4M4Life.com

soldier

Offline Ishtarvanii

• I will eat you if you just ask.
soldier
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »
what does it mean hmm? i was asked recently and it got me to thinking why someone would do it. to me i think the only justfied reason in joining is money. what are your thoughts?

Without a little bit of envy nothing can be accomplished.

-------------------------------------------
********(¨`·.·´¨).I.(¨`·.·´¨)* *********
****(`·.·´`·. ¸.·;Love`·.¸.·´`·.·´)*****
*****`·.¸.·´****Hate`·¸.´******
*******`·.¸(¨`· Forever·´¨)..·´********
**************`·.¸.·´********* ******

Offline Flashwerewolf

• SPIDERWOLF AP: 620
    • 4M4Life
Re: soldier
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
Protecting the ones you care about from foreign invaders, or from those that threaten their peace. To further the statement that your country is 'the best', or to honor those who served in the past.

[kata]

Offline Ishtarvanii

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:22 PM »
but are any of those just reasons??

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
How are they not justifiable? Doing it for money is more honest than just in my opinion.

[kata]

Offline Ishtarvanii

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
cause, there are no foreign invaders, to protect ones family, from what? to believe that ones country is actually the best is rubbish. thats the biggest thing about Americans i hate. if you do it for money then no one can question your values. everyone needs money. 

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »
There are always potential foreign invaders, Its a matter of defense and tactical offense to ward off those from succeeding in an invasion.

America isn't the first nor only country that believes they are the best. Its a genetic trait with humans and the propaganda that is used to establish a sense of honor or accomplishment. There are patriotic people in every country that will argue that their country is the best.

I'd say of the reasons listed, serving in honor of those who had served in the past is the only just reason.

Military isn't a just occupation by any means. nor is it supposed to be.

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• ♥ Ich bin dein Kaninchen! ♥ ⊂(˙ワ˙)⊃
    • PLURtanz
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:10:50 AM »
I agree with FW on that one... Some people do it out of pure interest in the education and training provided; not only does it get you to your top physical peak, but it trains you with weaponry both foreign and American, that you'd never be able to even touch in another field, and some people really have a fascination with weaponry.

Some people do it out of patriotism, and whether or not it was true patriotism or propaganda based patriotism, they did it out of love for their nation, that they would give their life for. The dedication and honor to be in the position is not really too terribly comparable to many other feelings. They defend the life they've come to know and love, and defend their American values as well as their military values.

Some, well a lot, do join for the tuition help and paychecks, but almost every single one of them have another reason for doing it besides just the money. It's a big decision to join the military, and not one  taken lightly or based solely off of a paycheck.

You should give them more respect than I've seen displayed, Envy... Even if you do have British roots, Britain and America have long since stopped fighting and the hostility dwindles immensely (at least it has for Americans, although I've never met a Brit that walked around trashing on America hardcore).
I am the creator of awesome points and therefore I have a never ending supply.
10 Luffle Points~!

*****`·.¸.·´*ZombieHugs*`·¸.´******
[refle]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_22_05_09_12_36_39.png[/refle]

[img]http://4mchan.org/Forum/gallery/1_27_08_09_1_54_05.

Offline Ishtarvanii

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:43:02 AM »
Oh i dont just hate the American military, but also the British, Spanish etc.. to me "patriotism" is an illusion. I cant grasp the importance of military. as Flash said there are always foreign invaders. that is not true, name one country that has the power and means to take over America? or any "white" nation. fighting for freedom doesnt happen any more because it doesnt need to. Just a bunch of people who believe in an idea that holds no value, sure to them it does. But thats not good enough, they are all pawns, numbers. They gave up there self to serve something that doesnt deserve to be served. Addy, you said before you didnt mind the way govt. acted. i do. i wish i could see them dead, in my opinion they are way to powerful. i dont believe a government should have the power to set a limit of smoking and drinking, this goes for my govt. too. im sick of humanity, i wish i could go back to when i was ignorant but alas i cant. once you wake up and see the world for its true colours you can do one of a couple things. you can accept it and try to go back to sleep which is hard to do. or you can choose to live under that state of mind, giving up most happiness and in exchange you get to see the worlds bastard of a face. i chose the latter and when it comes to fighting over something as pitiful as a country it sickens me. im just observing the world not really living in it. and im just waiting for it all to go down in flames because that is what people do.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
name one country that has the power and means to take over America? or any "white" nation.

Easy! Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, Russia, United States, North Korea. These are all countries that possess nuclear arms which have the power and means to devastate any other country including the US.

to me "patriotism" is an illusion.

I agree that upfront, patriotism doesn't actually exist, rather it is merely the expression of an individual(or group) used to create a standard of security for one's survival.

Example: To survive in a country is dependent on that country surviving. Supporting a country's survival is to support ones own survival, subconsciously.

fighting for freedom doesnt happen any more because it doesnt need to.
The fight for freedom still occurs especially in 'free' nations and will always occur around the world. Freedom = opportunity of choice, so where ever there exists an area where people are being robbed of choices due to the chance that they were born into that environment, there will be conflict in regards to freedom. Likewise, 'free' nations are constantly trying to maintain their freedom as trends and laws change over time, taking and giving from one group to another.

