom%2FForum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D2767%2E0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs9UJxalkI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2E4m4life%2Ecom%2FForum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Faction%3Dpost%3Bboard%3D4%2E0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

My Review: Toradora begins as a lighthearted comedy between Ryuuji and Taiga's attempts to help each other get together with the ones they love. All the characters mature emotionaly as the series goes on and, as they mature so does the storyline. As you watch this anime you learn to love each of the characters, faults and all.

My Rating: 5/5
Taiga's Rage: Infinite
Awesome Points: 575

Offline tkoold

• The Kool Dude
    • Ranma 1/2 Fans
Re: Pryce's Anime Review vol 7
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:09:19 PM »
hmm intresting but its another school girl drama, If you want somthing like this But with alot more crazy and wild romantic insanity i would recommend Trouble Chocolate!

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:48 AM »
tkoold stop talking old anime, get with the times

just cause you haven't seen it, you have to throw in your limited anime knowledge and brag about the few anime you have seen

nice review pryce, i want to see this one too!

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »
._. uhm..Tkoold, no disrespect, but I think, instead of promoting the animes you have seen and enjoy, you should give constructive criticism to Pryce, and say whether or not the anime HE is reviewing sounds worth watching.

If you want to promo the anime you watch, write your own review of them.

=]
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »
here here addy! you tell him girl

time to buy new anime tkoold!!

start with all the anime pryce reviewed!

Offline Red

• Elite Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Executive Taco Consumer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:02:49 AM »
This won't be released English dubbed for a long time. Though they did complete this series a good year or so ago. Maybe not a year... Like eight or nine months.

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 08:06:15 AM »
I don't watch english dub, i only buy imports.