4M4Life.com

thinking is awesome

Offline bloo-apple

• You Just Made Me Happy!
    • Bloo-Apple
thinking is awesome
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:51:09 PM »
I noticed that I act on impulses very often.

I don't usually think before I say something and when I do say something it's usually something pretty random to make a conversation, and I usually act before I think.  I sometimes randomly want to buy something when I know I would be hurting myself in the long run.

I don't know what made me start thinking about it, but someone out of the blue told me that I am very impulsive.  I think they were saying it in a positive way, but it got me thinking.  Over thinking and over analyzing. Til I just googled how to be less impulsive. Then I saw ads for ADHD, and I knew it was time to start taking my meds again today.

I took them and I could function and make decisions and sit down and do tasks with out getting distracted.  It truely feels good to be able to not be random and not feel rushed to do something.  For example, I could actually sit down and make this long topic.  However I have a strong feeling that most of you don't care, I just wanted to let you guys know that being impulsive sucks, and if any of you are that way, how do you cope with it? 

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
Re: thinking is awesome
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
being impulsive can get you into trouble, just know yourself so you can stop yourself

taking meds, is just a temp fix

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
You gotta work on personal discipline in order to not be negatively impulsive. Theres no easy fix for that!

[kata]

Offline bloo-apple

• Bloo-Apple
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
noticed if I don't eat, I am super lazy even if I want to work.  I just start to do the work and keep crashing.

I've got 4 essays due in the next 2 days and I am trying so hard to get them done, but i am just failing to start

even worse is that I am not in the mood to eat. possibley a side effect of the medicine..  [cen]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
take a shower
snack on candy
get your blood pumping by exercise
slap yourself!

one of these must work for ya!

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »
:3c I have a problem with being impulsively outspoken about certain subjects... :I I don't cope well, I can tell ya that. I know how argumentative I can be sometimes buuuuuuuuuuut on the flipside I do know when it's time to admit I was wrong and someone else was right and when to apologize, but they've got to make a real legit argument against my claims, if they make lame arguments or the same argument over and over I usually take their word for a grain of salt and could care less for their opinion..

:3c But sometimes that impulsiveness about passionate subjects gets me in deep doodoo C: But I usually come up alright... XD I remember this one time... This monitor at my school haaaaaaaaaaates me for some reason, andi was walking... She took me to the office saying my dress was "see through" I was like "DAAAAAAAAAAANG, I went smurf overnight!" (it was a blue dress) :I I almost had three or four write ups by the end of the day... "Disobedience", "Dress Code Violation", "Disorderly Conduct", "Disrespect to Administration" :D Oh it grand! :3c And by the end of it, the principle ripped up all to write ups I got, because she had a real conversation with me to find out why my reactions were as such.

Disobedience- I refused to see a male administrator about MY DRESS, sorry but :3 nahhh I'm good~
Dress Code Violation- She thought she could see through my dress because i'm a smurf... obviously it was a transparent dress and you could see my blue skin through it, and thats why it appeared blue C:
Disrespect- "I don't care who he is, I will wait until she is available or else I won't see anyone and I'm going back to the AP class you guys are keeping me out of" > Said as a reaction to "He is your designated principle, and since the female isnt available right now, you have to see him"
Disorderly Conduct- C: They threatened to call my parents and I laughed at them X3 They would have really regretted calling my mom to tell her the dress she helped me pick out and approved of was "see through" and she had to leave work and drive two hours to come bring me a change of clothes :B She even said she'd have yelled their ears off if they ever tried that

:Dc I'ma bad apple
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 07:22:27 AM »
noticed if I don't eat, I am super lazy even if I want to work.  I just start to do the work and keep crashing.

I've got 4 essays due in the next 2 days and I am trying so hard to get them done, but i am just failing to start

even worse is that I am not in the mood to eat. possibley a side effect of the medicine..  [cen]

Maybe you're just lazy. You don't take time to socialize with people, you are too lazy to feed yourself regularly, you don't have discipline in school, work, or life, and you DONT READ POSTS BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE THAN SIX WORDS LONG.

Sounds like you just don't have any reason to exist, nor want to try to fit into the world around you, bro.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
bloo's mind is that of a programmer

i can relate in ways

Offline bloo-apple

• Bloo-Apple
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »
logical yes, i can see before had what leads to the next thing.  In ways I overthink and have arguements in my head saying if I do this, I will get yelled at, but this is what i will say.. and then she will say this, and i will say this. and it goes on and on.

That's linear thinking, I think I am above average when it comes to figuring out why things happen or what is going to happen.

However, I wish I could be a conceptual thinker instead, and see situations as a whole, and not figure things out 1 thing at a time.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
conceptual thinking is awesome! its a sort of organized chaos fixed into a mental dance! ROLL WITH DA PUNCHES AND GET BACK UP.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 07:57:52 AM »
just try it! you can do both