This ties in heavily with religious beliefs as they are the grounds for most societal concepts and standards. The never ending issue is that followers of religions will continue to believe that their religion is the one true belief, and the mixing of different religious beliefs continue to spark controversy.

It is in this way that religion is very similar to patriotism: more often than not, one will believe in the religion they are born into; a situation that they did not actively choose. Sadly religion is not debatable because by nature it exists on a grander scale of our understanding so its all  [cen] ed to try to argue about.

Addy, you said before you didnt mind the way govt. acted. i do. i wish i could see them dead, in my opinion they are way to powerful.

The American government is made up of members of its society based on a 'fair' voting system. To wish the government dead in this instance is to wish the society dead. It would be more logical to wish a government power dead if they followed a ruling history of nobility or blood right, since those things cannot be influenced by the common folk.

i dont believe a government should have the power to set a limit of smoking and drinking, this goes for my govt. too.

This is a Libertarian mindset of free will, that each person has the right to do what they want to do and live their life how they see fit. On paper it is ideal, however in reality it contradicts itself in a few points, as actions of an individual have direct reactions towards other individuals, encroaching on their free will.

I would argue that one must spend some time working towards a goal with someone who, does not carry their weight but argues their equal share of the fruits of the labor, in order to understand the flaws of these sorts of ideals.

But for simplicity's sake, laws based on age are to protect children from making decisions they cannot fully comprehend due to the fact that their brains are still developing and literally cannot make informed decisions on their own.

once you wake up and see the world for its true colours you can do one of a couple things. you can accept it and try to go back to sleep which is hard to do. or you can choose to live under that state of mind, giving up most happiness and in exchange you get to see the worlds bastard of a face.

Happiness is not guaranteed, merely the pursuit is made available to those who wish to seek it out. To be sober to the unfairness the world can offer does not extinguish a shred of happiness, unless you are focusing on something that is unobtainable and thus wasting your time.

Understanding that the world exists outside the control of the individual in ways that can sometimes be illogical or cruel while the individual carries on to make a life for themselves is what it means to be an adult.

There is no right, there is no wrong, there is just reality. All one can do is live their life, or not.

im just waiting for it all to go down in flames because that is what people do.

You are a people so that statement means you wish to go down in flames as well.

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
Wow... I just typed up a rather big response but... dang... Flash beat me to it... c: He's such a nifty debater... So instead of making you read two rants about the same thing, I think Flash's is worded better so I'll just claim agreement with him once again.
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »
also TIME DOES NOT EXIST, I cannot stress this enough.

[kata]

Offline Ishtarvanii

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 04:14:18 PM »
i will argue a few points of that. If some one who doesnt pull their own weight and still wants the rewards, simple, kill them. I believe in a world that is long dead. We are worsening the world year by year. I think the world was right when you could kill a thief and strike down those against you. FW and Addy you seem to be wanting a world with "fair" rules to play by. An ideal world. That idea sickens me to no end. Yes i realize that to watch the world burn i would be going down as we, i am ok with that. I believe humans will destroy each other givin enough time, a reset on humanity if any of it survives. If not then oh well, we are a virus anyway. Well more like a bacteria, but anyway. FW you said with Govt. dead society would go. So? whats the point. i dont hive a damn about this broken society of vampires and "nice guys" in my eyes this world isnt worth saving, id rather watch it be destroyed and go down with it. Oh and about the nuclear war thing. nah i dont think it would happen now, no one is that stupid, oddly. no one has enough allies except the "white" nations. and they get along fine. Korea isnt dumb enough to start a war with none to few allies.

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
I offered none of my personal beliefs of the world, only that we are only able to live in the world as it is, observing objectively rather than subjectively. However bad it may seem, there are equaling good traits to go along with it. To ignore any aspect of humanity is to live in a cave.

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
An ideal world. That idea sickens me to no end. 

"So next time someone complains that you have made a mistake, tell him that may be a good thing. Because without imperfection, neither you nor I would not exist." - Stephen Hawking

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »
well said Mr. ROBOT

[kata]

Offline kinjo

• Lavalle Lee
    • FLASHCARTOONS.ORG
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 08:34:34 AM »
that is mean fw.. he's a brilliant man!

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 03:55:46 PM »
and a cyborg C:
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Flashwerewolf

• 4M4Life
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 04:21:35 AM »
How much of what he's said been proven? I always thought he was a theory guy. His wheelchair computer setup has always just been nerd-cred.

[kata]

Offline Adelaide

• PLURtanz
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »
o.o I'm not sure I never really cared for em much
10 Luffle Points~!

Offline Kedzor

• ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • The 4M
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
BALLS SON, STRAIGHT BRASS, BLOOD, AND BALLS.

My brain pattern set does not make a reply is still more work to be mean?Are you saying we define ourselves through our interactions and expectations of individuals and think this board and it is harmless, cheesy fun in the second girl who has done that has any comments on like knights of the prisoner in which you have, or are at the same in spirit. But i'm staying here for semantics.